It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sea creature caught on film by an ROV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Not completely sure, but I think there are variations of these all over the oceans. As long as it's either really deep, or really cold...Check out those videos I posted. Awesome images, and info.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Yeah, I felt that way too.
I mean, it even looked as if it returned to the front-center camera position out of curiosity.

It also really looked like it was putting on a show for the camera. Do you know if there is a particular area of the ocean where they live?

They are usually found in Antarctic and near-Antarctic seas but have been spotted in waters near the United Kingdom, at depths of 829 to 1830 meters.(2700 to 6000 feet)

en.wikipedia.org...-1

Almost alien looking, aren't they?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Not completely sure, but I think there are variations of these all over the oceans. As long as it's either really deep, or really cold...Check out those videos I posted. Awesome images, and info.

I did, thank you. They are beautiful amazing creatures. I don't know a lot about marine biology but I love to learn about it.
edit on 7/28/2013 by TXTriker because: comma

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

That's very interesting. At one point (don't know if stays on the view or not) Oceaneering was shown as a small logo on the left. Wonder if the ROV is from an oil & gas company. The areas they live and if it's an Oceaneering ROV might narrow the location. Doesn't really matter, just curious.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It sounded like the hypno toad. Definitely some sort of jelly fish

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Its crazy how we continue to discover these unusual creatures in our ocean. Just the thought of others we don't yet know about. I appreciate this very much!
reply to post by sylent6

I wonder about that all the time. We find new things on land all the time too and much of it is explored. There has to be some amazing creatures in our oceans. Thinking of this is when my imagination runs wild.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It isn't exactly like the video, but it seems to resemble a giant jellyfish to some extent. I googled and found a picture of one washed up on shore that resembled it but can't get the link right sorry i'm new to this stuff.

edit on 28-7-2013 by Freetothink because: can't add link

edit on 28-7-2013 by Freetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That is really weird. Looks like it has an octopus breathing hole for propulsion but what the hell is it? Some form of unknown jellyfish my guess. weird!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Dead Jellyfish

Any "movement" perceived is from the ROV Thrusters and not from the carcass

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Blob lives!! Seriously, I first thought maybe it was just some rubber covering until the close-ups showed more detail. I have no idea what that can be. It looks like if could be a member of the jelly fish family. You've got to wonder how many other life forms are roaming the sea floor that we haven't discovered yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What is the source of your video? I would say that posting a verifiable source would be an important thing to mention when posting something like this. Nevertheless, good job!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Did that thing just flip the cameras off and then split?

But seriously, that thing is from the deep.. or truly came from outer space.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It looks like barbapapa ... what amazing creature , so this is how real alien beings look like. Maybe this alien sea creature has a high form of intelligence ? Did you see the hexagonal structure on his skin or whatever that was?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

That is beyond freaky! I was thinking at the start it could be a large sheet of plastic. Then the texture of the membrane, or whatever, was visible, and the movement was far too directed to be something inanimate. Then, that other "stuff" comes clearly into view, and eww.....

Not sure what to think. No tentacles, so not an octopus or squid. Same for jellyfish. This is something weird. Any idea where the video was shot? If those who caught it have an idea what they filmed?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It is supposed to be a jellyfish, Deepstaria Enigmatica

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In the video it also resembles a female Blanket Octopus, although there are no 'head' features to be seen.
edit on 28-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Alright, I stand corrected; is IS a jellyfish, albeit a really WEIRD one! Appreciate the link. That is one seriously freaky creature!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Text RedText

Interesting....I've never seen anything quite like it.

Thanks for posting....the Earth still has many secrets for those willing to explore.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Welcome to Earth, being from another place!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We have aliens in the deep sea.
and all we do is look up!

looks like a bed sheet monster.
I would hate to die and find that!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I hate to put one liners... but I wanna eat it....

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I thought it was a stingray in the beginning. Then it cam back and looked like a huge plastic bag!

Cool footage though

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join