It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry AR-15 (video) So sad...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is a difference between open carry in a setting where one is expected to carry a semi automatic weapon and then there's the urban streets where you have absolutely no reason to carry one. In my opinion, it is idiots like these who make gun owners look absolutely insane.

It's hard to make a step forward when things like this put us two steps back...

The situation was handled exceptionally well by the police, kudos.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I bet the guy was peed off the police acted accordingly, he was sure hoping for something else.
Like they said the responded to two calls from the public. Well done cops on this one

edit on 31-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What a total attention seeking di*k head he was!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I agree…he’s being a provocative douche. I thought the cops handled this good (I’m about half way through). It’s really no different than the border checkpoint videos.

Maybe this douche’s actions do help raise awareness about our rights but, like the cops said, he’s just looking for attention. The law prevailed and the douche was set free to post on YouTube!

S&F

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have no idea why this guy thought this was ok to do, I understand his right to keep and bear arms. But this wasn't necessary. This type of thing could have gone a lot further then intended, leading to him being shot or killed.

You have a right to have your guns and display them. But given the current situation with gun laws.. this was not the most well thought out "protest".
edit on 7/31/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Dumb guy, professional police. If this dumb guy had tried this in one of the many police-state cities around the country, this could have turned into a totally different scenario, up to and including the death of this dumb guy. People have been killed for far less by the police.

The police were very polite, professional, and handled the situation well.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What lecture. The police just wanted him to get the point, that he is oblivious to, that is he is alarming some people. Most normal gun owners try not to do that.

While he walks around the city with his rifle, I suspect the police are the least of his worries. That a nice prize for some bad guy to take away from him.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
lol the guy is just a public troll looking for attention. I bet he got really excited when the police showed up. That's probably exactly what he wanted.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here is a question I thought about after watching:

Do the police have the right to identify someone carrying a firearm so assure they are not a felon and prohibited? Is that considered illegal profiling? If so, seems any felon could do the same and move on.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Do the police have the right to identify someone carrying a firearm so assure they are not a felon and prohibited? Is that considered illegal profiling? If so, seems any felon could do the same and move on.

It would make sense but if someone puts up a stink I don't think they ask for ID unless the person is breaking law.

LET ME SEE YOUR PAPERS!

That doesn't fly....if you know your rights.

edit on 31-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yea, I thought I might go against rights. That seems to be the way the officers there handled it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

I was wondering the exact same thing.
edit on 31-7-2013 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

They should've beat his ass !

The stupid kid obviously has no idea what it feels like to be shot.
But walk'n around like that he'll find out faster than anyone with
who isn't armed.
Any citizen could justify step'n out there front door and gun'n him
down. Just out of paranoia. Cops just played that one smart.
edit on 31-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
it works both ways. i mean the dude shouldnt be walking around with a rifle. it isnt needed now a days. but if thats really what it takes for you to feelsafe then do it. or buy a handgun n kept it out of sight. youre attracting the things you try to avoid by doing things like this

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Reminds me of this somewhat.

When you have a rifle, people think you're tuff.

When people think you're tuff ? People want to see, how tuff ?

edit on 31-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I will say this, if you feel the need to walk around in circles in the public with a gun or rifle on you where it isn't necessary to cause attention to yourself then you need a mental evaluation.

Bad apples makes the good apples rot.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Pretty sure the guy in the vid I'm linking is the same guy (actually never mind, but I can still hear the Aspergers). The cop in my vid makes him look like a complete jackass, which he is. Never mind AGAIN, same guy. What a douche bag.

Doing every gun owner a disservice with this BS.

I love my AR, but if I saw this idiot I would call the cops too.

I love when he tries to get cocky and asks if he's being detained and the cop just goes 'Yes'. This cop was awesome.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Out there try'n to provoke contact with the police.

I knew we had our idiots in america but holy idiocracy.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Another decent cop, those guys though....they are going to get themselves shot by someone.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah, I recognized his voice from other vids too. Isn't he some law student that's constantly making an ass of himself by walking the line of "what's lawful" and "what's obnoxious"?

His rationale is "it isn't illegal, so it's okay." Well walking around screaming the N-word isn't illegal either, but guess what both things have in common? Doing them in the wrong place at the wrong time will get you killed. All it takes is some whack job who thinks he's doing the community a favor by stopping a crime before it happens, and this guy is toast. Not everyone would call 911. Some may choose to take matters into their own hands and plead "stand your ground" afterwards.

It's actually a relief to see a cop in a positive light for a change.

edit on 31-7-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join