It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dirty or bacteriological bomb goes off near you, and your own troops shoot you for trying to escap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
w0w
now that is serious, police state is nothing, prepare yourselves!!!

A dirty or bacteriological bomb goes off near you, and your own troops shoot you for trying to escape. For this we pay taxes?

Dirty bomb victims 'may be shot'

JOHN INNES

POLICE could be forced to shoot members of the public to maintain order in the event of a terrorist "dirty bomb" or biological attack on Britain, it was claimed yesterday.

The Police Federation annual conference in Blackpool was told that so few officers have been trained to deal with a chemical, biological, nuclear or radiological strike that they would have to resort to "very unsavoury but necessary" crowd control.

Bob Elder, the chairman of the constables� central committee, did not refer specifically to officers firing on civilians, but sources within the organisation said it was clear police could have to resort to firearms to stop contamination being spread by fleeing victims.

The government had failed to explain how important it would be to keep the public inside a cordon after such an atrocity, Mr Elder said.

"This is not about creating mass hysteria," he said. "This is about the opposite. The public has a right to know.

"The natural reaction from the public caught up in such an incident will be to get as far away from the scene as possible. This could, of course, only extend the problem."

In another reference to the possible use of firearms to keep control of an area, Mr Elder added: "We will be the ones who would have to carry out that containment and we would be the ones held responsible for our actions - whatever those may be."

Asked if he could foresee officers firing on civilians, he said: "It�s an option the government is going to have to consider. We haven�t got enough cops trained to deal with full-scale containment and it�s putting everyone at risk."

A spokesman for the Home Office insisted police would not have powers to shoot the public to enforce a cordon in the event of a chemical, biological, nuclear or radiological strike attack.

"Police have the right to detain people if they present a risk to the public," he said. "There are no circumstances in which police could operate some kind of shoot to kill policy under the law."

Link:
www.news.scotsman.com...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this exact subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BUt to be honest with you, whats the problem?

Your contaminated and you can either stay where you are try and get out of the infected area. If you try and get out your gonna spread the contamination. I`d rather spare my country that but some obviously are gonna try and make a run for it and make the situation much worse.

This has nothing to do with a police state, it is a necessary sensible precaution for an extreme situation. It does nothing to imply a police state whatsoever.
We already had that with the criminal justice bill several years ago.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
There is already a thread on this exact subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BUt to be honest with you, whats the problem?

Your contaminated and you can either stay where you are try and get out of the infected area. If you try and get out your gonna spread the contamination. I`d rather spare my country that but some obviously are gonna try and make a run for it and make the situation much worse.

This has nothing to do with a police state, it is a necessary sensible precaution for an extreme situation. It does nothing to imply a police state whatsoever.
We already had that with the criminal justice bill several years ago.

I remember one of the few things that B-r-i-a-n said that made a LOT OF SENSE, and it was:

"Once the new plague is unleashed upon the world, no one will be allowed to move about unless he or she has been innoculated and marked as safe
Money will be found to be the �carrier� as paper money is a vast fibrous environment of fine fibbers to store and breed billions of germs or viruses, transmitted from the coughing mouths onto the hands of the buying public.

These plagues are intended to give soldiers the reason to set up check points, and shoot anyone who attempts to pass. They would be protecting their own families and after a few hours on the job and killing a few resistors, will grow hard and be like the guards on the Berlin wall.
Take a look out your window, and imagine a wire fence and a gate with a tower, that is what they intend."

Police and military state is all related, don�t forget
fear is the mind killer...

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well, its a shame you have such a paranoid view. Firstly you are assuming that the Biological, Nuclear, or chemical attack would have to be state sponsored to engender the need for this level of control. If a government wishes to control, restrict and monitor peoples movements there are a number of ways they could do it without need for such a crass plan as blowing, infecting or maiming your population and crippling the economy (which would most likely cripple the gov).

True legislation for a police state would quite easily accomplish this without resort to something so damaging to the country. Remember a massive terrorist attack is likely to be far more debilitating to a country like Britain than to one in the USA.

And please Ive had #####s website for the past five months since chatting to Ycon in the chat room about him and NOTHING that man says is reasonable, as it most likely the ramblings of a paranoid delusional who needs psychological help.

Saying that if you take what is said at face value and don`t give it the deep thought required you could well think this would be to do with a police state.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
Well, its a shame you have such a paranoid view. Firstly you are assuming that the Biological, Nuclear, or chemical attack would have to be state sponsored to engender the need for this level of control. If a government wishes to control, restrict and monitor peoples movements there are a number of ways they could do it without need for such a crass plan as blowing, infecting or maiming your population and crippling the economy (which would most likely cripple the gov).

True legislation for a police state would quite easily accomplish this without resort to something so damaging to the country. Remember a massive terrorist attack is likely to be far more debilitating to a country like Britain than to one in the USA.

And please Ive had #####s website for the past five months since chatting to Ycon in the chat room about him and NOTHING that man says is reasonable, as it most likely the ramblings of a paranoid delusional who needs psychological help.

Saying that if you take what is said at face value and don`t give it the deep thought required you could well think this would be to do with a police state.

Do u know how quarantine is being used in asia because of the sars?
another one
Do u know what the Israely army does with palestinians with the blocking?

I think u don�t get what i try to mean...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ditto with Gazrock.

The "shoot"/arrest scenario is ONLY if you run out of the area, refuse treatment, and endanger others. In order for plagues to be stopped, you need an effective quarrantine. Going to sit in the woods for 2 months isn't an effective quarrantine because you're just spreading the pathogen into nature. Sitting in your own hermetically sealed bunker would be fine.

And frankly, if you've been exposed to a pathogen and you think you're better off running out and into crowds where my kids and other people might catch whatever you got -- frankly, I'd be the first to toss a net over you and haul your fanny into lockup till it was determined you were disease free.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i agree with all of u on the term to stop somebody infected with a bio agent, but u still don�t see my meaning, the problem will be always the excuse to block ways, not let people go places,
let�s say abuse from it , or u never knew what could happend if a "bio attack" threats your city, maybe is false, maybe it�s expanded by the own goverment (most of the times) for control purposes, u will see what i mean, bio-terrorism will be the next excuse to cut even more rights and freedoms, and there is no enemy at the end...
That is what i mean, fear is what they use for make us agree with them in their policy....

I hope u know get the concept of my talking in this thread...
Of course somebody that can infect thousands while he breather or runs is bad, but remember that is a sword with double edge...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
has at least two sides....

join