It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flying Coffin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This thread is about the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

First, some symbolism, since you all love that as much as I do. Back in the 1990s', Ophiuchus, all of a sudden, became a part of the zodiac. This thirteenth constellation has been determined to prevail from November 29 to December 17, give or take a day or two on either side. Ophiuchus has, within it, a grouping of stars called (the) Coffin.

On my, strictly analog, hand-held and hand workable, star chart from 1992 which I purchased at Mt. Palomar, neither Ophiuchus nor (the) Coffin come close to the ecliptic but times change so moving on...

Oh...b/4 moving on: the graphic symbolism here is a coffin in the sky touching our ecliptic.

Further symbolism: in the early 2000s' I was called to jury duty in Northridge. Knowing that there would be a lot of sitting around, I purchased a book to pass the time. I had discovered early on in my life that the choice of book to pass time, for me, was, always, intimately tied to the occasion that the book was purchased for. In other words, the almost subconscious choice of reading material furthered the understanding of the current situation. I chose a book of stories about the aged and decrepit Knights Templar.

I never got to finish all the stories of the book until some years later while in a wilderness area of northern N.M. One of these last stories had a person who, loosely quoted, said, "...I don't have to see what's coming down the road in order to know what's coming; I just have to see the road."

I thought, well, I can do that and I'm going to do it with clouds. I looked up. There, in atmospheric display, was a jet airline disaster. I prayed to save the people; to get them through without harming a hair on their heads. That very morning there was a landing disaster in Quebec or some city like that. All passengers and crew were delivered unharmed. If this means something to you or not is actually irrelevant to this thread. Seeming miracles are all, eventually, understandably explained.

This ends the symbolism portion of my thread.

In this day and age we almost have a 2-sided coin that is really just one side. Both bad. The technology has so out-paced the safety considerations of an individual human life that while we should know more and more, we are, in fact, told less and less about the exploding technologies that invade and surround us. WE ARE TOLD LESS AND LESS.

I won't bore you with salience and will only say that the Dreamliner is composed of 50% carbon and carbon nano and carbon nanotube composite by weight and 70% by volume. It is an experimental plane. It has been subject to spontaneous combustion (the inexplicable outburst of fire) while in the air and on the ground. The FAA allowed Boeing to, in essence, certify its' own experimental battery system. And it allowed Boeing, in essence, to re-certify after a 3 month grounding due to fires in this system. The source of the problem is still unknown while a casing to act as a fire extinguisher is all that has been done to solve it.

Copper wire weighs a lot compared to carbon composite. But this is too much information. A few links to round things out:

Boeing's 787 Dreamliner...How Composites And Carbon Fiber Are Used

Boeing 787 Dreamliner hits problems after launch

Truly...I would love someone to convince me that this ain't so. Left brain; right brain: I can deal with both. Tell me why I'm wrong. Do it through symbolism or prophecy or science. I'm open to all suggestion in order to allay my fears.

My final words: stay off this experimental plane.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've racked my brain for some more symbolism to add to this thread but all I can come up with are hard cold facts.

Boeing's Plastic Planes

Since today’s jet engines burn fuel at more or less the same rate, efficiency depends on reducing the weight of the plane, and “composite materials” (i.e., plastic) are an increasingly popular means to this end. Even though plastic has yet to achieve the same predictability and reliability as metal, the Dreamliner team opted to make greater use of plastic than ever before in an airliner, even employing it for the load-bearing joint that connects the wings to the fuselage, which bears more stress than any other part of the plane. Sure enough, in final static tests, the wing failed and had to be stiffened, at great cost. Boeing’s risky choice prompted one aerospace structural engineer to remark, “Friends don’t let friends fly in plastic airplanes.”

Boeing also made the copper wire that distributes power around a plane, another major contributor to overall weight, as thin as possible. The thinner the wire, however, the higher the voltage at which current must flow along it. As a result, the 787 is laced with miles of ultrathin copper wire, bearing current that runs at 230 volts AC and 270 volts DC, which would require only a scratch in the insulation to spark a fire (a likely cause of the Heathrow blaze). A fire is especially bad news in a plastic plane, since not only do the flames cause far more damage (the design-temperature limits of composite materials are half those of aluminum), but the fumes are highly toxic to passengers.

Boeing Knew About the 787 Dreamliner's Battery Problems Before It Caught Fire

Why Is Boeing's 787 Dreamliner Such A Piece of Crap?

Amazing new plane keeps catching on fire. Here are the questions you've been asking and the answers you need.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The project was behind schedule and getting expensive. Overseas manufacturers were not delivering on time, at cost, and as designed. Boeing chose to eliminate expenses by cutting corners and trying to get rid of Union workers. (Why do you think Boeing wanted to go to South Carolina. Bottom lineism at its best. By now, a rationale person would understand the old Soviet worker motto; they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work.) The glad handers and picture painters were brought in. Figuring the amount Boeing will have to pay every Air Line, that had to ground the 787, and will in the future. Boeing is never going to turn a profit. Even Boeing employees have doubts about the safety of the 787. See what you get, when you turn Government Services and Enforcement over to private companies. Slip-slide into a hole. While Corporations get richer.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandyjack
The project was behind schedule and getting expensive. Overseas manufacturers were not delivering on time, at cost, and as designed. Boeing chose to eliminate expenses by cutting corners and trying to get rid of Union workers. (Why do you think Boeing wanted to go to South Carolina. Bottom lineism at its best. By now, a rationale person would understand the old Soviet worker motto; they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work.) The glad handers and picture painters were brought in. Figuring the amount Boeing will have to pay every Air Line, that had to ground the 787, and will in the future. Boeing is never going to turn a profit. Even Boeing employees have doubts about the safety of the 787. See what you get, when you turn Government Services and Enforcement over to private companies. Slip-slide into a hole. While Corporations get richer.

Yes...I had read about the wholesale outsourcing and the major structure change within the company. Seems like they lost 100's of cummulative years of experience and knowledge. Some engineers were quite vocal on the internet regarding the safety of this craft.

After they let the things go back up without ever finding out what the problem with the batteries was - I felt it was time to talk about it some more.

Thankyou for your contribution.

top topics

join