It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning found not guilty on "Aiding the enemy".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

there all spying on me,,,,"does that mean whistle blowing is espionage? ",,, isnt thier a Mental Illness,,?and really wasn't that Nixons, final straw?,,,,,

really there all spy's!

ohh oh.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
reply to post by jhn7537

Uh what?

I'm sorry I can't make up for your lack of historical knowledge...

edit on 30-7-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by BobAthome

Nobody has ever said war and conflicts are pretty or fair.

pretty,,too some,,fair,, too some as well.,,ok ill say it

Napoleon,,,"ohh too hear the rythem of the cannon, the symphony of Victory,,
Connan,,,too hear the Lamentations of the women,,etc,,,
MaCarthur,,,,"I will return",,,

Nobody has ever said war and conflicts are pretty or fair. ,,your right,,,it is a Beast.fickle.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Manning was convicted of five espionage counts, five theft charges, a computer fraud charge and other military infractions. He faces 128 years in prison for those convictions

link

He is guilty of espionage. 128 years in the hole is way over a life sentence, there is no victory for him here.

The only reason he got off the aiding the enemy charge is that he didn't hand it over directly to Al Qaida.

Since evidence was admitted in the trial that Bin Laden had in his possession some of his espionage reports, the enemy did get them, through wiki leaks. All that is needed for the future is to legally nail down wiki leaks as the enemy and future traitors will get the full bar tab.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

Orders are orders don't want to follow them then join a mercenary group and not the U.S military.

I'm sure that soldiers in Hitler's army were told the same thing when questioning their actions.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Then this has implication for the Boston Bomber Trial,,ie: bomb magazine schematics,,,can military jurispudence be transfered to Civil/Fed Court?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well if the American colonist followed the British orders then i guess we wold be Brits. Better?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

reply to post by jhn7537

Orders are orders don't want to follow them then join a mercenary group and not the U.S military.

I'm sure that soldiers in Hitler's army were told the same thing when questioning their actions.

Yes, Not really an acceptable state of mind any longer.

Superior orders (often known as the Nuremberg defense or lawful orders) is a plea in a court of law that a soldier not be held guilty for actions which were ordered by a superior office

The Nuremberg Trials

It was during these trials, under the London Charter of the International Military Tribunal which set them up, that the defense of superior orders was no longer considered enough to escape punishment; but merely enough to lessen punishment.

A reasonable person is to know they are doing wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Then this has implication for the Boston Bomber Trial,,ie: bomb magazine schematics,,,can military jurispudence be transfered to Civil/Fed Court?

Not the same animal whatsoever.
Manning was a member of US military. Boston bomber wasn't.

Perhaps start a thread on what the Boston bomber may be designated as, it has nothing to do in this thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

I count 71 years bare minimum the judge can give him according to your chart.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Wyrdnews

"are so brainwashed that they can't see what they are doing is wrong.",,but if your Government sanctions it,,ie:Commander in Chief,, then it is not wrong.
Thats why Congress had too declare an Act of War,,,on terroists.
signed,sealed,and approved.

So where does it stop?

The idea of declaring war on a philosophy or world view is simply ridiculous. Its like declaring war on vegetarians or people who don't like Dogs. Its impossible to declare war on it, and actually creates more wars because war will force civilians in occupied countries to become resentful and angry. Its a no-brainer.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

So if someone signs up to the military with good intentions and his honour.

And in the feild he is told to massacre a village like Mai Lai and thats ok is it?
You should have to follow immoral and illegal orders no matter right? What attitude makes you no better than the SS death squards.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I would be willing to be that every person here that sees Snowden or Manning as not a criminal has never had a security clearance.

Their is a big difference between choosing a noble course of actions based on personal convictions and breaking the law. Both Snowden and Manning broke the law and their is no disputing that. What is up for debate I think is what the punishment should be for those crimes. Additionally the same sentencing guidelines need to be applied to them as they would any other cleared person.

As much as the Govt is hypocritical I find it to be just as bad when people here say , "oh just turn a blind eye to the laws they broke because the Govt is bad," . That is how the Govt got to the horrible point it is at now, by turning a blind eye to infractions and crimes.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Its not ever right to follow unjust laws. That's what the whole point of the American Constitution is meant to be about. Its what I thought the UK's Bill of Rights was about too, to be fair...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If what Bradley Manning did was espionage, does that mean whistle blowing is espionage? Is that how this government views us?

Thats how the government would like to present it, anyway. According to the definition of Espionage a country or company hires spies to infiltrate another country or company to obtain secrets. Manning was not working for anyone else, and he did not purposely infiltrate the Army just to steal secrets.

Of course the US government lies and steals all the time. So now they can hold the high moral ground and punish little Manning for the very same thing.

Espionage

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyrdnews
reply to post by opethPA

Its not ever right to follow unjust laws. That's what the whole point of the American Constitution is meant to be about. Its what I thought the UK's Bill of Rights was about too, to be fair...

Exactly.

There are bigger laws out there.

When it comes to obeying a small law on secrecy and classified material or obeying a law on murder or mass corruption ect The major breach or law trumps the minor one.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Excellent news! I'm really happy for him. What message does this send to the politicians wanting Snowden burnt at the stake?

If this keeps up, I might start believing that the 'awake' are actually awake and active. Please, let it be so.
edit on 30/7/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

"There are bigger laws out there. ",, im gonna say the Const. is Trump Card here.
Which brings up the point of that other MILITARY TRIAL.
u know the MUSLime lime green the color of Islam,,
ya the guy who say's that American Law does not apply to him.???

Anyone in Military know what im talking about?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Can anybody tell me what this punk did that was positive for this country?

How about you explain to us how he aided the enemy. Not a single person online has been able to successfully and intelligently explain this. On the contrary-- most don't even try-- instead favoring baseless accusations such as yours.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join