It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL Iraqi Feild Update 5/16/2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Several weeks have elapsed since the end of hostilities and people continue to dig in search of their loved ones. The horror of the past is beginning to surface in the form of mass graves which continue to be uncovered throughout the country. In the latest discovery in the town of al-Mahawil, near al-Hilla, Iraqis have dug up some 3,000 bodies from a site that is said to contain up to 15,000 "disappeared" people. All are believed to have been arrested and summarily executed in the aftermath of the 1991 uprising.

Rest of link....

Library

Note at bottom of this article several other links which are related to the topic, its worth the read.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Amnesty International is just a cover for the CIA! You see... Saddam was a saint and tried to protect all poeple in Iraq. Unfortunately EVIL American CIA agents kept sneaking into the country and executing innocent civilians for no reason and burying them where they fell.
This is just more proof that all americans are blood thirsty mass murderers and just want to take over the world so they can kill out in the open instead of having to use clandestine means.
Now that the EVIL ones have removed dear Saddam they are rampaging through the streets killing everyone in sight but no one sees it because they control all of the worlds media.
Don't believe anything Amnesty says! Don't believe anything the EVIL Americans say! Don't believe ANYTHING! America truly IS the great SATAN!!!!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

For many years Amnesty International has been gathering data on the "disappeared" in Iraq by interviewing or receiving information from relatives and others, often about people who had been arrested as far back as 1980. But for the first time ever Amnesty International has been able to interview and collect testimonies from victims or relatives of victims inside Iraq, something that was unthinkable under the previous government. Since 23 April Amnesty International delegates have conducted numerous interviews with victims of human rights violations by the previous government and visited sites of mass graves in the Basra area. This is a summary of some of the testimonies:

Based upon this paragraph it seems clear that a cover up has occured, those who argued against the US going into Iraq should have been aware of this. That so much effort is being placed in respect to trivializing this issue (by certain factions related and supporting the UN) one can only wonder why the UN ignored this matter with respect to justification for going into Iraq.

FRY if the US was the Devil American cars would be running on corn and the death toll from starvation
World wide would probably count you.

If you read through the reports one of the things you will find is that the Iraqi people are reporting 200,000 missing in the last 10 years, the CIA is simply not capable of that but as far as covering it up the UN is.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry I didn't mean to trivialize your post. It was meant as sarcasm

I'm in full agreement with you.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I too think Saddam was (and still is) a madman that should never have been allowed to stay in power. My question is why now? Why not in the 80's when Iran had him on the ropes? Why not in 92 when the first Bush had him on the ropes? If this is about WMD, oh wait, none found, if this was about liberation from a dictator why not other countries in South America and Africa living under the same fate without our intervention? The US leaves Mugabe alone but we MUST remove Saddam, fore he is a tyrant to his people! I agree that he should have been removed, I just want to hear the marching pro-war masses explain why liberation is not important to give to other people?

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by observer]

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I had that feeling fry2 but you gave me an opportunity to say something and took advantage of it.

Observer Saddam seems clearly to have been the biggest bully on the block. I agree that liberation is important to give to other people who are in the same situation but attacking them all at once would stretch us kind of thin.

AS far as why now well in the 80s a certain country known as the Soviet Union was in the processor changing to what is today called the Russian Republic.

As far as I know the big concern is that going into Iraq with the idea of taking over could have adversely affected the process, which resulted in what is today
the Russian Republic. In this respect what could have gone wrong could have resulted in a world war as far as today, well as it is obvious that will not happen.

Dealing with Iraq does affect what is happening in Africa just like dealing with Cuba will have an effect upon what is going on in South America.

new topics

top topics

join