It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Lindsey Graham should join Amanda Bynes on a 5150 (involuntary psychiatric hold)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here's a definite right wingnut. Every time I hear him say something I swear he sounds like he is delusional. Is he serious or is he playing to his constituency?

From a Wealthdaily.com article:

LG: “You don’t want to punish athletes – they’ve done nothing wrong – but do I really want to reward Putin if he continues to do what he’s doing? Should we reward this country by allowing him to have the propaganda coup of hosting the Olympics?” AC: “How does that hurt Putin?” LG: “I think it would really matter to the Russians. Should we have given Hitler the Olympics in 1936? I’m not suggesting Russia is Nazi Germany. Alisyn, would you go to the Olympic games in Iran? Look what Hitler did in 1936. They sold to the world something they were not. Like it or not, the Olympic Games are used by the host country to sell themselves. Should we be part of selling Russia for Putin? If he gives Snowden asylum, should we give our Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on the games that he will be hosting? I don’t want to stop the Olympics, I want to stop Putin.”

and...

Of course, it seems Graham's too busy these days preparing for his next election by pumping out the empty rhetoric for which so man Senators just like him are so famous. Case in point, yesterday the Senator told an audience of partisan sheep that if the relationship between the U.S. and Iran doesn't improve by the end of summer, he will ask Congress to authorize going to war.

Sad to think that anyone could actually vote for this guy...

Source: WealthDaily.com

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Rofl, this idiot seriously compared modern Russia to Nazi Germany. Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Dude, if you think LG is a right wing Conservative you are out of your mind. He's a Progressive "RINO" Republican just like his same sex partner John McCain. Those two attack the Conservatives in the Senate, they don't join them.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Sad to think that anyone could actually vote for this guy...

Well, as is usually the case with RINOs they campaign as Conservatives in their red states, then when elected vote on bills as the Progressives that they are. And the sad part is that most Americans only get engaged in politics close to voting time and are too busy with their lives to follow what their elected officials are doing in Washington.

I do believe there is a Conservative plan to primary LG next election though.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Dude, if you think LG is a right wing Conservative you are out of your mind. He's a Progressive "RINO" Republican just like his same sex partner John McCain. Those two attack the Conservatives in the Senate, they don't join them.

Right wing, Leftwing, who cares. Wingnut is what he is. I don't engage in Right vs Left. I de-registered 10 years ago and vote independent.

This guy, and others like him, from either side, are a symptom of whats wrong with the US.

Sorry if I labeled him wrong. Lets just call him a lunatic.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sadly he'll probably win.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If you consider LG a RINO, then Fred Phelps and WBC must be moderates. Tells the rest of us where you stand in the political spectrum.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

He is a RINO. That's why he consistently votes alone with the Democrats and attacks Conservatives. RINO Republicans hate Conservatives.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

He is a lunatic, but I needed to clarify that he certainly isn't a Conservative Republican.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

He is a lunatic, but I needed to clarify that he certainly isn't a Conservative Republican.

Guess I hit a nerve. Both parties are messed up. If I must get thechnical tho, LG is a flag waving member of the repubplcan party... period. He is registered that way, votes that way and goes right along with the party line votes.

To be clear, it doesnt matter to me. He could be with any party. The guy grates on my nerves.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Guess I hit a nerve. Both parties are messed up. If I must get thechnical tho, LG is a flag waving member of the repubplcan party... period. He is registered that way, votes that way and goes right along with the party line votes.

To be clear, it doesnt matter to me. He could be with any party. The guy grates on my nerves.

Well, if you word it that way you would be correct. The GOP has been overrun by the Progressive Republicans. It was even that way with the establishment GOP when Regean was attacking them. LG is not a "Conservative", as I stated earlier. He attacks the Conservative Senators any chance he gets, and he and his same sex partner John McCain vote with the Democrats more than with the Conservative Republicans.
edit on 28-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Do you really want to live in a world that locks people up against their will simply because there opinions are different than yours?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think we can agree that he's a loon

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Double post

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
Do you really want to live in a world that locks people up against their will simply because there opinions are different than yours?

Who said anything about locking someone up? The only ones doing that are governments

new topics

top topics

join