It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arafat to be Buried at Ramallah Compound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When the time comes, Yassir Arafat will be buried at the Mukata, the compound in Ramallah where he has been isolated for almost 3 years. Arafat's burial in Ramallah will be after a funeral in Cairo. Cairo has been selected for the location of the funeral due to the lack of security in the West Bank, and the desire to have World leaders present.

www.foxnews.com
RAMALLAH, West Bank � Israel's prime minister approved Palestinian plans to bury Yasser Arafat at his sandbagged headquarters in the West Bank city of Ramallah, government officials said.

Israel had been pushing for a burial in the Gaza Strip, and its acquiescence to the burial at Arafat's compound defused a potential conflict. The Palestinians see Arafat's Ramallah headquarters � his virtual prison for the last three years � as a symbol of his resistance.

Israeli Interior Minister Avraham Poraz said Israel would permit a "respectful" funeral and be careful not to "upset" Palestinian feelings

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The selection of Ramallah for Arafat's final resting place should avoid an tension with the Israelis. Earlier plans for Arafat's final resting place had him being buried in Jerusalem at the Al Aqsa mosque, which was strongly opposed by the Israeli government.

Israel had proposed a burial in Gaza, or Abu Dis, a site that overlooks Jerusalem. Some Palestinians had insisted that Arafat be buried at the Al Aqsa mosque in spite of Israeli sentiment.

Related News Links:
reuters.myway.com
www.jpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would wait until the funeral precession for Arafat assembled at the Ram Allah compound.

Let all of the top Hamas and PLO leaders and all of the suicide bomber families assemble.

Let them start to dance and celebrate the life and death of Arafat.

Remember what the people of Palistine did on 9/11, remember how they celebrated in the streets when the towers fell. Let them dance and parade all around his grave.

Then unleash a massive attack on the compound, I mean level everything within blocks of the gravesite and the compound.

Let no reminder of this man survive!

Kill everyone!
There all terrorists!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's pretty Harsh! I can appreciate the anger, but I don't think that behaving like the animals that attacked us, makes us better.

My hope is that after Arafat is gone, the conflict in the middle east will have a better chance for success. I mean after the guy who said no to 95% of his demands is out of the way, maybe someone else will be logical enough to see a good deal when it is presented to him.

new topics

join