It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Gone Wild: Agents Taking Naps, Stealing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
An insane Federal Department has gone nuts !!

The Transportation Security Administration has a problem and it won't go away.

A new government report says misconduct by Transportation Security Administration workers has increased more than 26% in the last three years.

TSA officers were cited for more than 9,600 cases of misconduct from 2010 to 2012, according to the new GAO report which shows TSA agents often received light punishments their misconduct.

Some of the most serious violations include: Employees sleeping on the job, letting family and friends go without being screened, leaving work without permission and stealing.

So are WE really being 'secured' and how 'safe' are we ?

TSA Gone Wild: Agents Taking Naps, Stealing

The Government Accountability Office has a very detailed and alarming Report (pdf)

from the approx 9600 cases;

(page 15 tables)

Screening and security
Failure to follow standard operating procedures, bypassing screening, sleeping on duty
20%

Failure to follow instructions
Insubordination, ignoring policies, disrespectful conduct
16%

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The TSA is a complete joke:

Stealing,sleeping on the job, leaving work early, getting to fondle strangers !

Amazing what union jobs can get away with.

TSA Theiving and Stealing Agency.
edit on 1-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You know I don't think I've once read an article about the TSA that has painted them in a positive light. I mean is this agency going to any length to make the entirety of American loathe them completely? Of course they belong to the Department of Homeland Subversion, so no reason to be surprised.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I cannot for the life of me understand HOW they could ever fall asleep in public like that. My wife had news on when this came across, so I caught a TV report of it as well. They showed one snoozing in a chair in what was clearly public space of the airport.

Aside from my early days of partying to the point of pure stupid? I've only fallen sleep one time in a public place and I just about kicked myself raw when I startled awake to realize what I'd done. Heck...That was occupy though and I'd been running on munchies and kitchen tent menus for 3 days straight. A guy can be forgiven a momentary lapse, I'd think. What is THEIR excuse?? If they want to claim the pay isn't good enough for the work, they can resign today and see thousands apply for the opening they leave.

We asked for security and we got a comedy show in a very bad place for it. What a legacy Aunt Janet leaves in her wake.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If terrorists want to do something they just need to get a flight a 6am at JFK. I walk through with little to no checks as they were all too busy gospeing in the corner and doing there own thing to care. I could have walked in with 20Kg of Semtex straped to me and they wouldnt have noticed

Either they go over the top or they dont do anything

edit on 2-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I watched a report on this on 7-31 on WGN Channel 9 (Chicago) where they tracked a Ipad to a TSA agents house. The Agent denied that they had it. The Reporter used the Ipad tracking and it started beeping inside the house. Obviously this moron was fired promptly by TSA.

This is what happens when you give people absolute power, you get absolute corruption.

I digress before I start getting vulgar about this crap~

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
I watched a report on this on 7-31 on WGN Channel 9 (Chicago) where they tracked a Ipad to a TSA agents house. The Agent denied that they had it. The Reporter used the Ipad tracking and it started beeping inside the house. Obviously this moron was fired promptly by TSA.

This is what happens when you give people absolute power, you get absolute corruption.

I digress before I start getting vulgar about this crap~

I saw that story....

The funniest part was HE BLAMED HIS WIFE!!

What a classy guy!

I think it's time we do away with the TSA and double the number of Air Marshals.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am wondering if they are the ones that stole my Credit card on my vist to New York

Makes sense as they are the only ones who had access to it.

$1000 dollers on Coffe and hamburgers in 1 week they spent!

Most likey buying as his TSA buddys drinks and meals at the Brits expense.

new topics

top topics

join