It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They May Look Like Us.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just a theory. My belief is that over time, most warm blooded, mammalian creatures will evolve to look like us. By that I mean bi-pedal, upright, two forward facing eyes, ears to the sides etc... I'm writing this because someone said that other space beings probably don't look like us. There is ample evidence of several races of star beings that are 99% human in appearance. They most likely share a large part of our genome.
edit on 29-7-2013 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
Just a theory. My belief is that over time, most warm blooded, mamilian creatures will evolve to look like us. By that I mean bipedal upright two forward facing eyes etc... I'm writing this because someone said that other space beings probably don't look like us. There is ample evidence of several races of star beings that are 99% human in appearance. They most likly share a large part of our genome.

The demons only appear as the greys to trick us into thinking they have some similarity to humans to make us more curious about them since they seem to have 2 arms 2 legs 2 eyes, nose, mouth ears head feet hands etc. That makes the average person more curious. But it's just a demon and most demons are really powerless and pathetic in all honesty.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This premise would assume their planet of origin has the same chemical makeup as ours,
which from what we can tell about our own Solar system seems highly unlikely as they all vary from the next.

That's not to say the possibility of Earth like planets doesn't exist,
but the chances of them being even remotely comparable are slim due to the million variables.

Not only would the planets have to assume the same path,
the biological entities preceding the Human species would need to be exact.

Essentially the DNA implanted into all living life forms would need to be a universal constant,
and not just an Earth-based phenomena.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't think the Greys are demons. They are organic and possibly mechanical in nature. There are so many variations to the appearance of the "greys". From the information i've learned, they've lost there ability to feel emotions. They try to study us to learn how to reintergrate emotions/feelings into there existence. Without it there survival is not certain. We will look like them in time, if we don't change our ways.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Those from the Vega system, Nordics and Lyrans look like us.
We are the new species being that they have existed for millions of years prior.
Those from the Sirus system may resemble us as well. They are the ones rumored to have created us "in their image" according to Genesis.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why do people state that they should, or would look like us? Because we evolved to suit our environment??

Well that's true, but there may be no place in the universe that harbors a planet like Earth.

These Planets may be so different, that whatever has evolved there would be shaped like something from our wildest dreams.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

The more and more our technology advances, the more we are blending the organic with inorganic. We are creating AI so computers can be more like us, and we are implanting computers inside of us to become more like computers.

When AI's begin to outpace us, the the things we will have is our ability to feel emotions and create art. These two concepts will seem as alien to the machines as their computer languages seem to us. In the end, they might need us just as we rely on them.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

Just a theory. My belief is that over time, most warm blooded, mamilian creatures will evolve to look like us. By that I mean bipedal upright two forward facing eyes etc... I'm writing this because someone said that other space beings probably don't look like us. There is ample evidence of several races of star beings that are 99% human in appearance. They most likly share a large part of our genome.

The demons only appear as the greys to trick us into thinking they have some similarity to humans to make us more curious about them since they seem to have 2 arms 2 legs 2 eyes, nose, mouth ears head feet hands etc. That makes the average person more curious. But it's just a demon and most demons are really powerless and pathetic in all honesty.

At least state this in the context of opinion and not fact

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Why do people state that they should, or would look like us? Because we evolved to suit our environment??

Well that's true, but there may be no place in the universe that harbors a planet like Earth.

These Planets may be so different, that whatever has evolved there would be shaped like something from our wildest dreams.

Maybe because 90% of ETs are reported as humanoid? lol
edit on 29-7-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The chances are that they will be planets out there that house civilizations that look like the teletubbies... complete with tv sets in there stomach's! I bet the BBC has already found them and they are entertaining children on earth as we speak.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here's hoping that somewhere in this vast universe there isn't a species that resembles Rosie O'Donnell.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Evolution isn't some goalistic challenge to become more human or human like, or some progressive path leading to bipedal locomotion, tool using hands, and a big self contemplating brain.

Look at dolphins and whales for instance.
They once looked somewhat similar to wolves or great cats. They were a predatory animal related to pigs, hippos, and camels. They're also mammals.

They adapted to an aquatic life, obviously, where their fore legs became pectoral fins, with no fingers, and their hind legs withered away over preference for a tail.

You may desire to familiarize yourself with how evolution works. It's a function of adaptability and the environment. An animal adapts to its environmental niche through a process of natural selection.
Some birds, for instance may select for eating insects, while others may select for nuts and berries. Hummingbirds, for instance, specialized in the nectar of flowers. Other birds may select for eating other birds. This is often reflected in the body design.

Edit: As far as Intelligent technological species that might develop on other planets, it's fairly certain development of advanced technologies would require a body plan that could dexterously manipulate tools, as well as house and feed a big enough brain to think about it all.
This doesn't necessarily require a humanoid body plan. Saying so is thinking too much in human terms.

There is, for instance evidence of a prehistoric encephalopod making art.
Prehistoric Kraken may have made self portraits ...

There may very well be other more efficient body plans for locomotion and development of advanced technologies.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Highly unlikely , there are probably millions of Earths in our Galaxy alone .

I agree with the OP to a point in that space fairing aliens will probably be bipedal and have digits rather hooves or claws , obviously there will be variations to suit local conditions but a symmetrical biped is evolution's ultimate achievement , although I don't believe all Earth like planets will necessarily have humanoids .

There is ample evidence of several races of star beings that are 99% human in appearance.

If there is I haven't seen it , I've seen stories but no evidence .

edit on 29-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You say that there are possibly millions of Earths, again I disagree. The sheer amount of possible different combinations is enormous.

The exact distance to the sun, the type of sun, the size of the planet, the composition of the planet, etc, etc.

Just look at our own solar system, not one planet is similar, each with it's own distinctive features, and this is the same solar system. What other possible combinations exist. The answer is almost an infinite possibility. You think of it it probably exists somewhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by gortex

You say that there are possibly millions of Earths, again I disagree. The sheer amount of possible different combinations is enormous.

The exact distance to the sun, the type of sun, the size of the planet, the composition of the planet, etc, etc.

Just look at our own solar system, not one planet is similar, each with it's own distinctive features, and this is the same solar system. What other possible combinations exist. The answer is almost an infinite possibility. You think of it it probably exists somewhere.

You should never disagree with infinite possibility.

We know NOTHING of 'evolution'.
We're still missing a 'link'...
Maybe because that link wasn't there to begin with?

Our particular civilizations has been around what? 300/400 years?
How old's the universe?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

Even if I were the type to think demons were evil, I still know your theory is crap. You know why? Because if they really wanted to fool us, they'd all look like hot chicks and Brad Pitt.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Just look at our own solar system, not one planet is similar,

Venus and Mars were similar to Earth in their past with atmosphere's and an abundance of water .
Venus is the twin of the Earth in its size and mass , it likely hosted early life before it had its cataclysm so that's at least two Earths in our Solar System , other systems may have more Earths some will have none but there will be many out there .

Another intriguing thing about early Venus is that it may have had an oxygen-rich atmosphere. You had this massive loss of hydrogen to space from water, and what's left is all that oxygen. We've heard a lot about the rise of oxygen being important in the development of complex life on Earth.
Perhaps Venus was a warm, wet planet with an oxygenated atmosphere much earlier than Earth. The problem in thinking about the habitability of Venus is that, in the conventional view, the water didn't last long. But if the water lasted for billions of years, that becomes much more interesting for the possibility of biological development.

Earth is going to lose its oceans in the future, just as Venus did in the past. How long planets retain their oceans is a function of distance from the sun, all other things being equal. But clouds may allow planets to hold onto their oceans at closer distances to the sun than has been conventionally thought.
www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The key words in your quote being, MAY and PERHAPS.

It's all speculation, the truth is that no one knows what Venus was like.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We come from their DNA and of course some of them look very similar or even identical to us, though some are much taller. And yet there are different types of species as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

There is ample evidence of several races of star beings that are 99% human in appearance.

I have a bit of a problem with this statement. I don't know of any evidence, and definitely not "ample" evidence, for any race of "star beings".

Lots of stories...but that is about it...just stories. Stories are not evidence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join