It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sea creature caught on film by an ROV

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just wanted to get opinions on what this might be. The best views start at about 1 min and some really strange views at about 4:20 forward. These are the views that make me think squid/octupus.

www.wimp.com...

I put this in Fragile Earth as it seemed the most fitting. If it needs to be moved please feel free. I don't think it is an unknown creature and hope someone here can help identify. I think it is some sort of squid/octupus. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything about where the ROV was located.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm guessing that it's some type of jellyfish.

I've never seen anything quite like this.
edit on 28-7-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
thats cool

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This has been posted many times about two months ago. The main thread is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-7-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
wow! That's awesome!

No idea what it is but I could watch it for hours!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Something similar was posted the other day. www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's more threads on it as well. It's a very interesting creature. And to think, we know more about our Moon than we do about the deep Ocean.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All most like its posing for the camera..
I think it believe its very beautiful
And I believe its right

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
cool.

I wonder what it feels like.

I wonder what it tastes like. (chicken?)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
At first I thought it was a plastic grocery bag but then, I just finish watching the video and I was impressed. I have never seen anything like that before.

Its crazy how we continue to discover these unusual creatures in our ocean. Just the thought of others we don't yet know about.

I appreciate this very much!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sorry that it is a duplicate but from most of the response I'm not the only one that didn't
find the prior threads.

I did however post in a different forum as I don't think it is something crypto.
edit on 7/28/2013 by TXTriker because: more words

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Something similar was posted the other day. www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's more threads on it as well. It's a very interesting creature. And to think, we know more about our Moon than we do about the deep Ocean.

Thank you for the info and your politeness.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

This Thread is in a different forum than the other thread, so I believe that it won't be 404'd as a duplicate.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Looks like a discarded piece of some type of film or covering of some sort, and because of it
moving in the oceanic current like a piece of saran wrap in the breeze, is leading us to believe it's a creature of a jellyfish-like nature moving through the ocean.

Whether it's purposeful behavioral movement or not, it's beauty is unmistakable.

One of these days, Man will realize that everything we need is right here on earth. Like it's been said many times before, and now from a previous poster has already mentioned, we know more about our Moon than we do of our very own oceans.

Imagine, for example, the new Aerodynamic technology we can get for airplanes & cars from an undiscovered species such as this. Or perhaps the cure for cancer awaits us in a creature that is only found in trenches such as the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean.

Whether it's a plastic bag floating through life in the breezes of the day, to a creature such as this gliding around in the ocean current, Beauty --she can be found in everything. It is up to us to see and appreciate Her as she dances and sways from the Music of Life. And whether it's deep within the Ocean, or somewhere on the Moon, we all should learn to dance to that melodic tune.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
At first I thought it was a piece of tarp or canvas that had just floated past the ROV.
Even after watching it for two or three minutes I still was thinking it was a piece of canvas.

I'm thinking it might be a primitive relative of the octopus family.
The way it stretches and moves reminds me of how an octopus moves and stretches it's siphon when it moves water through it. I saw an octopus on a night dive close up one time and the way it moved was similar.
The business end seems to have a symmetrical cluster that could be undeveloped tentacles.
I didn't see any eyes though so I'm probably wrong.

It's no wonder this hasn't been recognized before.
Anyone seeing it would think it was trash from the surface.
I'll bet the things have been seen thousands of times but just not recognized as a live creature.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is supposed to be a jellyfish, Deepstaria Enigmatica

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In the video it also resembles a female Blanket Octopus, although there are no 'head' features to be seen.
edit on 28-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It is supposed to be a jellyfish, Deepstaria Enigmatica

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In the video it also resembles a female Blanket Octopus, although there are no 'head' features to be seen.
edit on 28-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Deepstaria Enigmatica
Very cool.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Its scary

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Maybe a mermaid's purse??

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth

Maybe a mermaid's purse??

Big enough to be a tote bag!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Imagine something like that floating in the Air... It would be terrifying.

DC

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join