It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the United States will fall?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No, America will not fall within our lifetimes. Yes, it will change. That is part of its beauty, one of its strengths.

It is true that many people want it to fall, the quicker and more violently the better. Some of those people post here regularly. But the reason thay post here is that they are not allowed to voice their views in their own country. But also, many of those posters live here in the US, and disguise their hate as patriotism.

That is the beauty of it. A country full of caring, giving people will always win out over the enemies who hate it for its success.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If China continues it's growth technologically, in 25 years we will be gauging the economy by Yuan, not US dollars or Euros.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

I would compare America right now to a weight-lifter that's "roided up" and suddenly realizing the results of their drug abuse....What has happened and will happen in the next four years will leave permanent scars on America, and we'll have to wear them as a reminder when the time comes to rebuild...

LOVE the comparaison...it's really a country that went strong, really really strong, then it went bad, then oups! Out of control

BTW, I like your avatar

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If China continues it's growth technologically, in 25 years we will be gauging the economy by Yuan, not US dollars or Euros.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 years is too short time: 40--50 is OK

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rc
I keep hearing about this that one day the US will fall. Our goverment. I know in history it happens, all empires have fallen at one point. Do you think this will happen to the United States? If so when and how?

This is the wrong question. The people of the United States who live with a Constitution will never fall. What will fall are those who pretend to be the government and abrogate it daily, and work to undermine it.

In the most poignant sense the United States has fallen a long time ago to the dominance of European bankers who print money at will, and put us into endless debt while buying what they want here at will. The United States other than as a belief in the minds of the people is totally and completely dead. We have been had totally since the European bankers and their confederates completely overthrew our government in 1913 with the unwilling help of Woodrow Wilson who was blackmailed by a marital infidelity.

Our government therefore has been dead, other than as a minimum concept of mind, since then. That cheery little belief system has been highly profitable for those who continue to ravage this country. They were not satisfied owning it basically having the ability to steal at will, they want to crush even the beliefs we cherish that we are "free."

Sorry but wake up already, the United States has been functionally dead, and now they want to even kill the toothfairy dream that it still exists.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ancient Israel and the U.S.

I recently watched a program that dealt with the similarities of Old Testament Israel and the U.S. The U.S. has drifted from God since it's formation and morally we are picking up speed in our decline. This is what happened to ancient Israel.

It got me to thinking so I checked out how many kings Israel had from Saul through the DIVIDED KINGDOMS of Israel and Judah. I found out that Israel had 44 kings rule over them. Now David's son Absalom tried to oust his father but the Bible doesn't say King Absalom anywhere in it, so I'm not counting him. It does call Ishbosheth and Adonijah king so they are counted. Of these 44 one was a queen. God then had both Israel and Judah conquered by her enemies.

George W. Bush is the 43rd president of the United States. We are also a nation divided(republicans and democrats) and that was made apparent and solidified in the last election. The U.S. has had a president and first lady similar to Ahab and Jezebel. We also have a woman who is in a position of power right know who has the capability to run for president in 2008 and has a real chance of winning the office. This would match the one queen Israel had. We are only one president away from the same amount as ancient Israel's 44 kings. God removed them after their 44th "kingly" leader. Is He about to deal with the U.S. in the same way.

The Bible tells us that things written in it are for ensamples for us. The word ensamples can include the definition of "imitation" and "pattern."
Ecclesiastes also says there is nothing new under the sun, the things that have happened will happen again.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
yes (unfortunatly)

i think it will be economic.
i think it will be within the next 20 years, probably 10
the US may continue in a diffrent form though.

i think the EU will be the new superpower, and as long as they leave whatever is left of the US alone i could care less. but if they come over here...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There are different ways of "falling." We are just about bankrupt as a nation; and our whole monetary system is about to fall.

The Feds have used a huge amount of our private property as collateral for national debt loans in Asia and Europe. Thus, private property is also vulnerable.

Our military is over-extended across the world; moreover, I hear the number of deserting soldiers over in Iraq is now over 20,000. Does not bode well for the military.

I've heard tell that terrorists have planted half a dozen to a dozen suitcase Abombs around our nation, just waiting for the right moment to detonate them. That could be a problem.

We know for a fact that the Feds manufacture bugs and germs at Ft. Detrick Maryland; whom is going to be the object of their mobile infection squads is yet to be determined.

This is a partial list. So, looking at what's going on, yeah, I think it's a good bet that this nation's heyday is over.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
Our military is over-extended across the world; moreover, I hear the number of deserting soldiers over in Iraq is now over 20,000. Does not bode well for the military.

I've heard tell that terrorists have planted half a dozen to a dozen suitcase Abombs around our nation, just waiting for the right moment to detonate them. That could be a problem.

Where did you "hear" these things, because if you read them, some links would be helpful.

Thanks
KJ

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The Feds have used a huge amount of our private property as collateral for national debt loans in Asia and Europe. Thus, private property is also vulnerable.

Vulnerable in what way? My 3 bedroom ranch on 2 acres is not in jeopardy.

You should qualify this statement. It sounds like you are saying that the 20,000 number applies to American troops. I do not believe that and would like to see your proof.

It's good practice to supply supporting information with your statements. Simply saying "I heard" doesn't convince too many people.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I know. You're right. I should have dug out my citations FIRST.

I have been sitting at this computer for twelve hours. I'll do it in the morning, okaaaayyy?

[slump]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sure...the USA could fall tomorrow, if a well thought out plan was in place...but it's not likely.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

There are different ways of "falling." We are just about bankrupt as a nation; and our whole monetary system is about to fall.

I believe to it will be economic. But there could be many factors that will cause it. This nation spends what we don't have. Jobs are going overseas(this started with the first President Bush and was accelerated with President Clinton and is being continued under the current President Bush. Also a major or a few minor to major terrorist attacks within the U.S. will cause a great panic. When the fall does come it will be very sudden and great, and will leave ripple affects around the world and make a void that that needs to be filled. The U.S. as a nation has left what we should be and allowed things to get a foothold here and corrupt us.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't know about fall, but I don't think we'll be number one anymore. We've become a rogue nation, and will morph into a shell of our former selves. I feel bad for our kids. The USA is going downhill fast, that's quite a legacy we leave.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Falling a country like this can be both easy and difficult/complicated at the same time.

I think it's really a combination of clutter, clog, and neglect that will ultimately sink us (or bring radical change). We have a system that has so many laws, judgements, taxes, subsidies, entitlements, debt, trade dependancies, etc that we might just fall under our own weight.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Now clarification of the definition to "fall" is in order. We won't be over run by the Huns. Although, a number 1 slot in one category breeds a desire to be #1 overall. We are currently the worlds #2 Economic SuperPower behind the EU. China is #3. (Homework assignment: tace the parent tree on some of your favorite companies that you patronize; most go back to a EU parent) War could break out, and will, over the simple lions-on-the-Savannah-scenario of fighting over the last carcass ( energy & natural resources ).
The wars to come will be much much more genocidal in nature: fights over a finite resource means making sure your opponent has zero acces to it.
Of course, it can be headed off, but that requires an "Age of Enlightenment" that we're years away from expereincing, barring recounts, impeachments or assassinations.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't believe America will fall any time soon. Our system of government is porbably the most secure in the world. That is not to say that our strength among the world as the lone superpower will not be challenged or surpassed. Militarily, there is not a country that can challenge us conventionally. We may lose oversees battles like we did in Vietnam, but our ability to defend ourselves and most of our allies will remain intact. Terrorism is the biggest threat, but I do not believe that would cause America to fall. If anything, I believe times like those cause America to become stronger. As far as the deficit goes, as long as America's GDP continues to grow and goods are being bought, America will thrive as an economic power. China, even with it's exponential growth, has yet to prove itself as a power when it comes to producing it's own goods for export. They are mainly American products. It's military, though strong, is not very deployable, I imagine for every 1 million troops they may be able to deploy 200,000 at most.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In 10 years time, America will not be the leading superpower. The signs have been there for a long time and America is slowly starting to decline now, the war on terrorism is really putting the nails in the coffin. The next major war will be the fall of the states, then commie China will be leading the world.....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
All empires eventually fall. However, like many people have said so far, I agree that we will change, not fall completely. Its been predicted that China and India will overtake the rest of the world in terms of economic power in the next 20 years, and it seems the way things are currently going the US will be taking a place in he background, at least for awhile until it gets its act together.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
for my religious views... if we stop supporting Isreal, we'll die.
if we stop supporting Isreal, and even curse them, we'll go to hell, the US will.

but besides that, I dont think the US shall fall while were still supporting Isreal, but I got a feeling the US is gonna mae some big enemies and is gonna crush to the knees of countries they keep ticking off, like all of Europe to name a few.

Blow everyone up that the US thinks is "bad", unite the world like the days of Rome and the US may just last a little longer... but I dont think that'll work. dang.

China wont become no world power at all- China is a dump, and China shall remain a dump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join