It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members that were formally in FOSTER CARE, Find you HOPE here...Hopefully

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

edit on 28-7-2013 by eso322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Um, are you aiming this at a particular sex or something more general.

Sorry I find your search confusing.

P

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I hope that I might find, someone as tru as I am. But this is probably just another failed attempt.

Defeated before you even begin.

If I may offer a piece of advice, so much of what you get in life is about the attitude in which you approach it. Yes you have had a hard rough road, Yes I am sure that you have faced things that no human should have to.

In no way am I belittling your life experiences, the road behind you is just that, BEHIND, look to whats ahead, nothing that happened before today matters it may sound trite and cliche but its true.

What lays ahead is what is important, and what that is, is entirely you're choice.

Choose to carry the burden of your past into every relationship here on out and the road ahead will be as bad as the past.

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you find what you seek.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Is my ipad missing something here? I see no input as to what you are seeking. That said, many I am sure are foster home folks.

In the olden days when I was a kid things were a little differant. At a time when I could still remember all, I know I was in at least 22 foster homes. Later I was told I was in an orphanage twice, I remember only once. I also remember cold winters living in a chicken coop, abandoned grocery store etc but life is life, one survives. Well truly one can sucumb to starvation which i and my brother almost did, but were rescued by a poor farm couple with perhaps a month or so of life remaining. Each experience takes you down or makes you stronger and better, the choice is yours.

Is there pain, yes, I was in my forties before I could talk of my early childhood, healing takes time, hang in there.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I hope that I might find, someone as tru as I am. But this is probably just another failed attempt.

If I may offer a piece of advice, so much of what you get in life is about the attitude in which you approach it. Yes you have had a hard rough road, Yes I am sure that you have faced things that no human should have to.

In no way am I belittling your life experiences, the road behind you is just that, BEHIND, look to whats ahead, nothing that happened before today matters it may sound trite and cliche but its true.

What lays ahead is what is important, and what that is, is entirely you're choice.

Choose to carry the burden of your past into every relationship here on out and the road ahead will be as bad as the past.

Benri, please don't take my words as a personal insult.

You have no idea. I hate the "Just put it all behind you!" Absolute crap.

I routinely wake up in the middle of the night, body trying to respond in flight. Fear at max. Trying to wake enough to start the usual calming routine. Looking at the Katana, knowing you have no need to draw the weapon but still, it would be a comfort.

Put it all behind me, yeah right. You stop the hellish nightmares and perhaps I could do something.

While you are at it can you stop the PTSD. It really sucks. Can you also make me want to trust my fellow humans.

Benri, through no fault of your own, you have no bloody idea mate. None at all. The fact that you have no bloody idea makes me a little happier. At least your childhood was not a freaking nightmare of brutality.

Please, stop with the nonsense. It sucks! I am sick to death of it.

P

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by benrl

Benri, please don't take my words as a personal insult.

You have no idea. I hate the "Just put it all behind you!" Absolute crap.

I routinely wake up in the middle of the night, body trying to respond in flight. Fear at max. Trying to wake enough to start the usual calming routine. Looking at the Katana, knowing you have no need to draw the weapon but still, it would be a comfort.

Put it all behind me, yeah right. You stop the hellish nightmares and perhaps I could do something.

While you are at it can you stop the PTSD. It really sucks. Can you also make me want to trust my fellow humans.

Benri, through no fault of your own, you have no bloody idea mate. None at all. The fact that you have no bloody idea makes me a little happier. At least your childhood was not a freaking nightmare of brutality.

Please, stop with the nonsense. It sucks! I am sick to death of it.

P

You assume far to much.

I suffered from PTSD from a self defense incident where I shot an intruder in my home, almost lost everything due to the resulting depression, I have posted about it before on ATS and will not rehash it here for you.

I know from personal experience, perhaps if the first response to the OP was something a little more than mocking he may have stayed.

What works for one may not work for another, what worked for me wasn't therapy, it wasn't drugs, it was the self realization that I was letting an event in my past destroy my future.
edit on 29-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Being "injured" in this manner as an adult is completely different to being "injured" in your formative years. Children do not have the coping skills that an adult enjoys.

P

top topics

join