It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promise to Not Execute Snowden Exposes America's Twisted Moral Compass

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Promise to Not Execute Snowden Exposes America's Twisted Moral Compass

The vow that the U.S. wouldn't torture or execute Snowden is a reminder to the world of how far Washington has strayed from civilized behavior......

Holder’s strange promise may have been designed to undercut Snowden’s bid for asylum, but it also reminded the world of America’s abysmal behavior on human rights. And, even if the United States promises not to torture someone, government lawyers have shown how they can play games with the definition of the term or just outright lie. Holder’s reputation for veracity is just a thin notch above that of National Intelligence Director James Clapper, who admits he has chosen to testify under oath to the “least untruthful” things.

Perhaps no one has told Holder how shockingly out of step with other civilized nations the U.S. finds itself on the issue of capital punishment. Just calling attention to that is a diplomatic gaffe of some proportion. The global trend toward abolition of the death penalty is unmistakable and increasing. The United States even is the outlier on this issue when compared to “brutal” Russia. In Russia, there has been a moratorium on executions since 1996, although it is still technically lawful.

Another excellent summary by alternet.org. The US looks like a "pitiful, helpless giant" (as Nixon once pontificated)....in this 'thrashing around' and ridiculous "pleading."

Holder’s high-profile push to get the Russians to hand over Snowden damages the United States in other ways, too, such as reminding the world how the U.S. government has violated the privacy rights of people everywhere, including in allied countries. There is a reasonable argument to be made that the smartest U.S. move would be to simply leave Snowden alone.

OMG, I am SO embarrassed by this stupid Administration!! Tomorrow we hear the 'verdict' on Manning's case...
which ALSO will reveal the lameness of this duck.

MR OBAMA:
PLEASE STOP THIS NONSENSE!!

Noam Chomsky recently made these remarks about the Obama Admin's policies:
Noam Chomsky: The State Fears Its Own People

This is a very brief video of his presentation at a recent press event:

"He's doing what every citizen OUGHT TO DO!!"

He uses the phrase the "Obama Terror Campaign", and just says it HOW IT IS. What the Obama crew is doing is TERROR, and creating MORE TERRORISTS.

"US policy is designed to INCREASE terror."
"The Special Forces Campaign is the most awesome international terror campaign.....all over the world."

"Drone campaign is creating potential terrorists..."

OBAMA: KNOCK IT OFF

"US is one of the leaders in refusing extradition"

What a bunch of morons. Ridiculous, embarrassing, a global laughing stock. Stupid.

FACEPALM

edit on 29-7-2013 by wildtimes because: Ack! Meant for the second ex-text to be a different one....sorry.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dude....most excellent thread......friggin idiots runnin' the place.....

What next......I suppose ....never mind, I wont go there....but I do need to count someone's teeth.....guess who....to see if he's an inbred ingrate s...flaggg

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Actually, the story is by Consortium News, and was released by alternet as well.
Consortium News is a great source, in my opinion.

This is so idiotic - America is clearly NOT the "most powerful country on Earth" anymore - and Obama is DECIDEDLY NOT the President he portrayed he "would be." What a sham. And a shame.

It's so out of control now, that I can't hardly imagine how it will turn around.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I honestly believe Obama started with some ideals, and was smacked in the face by the cold hard reality of the military industrial complex.

It is a monster that demands funds by parading enemies in front of the American people, one should begin to wonder if its producing its own enemies to feed itself.

It is that which allows for things like Prism, Snowden exposed them, he shone a light on the lie that is the US government.

They will do all in the power to Harm Snowden.

Not for his crimes, but to serve as a warning for the next Whistleblower.

They can't let Snowden go.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think the U.N. needs to address these atrocities, now that I think about it.

The U.N. should hold Obama & Co. ACCOUNTABLE. I actually hope that other member countries will push for the Obama Impeachment and an END to the drone program. It makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

The U.N. should hold Obama & Co. ACCOUNTABLE. I actually hope that other member countries will push for the Obama Impeachment and an END to the drone program. It makes me sick.

The UN can't do anything about it, it is an organization with no teeth.

The US has become a country with out the rule of law, it no longer follows its own internal laws or those imposed internationally.

US a lawless state

I fear what it would take to in act real change in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I honestly believe Obama started with some ideals, and was smacked in the face by the cold hard reality of the military industrial complex.

I agree with that, to a degree. The GOP has certainly thwarted a LOT of what he (maybe) intended to do. Obviously the populace was behind his "hope and change" thing, and he was charismatic enough to be believable.

But he instead INCREASED the drone programs, and has NOT done the things he promised to do. Who's to blame?

At this point I don't know anymore - but if I were POTUS, and AFTER election discovered what it actually entailed (and I'm aware that he didn't at the time of his election/s - and was "tutored" by the MIC big wigs as to what was really going on, he caved and went along with it), I'd have resigned....said, "you know what? I can't do this. Thanks, guys, for the opportunity, but this goes against EVERYTHING that I believe in." And since he didn't do that, I doubt his actual integrity altogether. He won based on promises he FAILED to keep.
TWICE. And I fell for it. TWICE.

If he has any integrity, he would sign an executive order to STOP the "Obama Terror Campaign", step down, and admit, like Snowden did, that what he signed up for was WRONG, and should have refused to participate. :shk:

He looks like a liar now.....and a foolish tool. And he was a Constitutional Law professor, for crying out loud!!!!

WTF happened to you, man? I wonder, too, if he shares his conflicted 'ideals' and the 'actual' job with Michelle and the girls. I feel bad for the girls. What a legacy.....
edit on 29-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The UN can't do anything about it, it is an organization with no teeth.

Well, true, but it DOES get news coverage. And seems to me to be the only real chance of building world peace. If Malala can make a speech there, and MSM covers it.....someone could also 'condemn' the US "Terror Campaign".

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If he has any integrity, he would sign an executive order to STOP the "Obama Terror Campaign", step down, and admit, like Snowden did, that what he signed up for was WRONG, and should have refused to participate.

I don't think it would of been any different if Obama lost, 1st, or 2nd, time, Mitt would of done the exact same.

The whole left/right paradigm is just political theater, its all to keep us arguing about it. Its like watching the WWE, its all fake. There maybe areas of domestic policy that the President can control, but to see where the problems begin just look at where Bush and Obama agreed.

It all has to do with all their Corporate masters, look Im not saying there some deep dark conspiracy, but its clear that greed and Lobbying are the source of these choices. When Tyco, Ratheon, Boeing, defense contractors dump money on our reps like crazy, who do you think they will listen to.

As long as we ignore lobbying and campaign finance we are already playing with the odds stacked against us, add to the fact that we allowed the Military Industrial Complex to get so large and we have a US government built on waging perpetual war.

What we see now is them so confident in their ability to "manage" our anger that they are hunting down a man that is a god damn hero, and the outrage of America is muted...

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” Frank Zappa

edit on 29-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I don't think it would of been any different if Obama lost, 1st, or 2nd, time, Mitt would of done the exact same.
Probably, yes. I'm persuaded that the "shadow government" sets all of it up, and that our votes don't really make one # of a difference....it's decided beforehand.

So.....first off: WHY would anyone want to be POTUS? Second: if one doesn't really know until they get there - and find that "manila envelope" on the desk on Day One, that tells them exactly what it is they "won" -----
why don't any of them just say.....
"Erm, Uhhh....well.....um....yeah, I won't do this."
Threat of murder? JFK still haunts Capitol Hill.

EDIT: You know, if Obama himself flew to Russia on the 'pretext' of getting Snowden (or at least meeting him), he HIMSELF could defect.....
and I, for one, would not blame him. "Take your family with you as well, dude. Get the hell out of Dodge." Wonder if Putin would harbor Snowden...maybe Obama could fix this by exiling himself.

Naahhhhhh. Never gonna happen. But I wonder if it's crossed his mind.

edit on 29-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

But he instead INCREASED the drone programs, and has NOT done the things he promised to do. Who's to blame?

At this point I don't know anymore -

Try to remember that the president merely presides at the table. If things don't change no matter who is "in charge", then that is a good sign. The corporations bribe congress (PAC) to go the way they want. The Military Industrial Complex is but a big corporation run by those motivated by profit and others who want to play war. Combine the two, put the taxpayer to foot the bill and there is no limit. Surely out of control.

Imagine being issued a credit card you never had to pay back.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Probably, yes. I'm persuaded that the "shadow government" sets all of it up, and that our votes don't really make one # of a difference....it's decided beforehand.

So.....first off: WHY would anyone want to be POTUS? Second: if one doesn't really know until they get there - and find that "manila envelope" on the desk on Day One, that tells them exactly what it is they "won" -----
why don't any of them just say.....
"Erm, Uhhh....well.....um....yeah, I won't do this."
Threat of murder? JFK still haunts Capitol Hill.

Why does every president age 20 years on taking office?

It could simply be they go in wanting to do good, and find the system has become so corrupted through the left/right divide that they are almost powerless.

Or it could be something far worst.

We don't know, what I do know is that we are told with a very firm and constant voice our vote don't matter. Followed by a ridiculous presidential race that could not be more overdramatic and tabloid like if they tried, almost like its screaming focus only on this election.

We have a system of government in place that allows us to vote our reps in, we need to use it, Look at your reps voting history, senate and house, if you don't like it, do something about it.

Oh your rep took a ton of money from a defense contractor or big bank? Don't vote for him, vote for the dude that had no chance. You know the independent.

BUT noooo you can't do that your wasting you're vote, gee who keeps telling us that.

Be active in your community, be aware, being a citizen of this republic comes with responsibility, most people have handed that job off to the idiot box that tells them what to do.

edit on 29-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

We don't know, what I do know is that we are told with a very firm and constant voice our vote don't matter. Followed by a ridiculous presidential race that could not be more overdramatic and tabloid like if they tried, almost like its screaming focus only on this election.

We have a system of government in place that allows us to vote our reps in, we need to use it, Look at your reps voting history, senate and house, if you don't like it, do something about it.

Agreed. And I do notify my "congressional reps" when I want them to do something...

for all the good it does.

It was my dad who told me "don't vote for the 3rd party guy - that can take votes away from the better likely candidate, and then the lesser of the two evils can win."

But, I'm a registered Independent, and I've looked into what happens if NONE OF US vote - the answer is: Congress gets to decide. Scary, that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Everything you said, I agreed with up until this OP!!! The whole notion of the UN is nothing more than the new court system for the NWO global government!!! The UN holding Obama accountable is laughable at best, considering he is doing their bidding.....

Hell, tell me one thing that the UN has done that has NOT proven they are part of this whole "Global Government Sham!". Is it not obvious by whom they appointed as countries for human rights?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Hiya, seeker63.....

I admit I don't know much about the U.N.'s operations - I've spent the last 3 years just learning Economics 101 and Politics 201. I was not much focused on "world events" before that. (Working and raising kids drains the brain
)

But, at least the MSM covers the U.N. I don't know what their real 'agenda' is, but I do believe in the Declaration of Universal Human Rights (or whatever they call that 'agreement' about how people ought to be treated).

I'm certainly no expert on politics or economics....but I try to be an aware citizen. And what I'm "aware of" now (that previously I was oblivious about) makes me very, very disconcerted, and sometimes I feel, lately, that I don't want to know any more than what I know now - which ain't much.

edit on 29-7-2013 by wildtimes because: fix broken sentence.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anyone miss Bush yet?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Not A CHANCE. Nope. No way, no how.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Anyone miss Bush yet?

Why would you miss something that never left?

This idea that these presidents are "different" at this point of our country's existence is ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

In using the term "YOU" I am pointing to all of you as Americans who have betrayed your nation and its principles.

Why should Obama cease and desist from doing what you elected him to do? And contrary to popular opinion - the first time was NOT excusable, and the second time you voted him into office is nothing short of unconscionable. By your own free choice - you, the American people, have become traitors to the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence.

During his campaign Obama told you all along exactly what he was about. Then he further informed you by the awful choices he made to fill his cabinet, and the many false political appointees in the form of "Czars" - he let you know what kind of a person he was, and what the agenda was going to be, i.e., Marxist communism. And you consented to it. Now that Obama has worked you over with his 'magic - his progressive Marxist agenda - you are in a rage. For you to have these angry misgivings is laughable. You deserve what you get, now and in the future.

You see - you are a people who has turned from God, hence from Christ and towards the atheist philosophy of Marxism - and now you have have been condemned to your own treachery. The crimes of abortion - partial birth abortion and NOW post birth infanticide were enough to condemn you - enough to bring down God's wrath upon your apostate heads.

edit on 29-7-2013 by CasaFermi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

so you are in favour of the UN being able to tell eth US what to do.....??

I can see that going down well with this crowd...

<<   2  3 >>

join