It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite actor of all time.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Mine is Kirk Douglas, when I was about 7 or 8 I watched The Vikings and was struck in awe in how amazing Kirk is, I wanted a dimple in my chin just like him so for the whole summer I taped my chin up to make a cleft, It didn't work btw

I found The Vikings here for you all to watch if you would like (If you have not seen it check it out).

I would have loved to have watched him in the play version of One flew over the cuckoos nest.

More info about him here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Great to see he is still batting at the grand age of 96, I hope he reaches the big 100.
Anyhow please tell me yours

edit on 27-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Oh man, this is a hard one!

I have many favourite actors. But, i have to say that Nicolas Cage ranks highly on my list. I think he is majorly, and undeservedly underrated as an actor.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The only thing more awesome than his movies....are his freckles.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

That vid is just too funny..

Here is another fave actor of mine Kevin Pollak doing an impression of another fave actor (in my top two) Christopher Walken..

Out of them all I would love to have a beer or 10 with Walken.
edit on 27-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Definitely Tommy Wiseau

His infamous "You are tearing me apart Lisa!" line still gives me chills to this day.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Everyone posting inferior humans! No, we need a cool robot voiced by a hilarious voice actor. Johnny 5 from the Short Circuit franchise was voiced by Tim Blaney. He has also voiced Frank the Pug from the Men in Black series. Two great characters voiced by a cool voice actor.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Phoenix267 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
My brother,
www.imdb.com...

He put himself through acting school while supporting his wife and 3 kids by driving a taxi and doing security in clubs, spent long spells away fom home on the other side of the world sleeping in the back of his car between long drives from audition to audition. Although far from fame, his dedication,determination and hard work will get him on the silverscreen one day, (of course his talent, good looks and Irish charm will help aswell
)
Keep an eye on "Sons of Anarchy" he is shooting right now until October. Not sure when it will be shown.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Ranong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
KEVIN SPACEY

has all the versatility of any leading actor without the ego. In my opinion The Usual Suspects is the shinning star of his career, while K-Pax also forces the viewer to flex a bit of grey matter in order to piece together a story which confounds logic, yet as both movies do just that, Kevin Spacey delivers a surprising and plausible explanation to the the events which have unfolded. As a bad guy in 21 and Horrible Bosses, the viewer can believe that Spacey would be somebody with-whom-not-to-f#*k, as any threats he gives doesn't need the backing of a muscular frame and copious amounts of swearing. Spacey can deliver death threats equally as intimidating without the muscles, without the cussing and by simply whispering his words into his enemies ear, such is the impact that a threat of violence laced with intelligence and unflinching eye contact can deliver.

As for the girls

THANDIE NEWTON.

is flawless and conniving in The Chronicles of Riddick and Rock-n-Rolla. Equally at home playing the divorced mother in Run Fatboy Run, Thandie pushes all the right buttons with those high cheekbones and demure looks. Again this is another actor who doesn't need to resort to profanity and revealing flesh to deliver an impact to a role requiring convincing seduction and sensuality.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Too many great actors to choose from, but one of my top all time actors is the great Tim Roth....

How can anybody disagree with the movies Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, class......

I also wanted to agree with the choice of the OP, Kirk Douglas was also great in The Vikings, I used to watch the movie with my dad when I was a kid, a great classic movie.......

edit on 27-7-2013 by davethebear because: additional info

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
For me it is Sam Elliott

I sat down and had a good think about which actors really make me smile whenever I see them. He is especially good in Road House and Tombstone

Oh... and I'd kill baby rabbits to even look half as cool as him lol

edit on 27-7-2013 by Mister_Bit because: baby rabbits

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Gotta add the dude then here enjoy the clip

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

How'd ya do dood?

haha class
Thanks for the clip

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I have many Favorite actors but the Number One of all time has to be . ... ..

John Wayne

Because he is the Most Genuine actor I have ever seen. .. . Pilgrim
edit on 27-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Al Pacino

The Godfather, Scarface, Dog Day Afternoon, Donnie Brasco, The Devil's Advocate, The Heat, Serpico ...need I say more?

edit on 27-7-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Tough choice, but I'll have to say Robert De Niro.

Al Pacino and Dustin Hoffman deserve a mention, so does David Tennant. The best doctor since Tom Baker IMO.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
The only thing more awesome than his movies....are his freckles.

And I even read that in his voice, that was awesome.

My ultimate actor from even when I was young would have to be Will Smith, but I'll chuck an upcoming mega star into the convo:

Tam Hardy.

I didn't have no idea he was Bane until somebody told me afterwords. He really is a brilliant actor, enjoy all the parts he plays.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Without a doubt, it's Vic Tayback, the guy who played "Mel" in the sitcom "Alice".

Just kidding! I have a slew of favorites, but the number one has got to be Pacino. He's incredible.
Then there's Robert Duvall, Bogart, Brando, Anthony Hopkins, The Duke, and Robert Mitchum.
Gary Oldman, Peter Sellers, Val Kilmer, Jeff Bridges, Eric Bana are damn good actors too.

Eric Bana did a film called "Chopper" in 2000...totally under the radar... one of the best performances in cinema history.

Of course I know it's a totally subjective thing, but it still puzzles me how some people will pick some annoying, one-dimensional hack and tell you how great they are.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just one...oh my...
Ummm,as a kid I loved Gene Kelly . Then growing up ,Clint Eastwood .
I adored Telly Savalas ,Bill Bixby ,Errol Flynn ,Basil Rathbone ,Vincent Price

Too many . Now,I have faves of certain countries .
I love Clive Own ,Aiden Turner ,Jason Statham ,Robson Green ;UK
Takaeshi Kaneshiro ,Toshiro Mifune ,Kazuki Kitamura ,Tak Sakaguchi ,Takeshi Shimura; Japan
Little Tony Leung ,Chow Yun Fat ,Donnie Yen ,Anthony Wong ,Bruce Lee ,Sammo Hung; HK
Vincent Donofrio ,Timothy Olyphant ,Peter Dinklage ,Michael C Hall ,Brandon Lee ; USA

If I had to pick one.....Toshiro Mifune

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I want to include Burgess Meredith in this thread. A real actor's actor. He could play any role well.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I want to include Burgess Meredith in this thread. A real actor's actor. He could play any role well.

I agree. I forgot about him when I was listing my faves.
I first saw him in the old "Twilight Zone" shows when I was a kid. This scene made me cry.

The glasses scene

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join