It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promise to Not Execute Snowden Exposes America's Twisted Moral Compass

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Anyone miss Bush yet?

Why would you miss something that never left?

This idea that these presidents are "different" at this point of our country's existence is ludicrous.

I know that both Bush and Obama are Progressives.

Just making a funny really.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I think you are spot on. But i guess we have known that for years... ?

Here is Bill Hicks with his twist on things...

Peace
edit on 29/7/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Vladimir Putin will laugh at holders pleads.

He doesn't care. Holder: "We won't torture or kill Snowden"

I'm sorry but locking someone up for 24 hrs a day in Solitary Confinement IS torture.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

so you are in favour of the UN being able to tell eth US what to do.....??

Not exactly, AtG, no. I'm in favor of the global community being able to "tell" the US Administration how they OUGHT to behave. It's different.

I feel, at this point, that the US Administration is a shameful thing....and the rest of the world can see what it is.

Why do you ask? The U.N. is, as far as I know (which ain't far) the only global 'peacemaker' org that exists.

What is your solution then????

edit on 29-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i see the op has been brainwashed to believe that the UN should be able to tell countries what to do.....

each nation should take care of its own problems.

As for the content pertaining to snowden.

If they have to say he will not be tortured or sentenced to death.. that leads me to believe that torture and death is common practice for the USA in these types of matters.

I just find it funny how it says this to russia.. russia.. really?? has the world been flipped around??

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

i see the op has been brainwashed to believe that the UN should be able to tell countries what to do....

Really? Nope. Not 'brainwashed.'

Just grasping at ways to make things better.
I don't know what the UN can do, except point out the truth.

each nation should take care of its own problems.

Totally in agreement with you there, hoss.

edit on 29-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

well you right away thought of the UN to be able to tell nations what they should be doing.. that kinda is putting the UN in a power position over any nation not just the USA.

that is the kind of power the UN wants.. and eventually be able to govern the world.

you have been brain washed... the UN has been sold to people as a way to "Make things bettter"

they have done such a good job that many people do not even notice.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

OBAMA: KNOCK IT OFF

This goes way deeper than Obama. Sure he's guilty in all of this, but if any other president was in I seriously doubt the US government would be any better.

You've had problems with large agencies trampling on our rights and bending the rules to suit them since Nixon, Carter, Ford Regan. Bush snr, Clinton, Bush and now Obama. I'm sure it goes back even further.

It's easy to blame the figurehead and demand a new face, but it won't help solve the cause.

edit on 30/7/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The perception of what America is does not match the reality of what America is, and when perceptions are inaccurate, that means that it is more likely to make incorrect decisions.

In addition, at least some of the population is informed of the disparity between what the politicians say and what is really going on, as is the rest of the world, including the E.U., China, Russia, Hong Kong, and South America and the Middle East.

Who are going to be the future economic powerhouses? Well, South America for sure, and Russia, which is expanding into the arctic. The Middle East is (and I'm not joking about this) advancing technology at a rapid rate into sectors that Western governments are too arrogant to go into -

I know this from experience because it is a very friendly place to go when looking for business partners.

I think both Ecuador and Venezuela cancelled their trade pacts with the U.S., and why not? They will benefit from the independence and making trade pacts with other countries more.

The U.S. is going to try to be a bully without any pull, how sad. I guess I'm saying whenever there is potential energy (in this case it is the U.S. pretending to be human rights activists when their record is getting to be one of the worst, especially for a 1st world nation) it is pretty much always used up at some point.

People may be happy to believe everything they hear from the MSM and such, but there is always a line. With 4 out of 5 people in the U.S. in danger of poverty, are people going to listen when they hear the economy is awesome? No.

I mean, if congress tries to pass a bunch of laws to benefit corporations, and those laws are so far from reality as far as what is good for the people -

Those laws are going to lose legitimacy to the point where they will not only be unenforceable, but unenforced and laughed at by local authorities. People aren't going to change their behavior to impossible levels because of a law, the law is more likely to be discarded, or jail time regarded as no big deal, especially if the national leadership is regarded as illegitimate because it is not representing the people's best interests.
edit on 30-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Moral compass?

The fact that we elected someone like Obama twice should tell you all you need to know about our moral compass.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hey your avatar is that Zeta Jones OR is that really you

cause if it is you,................YIKES, too hot to look at.

As for Unites States Morality, well US agencies killed a democratically elected President Kennedy

So, what else do you want to know about USA LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm American, I'm Pro Snowden ..........
And the assurances he wont be tortured and ultimately suicide'd ...... surely have everyone confident that the US will treat him well. Yea Right, like JFK?
I guess we all forgot about Guantánamo Bay detainees and their acceptable level of tortures.... hmmm?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

The fact that we elected someone like Obama twice should tell you all you need to know about our moral compass.

Well, "we" believed what he was saying. TWICE. And HE betrayed us all.
Are you psychic, or what? You knew that he was lying? I did not. And I'm furious.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasaFermi

You see - you are a people who has turned from God, hence from Christ and towards the atheist philosophy of Marxism - and now you have have been condemned to your own treachery. The crimes of abortion - partial birth abortion and NOW post birth infanticide were enough to condemn you - enough to bring down God's wrath upon your apostate heads.

You know, it's people like you that inadvertently forced so many to vote for Obama even after they realized he sold his soul to corruption. Almost anything is better than anyone who would support your position.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
In a few months he will be wanting back in the good old US of A regardless of repercussions. Never believed his story because most if not all of the information he released is either a lie or common knowledge. It appears he is just playing a game of secret agent. After this is discovered, Mr. Snowden will find his place in Venezuela as a farm worker or prisoner.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Well, "we" believed what he was saying. TWICE. And HE betrayed us all.
Are you psychic, or what? You knew that he was lying? I did not. And I'm furious.

I certainly didn't 'know' he was lying but I strongly suspected it. Given his background, associations, and his "too good to be true" rhetoric, it was easy to conclude (at least to me). I mostly lean Libertarian so anyone or anything representing Progressivism/Totalitarianism is an adversary.

I didn't vote for him of course....nor did I vote for McCain. I've been accused of voting for Obama by proxy because of my support of 3rd Party candidates. Sorry, I don't buy it.....if more people would avoid falling into the left/right paradigm, we might have real change in this country. Until then, we and our children are destined to be slaves.
edit on 30-7-2013 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eManym

What are you talking about? Do you have sources that what he released were "lies"? This is the first time I've heard that. Senator Wyden even came out and admitted it, (along with Udall).

In any case, I don't think he'll be coming back, now that Manning had his day in court - what a disaster this government had created. It makes me sad.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AnyoneSeenJustice

I've often wondered if the JFK thing is, like in the Bill Hicks clip someone inserted, what new presidents find out AFTER they are elected. For that reason, I don't know WHO in their right mind would even want to be POTUS. I'm starting to wonder if the candidates are somehow blackmailed or forced into running -

(no, it's not Zeta-Jones, and it isn't me -- it's Sophie Marceau) Welcome to ATS...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You know, I think my problem is that I'm too gullible. Not naive, not stupid - just, trusting. I'm built that way - to give people the benefit of the doubt. In this case I was fooled. It's not the first time I've been fooled/shocked by sociopathic charmers. I would like to say it's the last.

But, OTOH, I don't want to mistrust ALL of society - even if that might be the better option. It's just too painful. What I'm discovering about myself over the last 5 years (since I've been out of the work force) is that I'm actually MUCH happier without engaging much in society.

My family, my pets, my few good friends, and solitude - are comforting. I'm not a "shy" person - I'm very good at making people laugh spontaneously (not so good at writing humor, unfortunately
) - and apparently very easy for strangers to talk to....it's just I don't have a need for tons of people around me.

I'm deeply concerned for my children's future. So far, they do are doing quite well, both in their early 20s, both gainfully employed and on their own......
but what I see happening to this country leaves me without any compass AT ALL - by which to help them prepare for whatever is going to happen. It's all backwards from what I was raised to believe was "normal." So, I'm stymied in the best way to guide them forward when the time comes and as things unravel.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The perception of what America is does not match the reality of what America is, and when perceptions are inaccurate, that means that it is more likely to make incorrect decisions.

In addition, at least some of the population is informed of the disparity between what the politicians say and what is really going on, as is the rest of the world, including the E.U., China, Russia, Hong Kong, and South America and the Middle East.

Your post is brilliant. I wish I could give you more stars and applause.

Like I said to wills120, I honestly feel completely incapable of feeling sure about anything anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join