It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge sentences Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro to life, plus 1,000 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Castro shouldn't even be taking another breath of air.

Sorry the guy is a barbaric animal and deserves worse.

Life in Prison : all expenses paid stay on the tax payer dime.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmm I wonder if it's a bit of both? I am unsure of laws these days being stuck at work and not able to read as much as I used to. Though all I can say is hope he gets what is coming to him and such.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Well save for florida.. Life technically means 25 years no parole..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Can this guy live forever or suttin lol ? he deserves the injection is what he deserves but 1000 years lol, what are the gonna do make him drink out of the fountain of youth so he can live that sentence out lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity?

But when a lot of other nations and people think the USA is full "Nuts". This sentence proofs it.
So he sentenced to LIVE + 1,000 years. That means they will keep his body another 1,000 years in the cell?
And then people are surprised why the USA is the Laughing stock of the world.
Live just means that! LIVE- till to his natural or unnatural death in prison, So what "purpose" would an extra 1,000 years make? Even if with all the GMO they now feed to people some "mutation" happens that makes the now 50yo? - I think that's about his age live on to 210 years of age. If it is Live till death then the 1,000+ sound a bit stupid to say the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

reply to post by MystiqueAgent

reply to post by Guenter

reply to post by adamkgonz

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

reply to post by woogleuk

The 1000 years thing is a simple legality.

He faced 977 charges and pled guilty to 937 to them. Accordingly, the judge has to sentence him for each charge, which he did and the sentences just happened to add up this way.
edit on 8/1/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Still sounds stupid so. Even if one explains it to KG kid.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He had an awful lawyer, my guy could of got me off with only 500 years.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

I know it sounds stupid but those are just the rules...I don't mind how it sounds, the law served him what he deserved.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
curiuos,,,,

1,000 years, so if Jesus returns Friday, does the Judges Ruling still stand?

As his victim Amanda Knight said, he will face Hell for eternity. So I guess God would just back up the judge's ruling with a sentence of indefinite torment...which is what he deserves.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I get your point

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I"m not advocating violence so this is a prediction .. not an advocation ....

Considering the big name he has made for himself and considering that his crimes are
against women who were children when he first started them, I'm thinking he'll be a
high value target in whatever prison he is stuck in. Someone is going to want to
get this guy .. some will want it really badly ... IMHO.

I wouldn't bet on it. It may depend on the location, but where I live pedophiles are being imprisoned with other pedophiles for exactly this reason. How then, of course, are they supposed to realize their wrongs if they're locked in with like-minded perverts?

Let them all rot.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I know this is pretty late reply but I just wanted to say thank you for clarifying that for me

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Think the guy's neighbors should get 500 years for not saying anything...wasn't the one girl running around naked in the backyard with chains on and nobody called 5-0?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent

I know this is pretty late reply but I just wanted to say thank you for clarifying that for me

No problem! The law can be a weird and wacky thing and sometimes, the system just doesn't make any sense. I'm going into my third year of law school this month...talk about information overload, the amount of legislation for this country and the legislation FOR the legislation and so on is just staggering. I'm glad I could help shed a little light on the subject.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Right on
OJ was "paroled" yesterday. But he is still in prison, due to longer sentencing of other related crimes.
Right down the road from here, in lovely Lovelock, Nevada Correctional Center.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What is the additional 1000 years for. That is what I've always wondered. I see jcutler12888 has given an in depth explanation, Thank you.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
What is the additional 1000 years for. That is what I've always wondered. I see jcutler12888 has given an in depth explanation, Thank you.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

You're welcome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join