It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is a better country to live in....Canada or the USA?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

Originally posted by TFCJay
If any of my American friends are ever considering moving to Canada my only advice to you is stay the *%#@ out of Manitoba. The capitol, Winnipeg, is an absolute crime ridden, cesspool... as a matter of fact the entire province is a crime ridden dump. No health care, high taxes, crime, poor infrastructure, and the NDP - aka speNDP. This place SUCKS.

If you moved to canada the best places are probably:
Toronto
Vancouver
Victoria
Kelowna
Vernon

Say away from the prarries.

You forgot MONCTON!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by TFCJay
If any of my American friends are ever considering moving to Canada my only advice to you is stay the *%#@ out of Manitoba. The capitol, Winnipeg, is an absolute crime ridden, cesspool... as a matter of fact the entire province is a crime ridden dump. No health care, high taxes, crime, poor infrastructure, and the NDP - aka speNDP. This place SUCKS.

If you moved to canada the best places are probably:
Toronto
Vancouver
Victoria
Kelowna
Vernon

Say away from the prarries.

Kelowna has the highest crime rate in the country right now.

I live in Vancouver and while it's fine for me people are still dying here and there.

Winnipeg - Murder capitol of Canada 5 years in a row. We will take it again this year. This place is called Detroit North for a reason.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Universal healthcare my Butt! I pay seventy dollars a month for mine as do all the others I know in my province. It's not a big chunk I admit but the rest of my pot is taxed when I earn it, taxed again when I spend it and don't even get me started on all the hidden taxes and levy's. If I were to drive over the new freaking bridge they just built to get to work....That would be another ninety bucks a month!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by spartacus699

Canada:

Canada's taxes are INSANE.

The price of EVERYTHING is MUCH higher in Canada.

Theres nowhere in Canada thats warm all year around.

US:

The US is run by morally bankrupt scum bags who take pleasure in groveling at the feet of banksters, the "Federal Reserve" and the Military Industrial Complex.

Verdict:

The BOTH have plenty of SUCK to go around.

edit on 29-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Taxes might be insane, but we make more money per household.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

I never had any problems in Trashcona!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I pay that also.. How much does it cost to have a baby in an hospital in CN? 0$. US.. $3000-$10000 from what I gather.

How about paid maternity leave? I think US you get maybe 2 weeks paid... CN 52 weeks @ 60%.
edit on 29-7-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yeah I've heard that the areas surrounding the Tar Sands quite resemble the Wild West in terms of lawlessness and general danger involved in living/working there. According to my father, if you work out there, you're almost expected to be packing if you want to live for long. They find bodies in the dumps out there on a weekly basis. Just goes to show that you should not be fooled by external reputations of countries, as even a supposedly "nice" country like Canada has areas where you generally don't want to go, like the Tar Sands or Surrey, BC. Scarborough (part of Toronto) also seems like quite the dump to me to be quite honest, so I'll stick with Durham Region. There are some amazing places to live in Northern Ontario, like Bancroft, as well Northern Quebec, like Gaspe, but you have to be able to brave the winters if you want to venture up there. Failing that, I'd say the best place to live in all of Canada would have to be PEI or New Brunswick. Both have a very Gaelic vibe to them (ie. Reminiscent of Ireland/Scotland).

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, Canada was one of the places husband and I wanted to relocate to. Easy enough it's in our distance range, right, for an easy move? Found it's still a big process even thought he is part French Canadian. There's the citizenship, learning history, French, etc., as abiding by their rules to become one, likely in most all similar cases. Also, such as the expenses are much more than were we are now across the boarder in the US, as are political policies on protection for example, less in our favoring. I had chosen a place over BC but appears they have disaster issues such as flooding. My current location does not, yielding a safer environment disaster hazard wise.

Overall, if you're idea or questioning or wanting to get away from NWO plans, SHTF, etc. consider; Canada and other first world countries are too close to the US, Canada especially in location, and others in policy and ties. Also that, you might have better protection being in the belly of the beast; keep your friends close, your enemies even closer.

On the other side: I found that more Canadians are leaving the country than people coming into the country. That leaves for job opportunities. In conclusion it really depends on what you are looking for.
edit on 29-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Ergo...Getting taxed up the yin yang should come as no surprise

I have to laugh at American culture sometimes though. You pay ten grand to get into the game and just as much to get out

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

We both suffer from corrupt governments

Point me out a country without a corrupt government, and ill move to my new home.

But really, was this OP intended to start a flame fest? I'm surprised everyone has been this civil so far!

edit on 29-7-2013 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Only in Canada just in case you miss it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Need I say more

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

only monks and punks come from moncton, n you don't have it snipped so that kinda narrows it down now doesn't it!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Universal healthcare my Butt! I pay seventy dollars a month for mine as do all the others I know in my province. It's not a big chunk I admit but the rest of my pot is taxed when I earn it, taxed again when I spend it and don't even get me started on all the hidden taxes and levy's. If I were to drive over the new freaking bridge they just built to get to work....That would be another ninety bucks a month!

Well I guarantee you'll live longer not going to the dr than going that's for sure!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

The tar sands are quite safe I assure you. I live in Edmonton, and there's no lawlessness up there at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Point me out a country without a corrupt government, and ill move to my new home.

But really, was this OP intended to start a flame fest? I'm surprised everyone has been this civil so far!

switzerland

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I do love America. Love Americans, love visiting, love vacationing...

But to live ?

Yep.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by TFCJay

only monks and punks come from moncton, n you don't have it snipped so that kinda narrows it down now doesn't it!

I am guessing you have never left Edmonton after reading some of your posts.

And if you ever have left Edmonton you have gained nothing in your travels.
edit on 30-7-2013 by TFCJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

switzerland

Bull. There's not one on the planet that is not corrupt in one form or another. And I'd rather live on the prairies you so love to avoid than Edmonton. Much cheaper here. The only thing i envy you for is the mountains as i'm an avid snowboarder.
edit on 30-7-2013 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
"Canada.. Living the American dream without the violence since 1867"

you won't go to prison if they find an ounce of marijuana on you.

You won't go to prison even if they find 50 lb of weed on you. Lmao

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Depends on what a person wants ...

CANADA -
NHL, good beer, great mountains, more room to spread out. Cooler weather. (which I like). More wild critters to see.
Expensive. Not as good TV. Lousy weather channel. Tougher gun laws (I hear), 'French Canadians' (snooty bunch)

USA -
NHL, lots to see and do, great mountains and beaches. Less expensive. better gun laws.
good places are crowded. more pollution. crime rate higher.

I like the upper North East part of the USA. (Maine, New Hampshire)
I've visited Canada but haven't lived there.
It's probably too expensive for me to live there anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join