It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
[2004-2025] The end of mankind?

After a friend showed me an article about 'The Great Pyramid', I thought to myself that it was untrue, but too interesting to just 'click the X in the corner of the screen'. So I thought i'd tell you.

I apologise in advance if this has been covered before.

To start with, The Great Pyramid of Giza is not just a great pyramid, it's an amazing pyramid.

Here are several facts about it :

- It is built from giant pieces of limestone, upto 70 tonnes of the stuff. These are positioned so accurately that joining faces, which are 5ft x 7ft, fit perfectly to within a fiftienth of an inch.
- The ratio of base-perimeter-length, to the full height is exactly 2 pi. This is constant throughout using whatever units of measurments you use.
- The basic unit of measurement used is 1/10,000,000th of the Earth's radius (25.0265inches). The length of the base is exactly 365.242 of these units, which is exactly the number of days in a year.
- The carefully constructed passages withing the pyramid had no external entrance.

The Pyramid contains many markings and inscriptions on the walls down the passages. After translation, these markings have been related to many events throughout time, and predicting many events still to happen.

The dates include the birth of jesus, the rise and fall of the 'anti-messiah' in 1933-1944, the industrial revolution, and many others.

People have interpreted that the pyramid predicts the end of the mankind, which starts in 2004 and carrys on until 2025. Charles Berlitz in his best-selling 1981 book Doomsday 1999 AD wrote that studies of the Great Pyramid show that September 17, 2001 is a terminal date for the world.

Charles Berlitz writes: "While remembering that this is an interpretive prophecy mainly after the fact, it is still intriguing to observe that certain modern events appear to have been indicated in advance... the gallery measurements apparently indicated critical events that corresponded to World War I, World War II, the Atomic Age, and crucial events of the 50s and 70s. But the measurements - and history itself - seem to break off in 2001."

Could this be linked with 9/11? The start of the end of the world?

Does any other members have views on this, or any other material regarding the Great Pyramid?

So should we pack our bags and run to the hills or just laugh at the silly people who believe in this stuff...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have done a post on the Great Pyramid before.
It is my conclusion that The Great Pyramid was built by King Solomon and its true name is "The Great And Wonderful House Of God"
it was the dwelling place of God, here on the earth.

A link you will find interesting: www.pyramidsarenotamystery.net...
My original post www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
How did you come to that conclusion?
The jewish religion are based on myths, fables and most of the text plagiarized from other beliefs. The jews of today have no relations to the Hebrews of the past.

The Christian jesus is borrowed from the accounts of Horus and Isis.

What's up with westerners always trying to attribute ancient construction towards aliens or other western groups?

[edit on 14-11-2004 by wfsmoothy]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Graham Hancock's book, Finger Prints of the Gods says this of the three great pyramids of Giza:

"The other remarkable feature of Khufu's Pyramid (The Great Pyramid) was the absence of inscriptions or decorations anywhere within its immense network of galleries, corridors, passageways and chambers, and the same was true of Khafre's and Menkaure's Pyramids. In none of these amazing monuments had a single word been written in praise of the pharaohs whose bodies they were supposed to house."

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Have you been here?

I must warn, it is ALOT of reading, and if mathematics isn't your fortay, read it anyways to understand the symbolic meanings w/in the Great Pyramid.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This helps to prove that the Egyptians did not build the Great Pyramid.
If the rest of the Pyramids that the Eguptians built have Inscriptions, how come the Greatest of all Pyramids doesn't.

Answer the Egyptians did not build the Great Pyramid.
Another point is that all other Pyramids anywhere in the world are inferior to the Great Pyramid, again proving that they all were not built by the same people.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
How does the great pyramid bearing no inscription prove that the Egyptians did not build the pyramid? Who are you suggesting? A group of Japanese tourist?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
smoothy, i've seen your name on another thread and you just sound like a pissed off little dude. very annoying. in any case, the lack of writing on the great pyramid doesn't PROOVE the egyptians didn't build it, but it sure does mean something. and considering every other egyptian pyramid had writing on or in it dedicated to the person the pyramid it was built for, the most logical conclusion to draw is that the egyptians probably didn't build the pyramid.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
That's a pretty big leap to attribute to logic.

Let's say, it has no inscriptions because it's Very Special.

I'm sure it has at least graffiti in it, posted by the work gangs that it was built by.

Zip

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
One thing that ALWAYS amazes me is how LITTLE CREDIT we want to give ourselves as a race. Why must we assume these structures were built by aliens, Atlantians, magicians, or Gods...just because they're precise??

The Egyptians HAD HIGHER MATH SKILLS! Also, their are only so many shapes you can use to make a structure past a certain size. The Pyramid is one of them.

Also, at one point or another, (especially after Five Hundred years of Pyramid-building!)you've GOT to come up with a Pyramid that's "right".

Please, give the Egyptians some credit! Be amazed! Then...copy them!

By the way, you might find some answers here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Toelint]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I read somewhere that there were pictures on the walls of the pyramids showing workers using 'tuning forks' to move objects. It said that they used sound to move an object, has anyone else heard about this?

[edit on 16-11-2004 by phixion]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
hey boys and girls i've just joined this lovel site

i've been an avid reader of everything egypt since i can remember and i would like to add a few of my personal points on this subject

the only writing found in the great pyramid is graffitti and it says khafre although it has been proven to be fake as the "vandal" used an incorrect translation early in 20's 30's

also having read many 100's of books on ancient civilisations i think maybe we have to try and put ourselves into their mentality, the south american aztecs for instance practised ritual sacrifice as did many many other civilisations and its been proven that these people went willingly and truly believed in an afterlife ( I'm a complete Atheist) back then we would have been killed if there ever truly were atheists and the power of belief is a strong thing perhaps if these shamen, high priests and other religious heirarchy did a power dance or a ritual speech or recited certain dogma and told these people that the gods allowed them to lift these massive stones that there was no question of them not doing it and they truly believed but nowadays somebody tells you you can lift a 70 stone block you would simply laugh

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They have been telling us for the longest that the Great Pyramid was a burial tomb.

There is something really wrong with this story.
If the Great Pyramid is a tomb, Where Is The Kings Body ?
Does not this seem a bit odd to you, all the work that went into the building of the Great, and there has never been a body placed in there. Further, there is no evidence whatsoever that anyone has ever been buried there and no evidence of embalming materials whatsoever, not "ONE" spec, nor have any burial utensils been found.
For them to be so smart I would think that they would have taken the time to place the King in the Pyramid if this is what it was built for.

Why Would They Build This Massive Structure And Then Not Bury Anyone In It ?

It's All A Lie

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Have they even explored all of the great pyramid yet?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yes it has been explored many times since the early 1800's. New tombs and aritfacts are continually being found. Giza itself is very very big, so big we still do not know the size of it as there are many chambers and sub chambers within the pyramids themselves.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

I'm sure it has at least graffiti in it, posted by the work gangs that it was built by.

True, some graffiti was found, that said the Pyramid was build for Khufu, but there is no real hard evidence to support it.

Very odd that people like Bauval, Hancock, John Anthony West etc. are still not taken seriously, while there is no evidence to support the generally accepted 'truths' about the pyramids and the Great Sphinx...

Long live Zahi Hawass

[edit on 11-22-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have asked this question and it seems no one is willing to go out on the limb to answer it.

"IF" the Great Pyramid was built to be a tomb, WHERE IS THE BODY ?

It defies logic to build this structure as a tomb and then not bury anyone in it, something is wrong with this story. No embalming utensils or residue where ever found anywhere in the Great.

Here is a alternate view that makes much more sense.

It was a Temple of worship.

For anyone to suggest that the Egyptians Knew the diameter of the earth is pure foolishness, no way.
Nor could they know that the Great would be at the center of the landmass of the earth.

Too many peices don't fit !

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The knowledge that the builders possessed is simply amazing! The ancients were more advanced than we would think them to be. I believe alot of history is screwed up. It doesnt really matter who built (Giza) or how it was done really (well you know lol ). The real treat is in the building itself! I have read Hancock and a few others and it is very interesting to say the least. This pyramid complex was never meant to be a tomb. More likely it was for initiation ceremonies. If you look at the other pyramids (from all over) they are all inferior especially when it concerns the mathematical incorporations the giza pyramid has. Maybe alot of the ancients had the knowledge and capability to some extent that we have today only they refused to accept them due to the environmental , physiological effects , etc ...

dont forget Juanita's link

www.hunkler.com...

Or this one or many others that can be found from google or yahoo

ourworld.compuserve.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What an amazing thing the Pyramid of Giza.
Its all too much of a coincidence to be untrue. I believe it holds something very special which is here now in 2004.
My wife has been telling me recently how the Earth is currently undergoing a massive metaphysical shift and we are going along for the ride as bumby as it may be. Some of us will ascend into the new world, others will eventually phase out. There is more to this but it gets real heavy//

Originally posted by phixion
[2004-2025] The end of mankind?

After a friend showed me an article about 'The Great Pyramid', I thought to myself that it was untrue, but too interesting to just 'click the X in the corner of the screen'. So I thought i'd tell you.

I apologise in advance if this has been covered before.

To start with, The Great Pyramid of Giza is not just a great pyramid, it's an amazing pyramid.

Here are several facts about it :

- It is built from giant pieces of limestone, upto 70 tonnes of the stuff. These are positioned so accurately that joining faces, which are 5ft x 7ft, fit perfectly to within a fiftienth of an inch.
- The ratio of base-perimeter-length, to the full height is exactly 2 pi. This is constant throughout using whatever units of measurments you use.
- The basic unit of measurement used is 1/10,000,000th of the Earth's radius (25.0265inches). The length of the base is exactly 365.242 of these units, which is exactly the number of days in a year.
- The carefully constructed passages withing the pyramid had no external entrance.

The Pyramid contains many markings and inscriptions on the walls down the passages. After translation, these markings have been related to many events throughout time, and predicting many events still to happen.

The dates include the birth of jesus, the rise and fall of the 'anti-messiah' in 1933-1944, the industrial revolution, and many others.

People have interpreted that the pyramid predicts the end of the mankind, which starts in 2004 and carrys on until 2025. Charles Berlitz in his best-selling 1981 book Doomsday 1999 AD wrote that studies of the Great Pyramid show that September 17, 2001 is a terminal date for the world.

Charles Berlitz writes: "While remembering that this is an interpretive prophecy mainly after the fact, it is still intriguing to observe that certain modern events appear to have been indicated in advance... the gallery measurements apparently indicated critical events that corresponded to World War I, World War II, the Atomic Age, and crucial events of the 50s and 70s. But the measurements - and history itself - seem to break off in 2001."

Could this be linked with 9/11? The start of the end of the world?

Does any other members have views on this, or any other material regarding the Great Pyramid?

So should we pack our bags and run to the hills or just laugh at the silly people who believe in this stuff...

top topics

join