It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Fast and Furious fallout: Video warns ATF agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In a video acquired by The Washington Guardian, The ATF Chief warns agents about the consequences if they whistleblow outside their chain of command.

Anymore it seems as if this administration is attempting to prevent whistleblowing every chance they get. Todd Jones was appointed by Obama, who else, huh?

The video, obtained by the Washington Guardian, immediately raised alarm among agents in the field, members of Congress and whistleblower advocates.

ATF officials in Washington and rank-and-file agents told the Washington Guardian that the tape was interpreted by many as a warning not to pursue the path of the Arizona agents who went outside the agency in 2011 and reported concerns to Congress about the bungled Fast and Furious gun probe that let semiautomatic weapons flow to Mexican drug gangs.

“It ought to be a wake-up signal for everybody in Congress who wants to do their job of constitutional oversight,” Grassley told Sinclair Broadcast, which reported the story with the Washington Guardian. “You can't put up with agency heads like this having this attitude."

Transcript - ATF's videotaped message to employees on reporting wrongdoing

edit on 27-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well I for one hope they keep blowing those whistles
Loud and long.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Im gonna start a foundation to purchase whistles that read "blow me" and pass them to all the ATF agents. Not really, but I should.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
Im gonna start a foundation to purchase whistles that read "blow me" and pass them to all the ATF agents. Not really, but I should.

Ya know, Mnemicrs, that punny didn't blow. Or it did. Whichever is a compliment.

edit on 27-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is no one here upset about the atmosphere this administration creates against whistleblowers? They seems to say one thing while their actions suggest another. I really don't feel that the Obama admin is being truthful about their intentions.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Sometimes one just feels like an angry voice crying in the darkness. Every time you think government cannot get any worse.........it does. When will we again be represented by government instead of being ruled over by government? [color=#CC0000]When every last Democrat and Republican is eliminated......from government.

Every election cycle we have to choose between the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

We also need to dismantle the MASSIVE BUREAUCRACY! These government employees are only concerned with their paychecks and job security. They do not answer to Congress or the American people. Every single alphabet agency needs to be gone through with a fine toothed comb. Our government has grown too big and too expensive and too overbearing. It is time we took out our little hatchets and started cutting them off at the legs and work our way up. A good place to start would be the government employees unions. Like the government is not a good employer. They actually need unions to get even better wages and contracts? Are you serious?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Oh I agree! You know everyone is quick to judge me and think that I am republican or independnt. When in fact, I am partyless. We either need to get rid of the primarily 2 party system, or incorporate more fully functional parties. Sadly the main reason our third party is not stronger is because of the corrupt republicans and democrats. And of course the corrupt MSM, that never gives our third party the time of day.

Perhaps we are fighting the wrong battles and need to fight to get our third party more recognition. I believe that all air time should be equal and free. Just like hospials hand out free care to the poor, why cant every single news station or newspaper be required to provide free and equal coverage of our incumbents? You know, if I was running this country my primary concern in life would not be in protecting and supporting a party. Pity that presidents are elected beause they know the right people vs. having common sense to think for themselves.

edit on 27-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

Hope you don't get a T&C violation on that term - I got a violation just for alluding to it in a thread that had "blow me off" in the title sometime last year.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That chain of command goes all the way up to the Department of Justice, Eric Holder and beyond.
Should you disagree with our policy of sending fully automatic weapons and small explosives to Mexican Narco gangs then don't talk to anyone outside the ATF or YOU WILL FACE CONSEQUENCES.

"Hmmm, Should I lose my job or watch a slow invasion by Narco gangs of my country?"
Many have already talked.
We don't need any more whistle blowers what we need is someone willing to prosecute the criminals ordering this.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'm so angry - I don't even believe they bother to try to count an accurate vote anymore.

Think of these whistle blowers - they have families, they have friends, they aren't george soros with billions of dollars..... They took a job, just like the rest of us, and they see how crooked and illegal it has become.....

These criminals need to be removed, but who can do it.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

We can start a third party - but without a military and black-mailed judges, we can't do anything substantial.

That's what the knowledgable american citizen is up against.

There are still a lot of people that actually believe that the democraps and repubs are different.

new topics

top topics

join