It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

According to CNN’s Jake Tapper, the Obama administration is threatening CIA operatives who were on the ground during the deadly terrorist attack in Benghazi to keep them silent:

It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career. In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, “You don’t jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well.”

They sure are going to extremes to cover up this phony scandal.

www.ijreview.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh, so Phony scandals huh?????

0bama, the people are coming from you.........

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The Pentagon's Secret Wars

President Barack Obama is rapidly expanding the borders of the undeclared wars he’s waging in the name of the United States.
In a study entitled “How Many Wars Is the U.S. Fighting Today?” Harvard professor Linda Bilmes and Michael Intriligator of UCLA estimate that the United States government is fighting at least five “unannounced and undeclared” wars around the world.

The paper reports that these unconstitutional combat operations represent a “tradition of many previous covert US military incursions,” such as those carried out in past decades in Chile, Cuba, Nicaragua, El Salvador, and others. With the advancement in drone technology, the government is able to be “involved in more conflicts worldwide.”

And the evidence is that the Obama administration is taking full advantage of those capabilities. The paper reported:
www.hks.harvard.edu...
Today US military operations are involved in scores of countries across all the five continents. The US military is the world’s largest landlord, with significant military facilities in nations around the world, and with a significant presence in Bahrain, Djibouti, Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Kyrgyzstan, in addition to long-established bases in Germany, Japan, South Korea, Italy, and the UK.

That list, of course, does not include the less well defined “military presence” in Colombia, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, the Philippines, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

Add to that the following summary of the combat operations published by Global Research:

Many smaller US military operations in Africa and the Middle East are increasingly utilizing drones. Former US Africa Command (AFRICOM) commander General Carter Ham stated in February that his forces required a 15-fold increase in surveillance and reconnaissance capacities for the continent. US Air Force drones have already been flying sorties across North Africa, and the US already operates drone bases in Djibouti, Ethiopia and the Seychelles.

As part of “Operation Nomad Shadow,” a secret US military surveillance program, the US military is currently launching drones from the Incirlik air base in Turkey to provide surveillance for the Turkish military in its campaign against the separatist Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK). The drones fly into northern Iraq to gather data, which is then transmitted to a “fusion cell” in Ankara for analysis.

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
the powers that be don't want too risk another "Benghazi" ,,there must be a difference in allowing attacks to happen after all

edit on 2-8-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I find it funny that the narrative of this story has all of a sudden changed, and people who bought the conspiracy theory as it was presented before are now buying this newer one, which is still quite vague. Which is it? And is it even either of these?

Let me be clear: I don't doubt that there was a CIA operation going on there in Benghazi and that Ambassador Stevens was likely a covert CIA agent. I imagine there was some weapons running operation, trying to buy back weapons given to Libyan rebels in order to ship them to Syrian rebels. I also think the fact that the operation blew up in the CIA's face is why Petraeus resigned, rather than because of his affair with that journalist.

My point is that Benghazi conspiracists were earlier (months back) saying that things went down one way, and now it looks like the situation may have been considerably different, although the public still really doesn't know the facts of the matter, but that isn't keeping people from again coming to their own conclusions on the matter, invariably still blaming Clinton and Obama for it even though it was a CIA operation and Petraeus should ultimately be held responsible for it.

In addition it was a covert operation. Generally those things are kept secret. Yet a lot up people are upset that all the details aren't being released. I would imagine many of the people upset with the details not being released are the same people who think Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden are criminals and perhaps even traitors -- even though they were blowing the whistle on illegal and/or unconstitutional actions by the US government. Why is their releasing of confidential/secret information bad, but people want the details of this CIA operation made public? It seems a double standard.

Let me additionally make clear that I'm not against the details of this CIA operation gone bad in Benghazi being made public. I just find it interesting, amusing and telling that the narrative of the cover-up conspiracists evolves as more rumors about this story come out, yet it invariably continues to blame Hilary Clinton and Obama for it, when Betrayus was the clown ultimately responsible for it. Also if there indeed several dozen CIA workers/agents involved the night of the attack, then it would seem that it wasn't the case of a few security guards and an ambassador being left to twist in the wind.

As for death tolls of CIA agents, the 3-5 agents killed at Benghazi is no more than the five killed in the Beirut Embassy bombing in 1983 during the Reagan administration. I don't recall a lot of outrage aimed Reagan or his Sec. of State, George Schultz, for that security lapse. And as for major intelligence failures and the failure to protect Americans, there is of course the 9/11 attacks under Bush II. I don't recall Fox or the usual right-wing media sources -- or even the MSM outlets: CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC -- ever criticizing Bush for this egregious security lapse. Thus I find the ongoing pre-occupation with Benghazi by some to be a bit strange.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Aquifer project Wrabbit mentioned gets weirder.
Radioactive Water Supply

An explosive study on the problem was published in February 2009, but it has only attracted attention in the professional world until now. A team working with geochemist Avner Vengosh of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, had tested radioactivity levels in 37 samples from the Disi aquifer. According to the findings, published in the journal Environmental Science & Technology, the water from the aquifer, which is about 30,000 years old, is up to 30 times as radioactive as the WHO considers safe.

The radioactivity is caused by natural uranium and thorium that can occur in sedimentary rock. Their decay products include radium, which can cause bone cancer if it enters the human body. Two isotopes, radium-226 and radium-228, with half-lives of 1,600 years and less than six years, respectively, are especially dangerous.

Using Vengosh's data, the German Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BfS) has now calculated the magnitude of the health risk.

According to its estimates, a person who drinks two liters of water a day from the Disi aquifer is exposed to radiation levels of between 0.99 and 1.53 millisieverts a year, or 10 to 15 times as much as WHO considers safe.

According to the BfS, if we assume that the population receives an average annual dose of one millisievert and has an average life expectancy of 70 years, the radioactive drinking water will increase the normal number of deaths by four people per 1,000.
What does that translate to in a population of millions?

When this estimate is extrapolated to the roughly two million residents of Amman, who are to be supplied with drinking water from the Disi aquifer in the future, it comes to about 8,000 additional deaths. The calculation only applies to the absorption of radium that occurs when people drink the water, without taking into account other ways in which radiation can enter the body, such as when the water is used to irrigate fields and radiation becomes concentrated in vegetables.

Duke University

As part of a USAID (Middle East Research Cooperation, MERC) funded-project that included scientists from Israel, Palestine, Jordan, and the US, we investigated the occurrence of radium isotopes in groundwater from the Middle East, particularly in fossil groundwater from the Nubian Sandstone basins in Jordan and Israel.

In contrast, in highly conductive aquifers, such as the Nubian sandstone aquifers, the balance between uniform recoil contribution of Ra from the aquifer solids and limited retardation due to the relatively low adsorption sites would generate Ra-rich groundwater.

Basically, most of the middle eastern people have been drinking highly irradiated water, and using it for their crops/livestock for years.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I find it amusing that people complain that nothing was done when mistakes or bad stuff went down under other presidents, like people were not in an uproar over them. But when their guy is under fire, they say hey you let the other guy go, so let this one go, you owe us...Sorry it needs to stop, and if we didnt do it right last time, its even more important to make sure it stops happening, so you can claim people are only complaining now there is a black man in charge all you want. The fact remains, if he and Hilary are guilty, they need to go down. And I dont see Obama taking the hit so she can take the helm next election either. Face facts, it doesnt matter if you have a D or an R next to your political name, they are on the opposite team as we the people plain and simple, once you accept that, things might start changing.

I doubt we ever get this whole story, just like the others. They cant have the people united, as long as we are divided, they win. And 95% of you go right along with it.. Im black , hes white, we cant get along...hes a republican and Im a democrat, we cant hang out...she had an abortion, I dont believe it should be legal...you get the point, all that matters about as much as if you drive a honda or a toyota.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have to wonder if the extremist population of the Middle East is caused by their consumption of irradiated drinking water.

Effects on brain function
Radiation can cause changes in the brain tissue. Small blood vessels may slowly become scarred and blocked. This cuts off the blood supply to areas of the brain and so some brain cells will die off. The symptoms can be mild, moderate or severe, depending on how much radiation damage there is. You may have

Problems thinking clearly, or managing tasks you previously found easy
Poor memory
Confusion
Personality changes
Symptoms you had from your original tumour

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The CIA were part of the Op and it was timed to coincide with the anniversary of 9/11.

Hillary and the PTB figured everything was under control as it was a CIA led and inspired Op to begin with.

This is just CNN trying to make the CIA look good and the Establishment, bad.

Otherwise since when would CNN be reporting anything that would appear ugly in regards to CIA Operations..?

As far as Hillary goes, to use an analogy, it's like a high-up member of the Hell's Angels allowing one of their own to take a hit if it serves the larger, big picture, purpose.

Or, total incompetence while attempting to play both sides against the middle, both on her part, and their part, with a bunch of radical fundamentalists thrown into the mix like some sort of made in the USA war on terror sandwich, and the poor US ambassador lost his life for no reason.

Let this be the kill switch on Hillary's possible 2016 run for the White House.

edit on 2-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Fun in Libya -
Life Technologies?
Repsol
Libyan Herald

Tripoli, 31 January 2013:

Life Technologies, an American-based biotechnology company, has said that it will provide a complete laboratory system to help identify bodies from mass graves, and other missing persons.

The new laboratory, which will be set up in Tripoli, will help identify the remains of an estimated 20,000 people who were found in mass graves after the revolution. It will also try to shed light on cases of missing persons dating back to the old regime.

“It is our hope that many families will find the answers to what happened to their loved ones,” said Peter Silvester, president of the Europe, Middle East and Africa division of Life Technologies.

Some 50,000 samples a year will be processed at the new laboratory which, it is anticipated, will be up and running by the end of the year. Using the latest technologies, DNA samples will be employed to generate profiles from human remains. The extracted DNA will be compared with samples from relatives of missing people may help with identification.

So the major oil company in Libya brings in a biotechnology firm to study dna samples in an area of the world where the people have been drinking highly irradiated water for years and has full access to a Fossil Water project that contains water that is a million years old.

Oh and would this be bad for the area considering it is sitting right near Benghazi?
Source

To lift the plant’s current environmental emission levels up to current internationally accepted standards, a number of actions have been proposed during rejuvenation. These actions include:
􏰀 Installation of a spent caustic neutralisation unit. Currently spent caustic is discharged directly into the sea.
􏰀 Provision of acid gas treatment to combat Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) venting over the Brega region.
􏰀 Replace or modify burn pits. Burn pits are no longer considered best practice in modern oil and gas plants.
􏰀 Installation of boil off gas recovery system and storage and loading flare. The boil off gas is currently vented direct to atmosphere.
􏰀 Installation of a neutralisation pit with a controlled discharge for the process waters, particularly targeting hydrocarbon containing streams.

Wait....Hydrogen Sulphide is a chemical weapon and highly poisonous.

Maybe that is why NATO really destroyed it.
Great Man Made River

On 22 July during the 2011 Libyan civil war, one of the two plants making pipes for the project, the Brega Plant, was hit by a NATO air strike.[9] At a press conference on 26 July, NATO explained that rockets had been fired from within the plant area, and that military material, including multiple rocket launchers, was stored there according to intelligence findings, presenting a photo showing at BM-21 MRL as an example.[10]

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Overseeing the surface-to-air missile trafficking of American SAMs to be used by terrorists to shoot down American aircraft and start the war.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

you are an impressively inquisitive man.
you do not accept anything a face value.
you dig and dig to get to the bottom of an issue that commands your attention
i admire and respect you so much that words cannot describe.

of course there were cia operatives on the ground,
and cia is not a militarily controlled assett.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A biotechnology company that works on Synthetic Biology and has a product that can cause targeted mutations???

Site Directed Mutagenesis

The mutagenesis efficiency for a 12 base substitution, insertion or deletion was above 90%. The performance of GeneArt® Site-Directed Mutagenesis kit was comparable to the latest generation of kits from competitor 'Q'.

Take control of your mutagenesis experiments today!

It's like something run by a mad scientist, how awesome is that?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
why why can't we have a transparent government? This Obama admin is just horrible man, i was willing to give him a chance. at first I thought maybe he would try to be something different....turns out he's actually one of the worst presidents of all time

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769

I find it amusing that people complain that nothing was done when mistakes or bad stuff went down under other presidents, like people were not in an uproar over them. But when their guy is under fire, they say hey you let the other guy go, so let this one go, you owe us...Sorry it needs to stop, and if we didnt do it right last time, its even more important to make sure it stops happening, so you can claim people are only complaining now there is a black man in charge all you want. The fact remains, if he and Hilary are guilty, they need to go down. And I dont see Obama taking the hit so she can take the helm next election either. Face facts, it doesnt matter if you have a D or an R next to your political name, they are on the opposite team as we the people plain and simple, once you accept that, things might start changing.

I doubt we ever get this whole story, just like the others. They cant have the people united, as long as we are divided, they win. And 95% of you go right along with it.. Im black , hes white, we cant get along...hes a republican and Im a democrat, we cant hang out...she had an abortion, I dont believe it should be legal...you get the point, all that matters about as much as if you drive a honda or a toyota.

I find it amusing and interesting that you apparently didn't read my post in its entirety. I wasn't defending the current administration, but pointing out that the people blaming this administration for whatever happened in Benghazi keep changing their story as more information and/or rumors come out, but they continue to blame the same people for it even though it is becoming clearer and clearer that this was a CIA operation through and through. But who was the head of the CIA at the time? The neocons', conservatives' and Republicans' golden boy, Petraeus. Yet the usual suspects of Obama and Clinton haters are bringing this up.

I'm not a shill for Obama, Billary or the corporate-establishment wing of the Democratic party. I have plenty of problems with them and I criticize them on these issues. I'm not asking conservatives to give them a pass on things because Republican administrations did the same thing. What I am doing is questioning is their motives and extreme bias in getting hot and bothered when a black Democrat president does it, but standing in solidarity with white Republican presidents when they do the same or worse. I'm also questioning why they keep on trying to lay the blame on a black Democrat president and a white female Sec of State when it was a white, Republican CIA director who was more responsible for this apparent fiasco; the answer seems manifestly evident.

I am also asking why the people who tend to side against Snowden and Manning because they release US secrets, want to have all the secret information come out on this CIA operation that involved the attack on the Benghazi "diplomatic" mission. This is just more politically biased intellectual dissonance.

The US has long had many very dirty and ugly CIA operations. Why only now are conservatives upset about one of them, when they still don't even know the factual details of it?

I agree with you completely in saying we have to get past this partisan bickering between the two parties' constituents. These two parties are playing good cop/bad cop with the American people to keep us divided and to keep themselves in office to serve their corporate masters. I'm all for throwing all the bums out, but the details of some failed CIA mission aren't going to get this done. Rather the continued criminal and unconstitutional actions of the past several administrations as well as the corruption and bribery of congress -- on both sides of the aisle -- an the gross partisanship and bias of the majority of the Supreme Court are what should merit a complete political overhaul of the US government.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
CNN

Among those identified as a suspect or person of high interest from the hours after the Sept. 11, 2012 attack – by both U.S. and Libyan officials – is Ahmed Abu Khattalah, a leader of the Islamist organization Ansar al-Sharia. But in a recent conversation with CNN's Arwa Damon, Khattalah acknowledged being at the U.S. diplomatic mission after the attack but denied any involvement. In that conversation – in Benghazi – Khattalah told CNN he has not been questioned by either Libyan authorities or the FBI.

In their letter, the lawmakers write, "We encourage you to be aggressive in your investigation to properly hold accountable those who attacked our compounds in Benghazi. We owe the families of those killed, and the people of this nation, answers to who was responsible and ensure they are held accountable."

Source

Just hours before the CNN interview was revealed, eight GOP lawmakers sent a letter to newly confirmed FBI Director James Comey insisting that the Bureau’s investigation into that attack has thus far yielded “unacceptable” results.

“Rumors continue to swirl about the whereabouts of suspects involved in the attack,” the letter read. “The FBI continues to add pictures of potential assailants to its website and asks the Libyan people to assist with identifying the alleged perpetrators. We struggle to understand why we don’t know more about those who attacked two U.S. compounds and murdered four brave Americans.”

“We ask that you provide a status report on the investigation within 30 days of the date of being sworn in as the Director,” the letter concludes.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

So the FBI is handling the investigation.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This sounds like bs I was under the impression these guys were trained to beat these tests.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
And since Rep. Issa was one of the guys to sign the letter to the new FBI Director, he is also hitting the State Dept.

State Dept. Subpeonas.

The chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has issued two subpoenas to the State Department for documents related to the deadly assault last year on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.
Republican congressman Darrell Issa of California said in a statement Thursday that he wants all documents the department gave to an independent review board headed by former diplomat Thomas Pickering and retired Adm. Mike Mullen. Issa also asked for all documents and communications related to interviews conducted by the board.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

e dit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I ain't forgotten....yet. But if this woman disappears or dies soon, we have an idea why....

Source
Twitter Feed

CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson’s frustrations with the White House’s continued stonewalling on the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, boiled over Friday in a series of tweets she released that sums up the FBI’s willingness to share information with the American public
Not even one page about an investigation that killed an ambassador and three other Americans that the administration — including the president himself — attributed to a “protest” over a video no one had seen.

Not even one page about an act of terrorism that took place two months before the re-election of a president who tried to make another terrorist’s death two years before — with the the Navy Seals’ killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan — a claim to his security credentials.

And the FBI’s reason for stonewalling? A tried-and-true law enforcement dodge …:

The FBI doesn't have much time left before the 30 days mandated for their investigation is up.....think we will hear the truth or will it be buried under another story?

we can't have any visuals either (incl surveillance video CIA agreed to release before Petraeus was fired.)

FBI Letter

I couldn't find a date on the page about these pics so i am not sure how recent they are but felt i should add it for posterity.

Source

I wouldn't surprise most of us to know that this journalists computers were hacked a few months back...
CBS NEWS

Meanwhile, Kerry has allowed 4 State Dept. employees to return to work after they have spent nearly a year on paid leave.
CBS NEWS

Following the ARB investigation into the incident, then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton placed Diplomatic Security Chief Eric Boswell, security officials Charlene Lamb and Scott Bultrowicz and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for the Maghreb Region Raymond Maxwell on administrative leave. They continued collecting their government paychecks during their leave, but have remained in employment limbo until this week.

Boswell resigned his position in December 2012, just months after the Sept. 11 attack which left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three American security personnel dead.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join