It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the UN backs LGBT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Among the dignitaries throwing their support behind "Free & Equal" was retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who in the 1980s was a prominent leader of the struggle to end South Africa's apartheid system of racial segregation and white-minority rule.

"I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven ... I mean I would much rather go to the other place," Tutu said at Friday's news conference. "I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this."

news.yahoo.com...

Desmond Tutu and the UN trying to force approval on the whole world now.
edit on 26-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Well said

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
More from the article:

In Russia, President Vladimir Putin recently signed a law that will impose hefty fines for holding gay pride rallies or providing information about the gay community to minors. In Haiti, gay-rights leaders say their community has been targeted by a recent series of threats. In Montenegro, several hundred people on Wednesday attacked the Balkan nation's first-ever gay pride rally, throwing rocks and bottles at activists while some yelled, "Kill the gays."

"The Universal Declaration of Human Rights promises a world in which everyone is born free and equal in dignity and rights — no exceptions, no one left behind," Pillay said. "Yet it's still a hollow promise for many millions of LGBT people forced to confront hatred, intolerance, violence and discrimination on a daily basis."

Putin is really becoming a major thorn in their side. He needs to be very careful to avoid "accidents', but I'm sure he knows that.
edit on 26-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Desmond Tutu and the UN trying to force approval on the whole world now.

Yes trying to force the world to treat everyone as equals is a bad thing. This world would become a very bad place if the knuckle draggers can't teach their kids to hate people just because they are different.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Disgusting. Next they will be demanding we all give it a go.

Trying to force approval on the whole world.

There were multiple reasons for choosing South Africa as the news conference venue. It is Pillay's home country, and is a leading nation on a continent where discrimination and violence against LGBT people is widespread.

In Cameroon, for example, two men were sentenced to prison this week for gay sex, and a gay rights activist was tortured and killed earlier this month in an attack his friends suspect was related to his activism. South Africa, in contrast, does not criminalize homosexuality and allows same-sex marriage, yet is plagued by extensive anti-gay violence, including frequent rapes of lesbians.

You're right, "force approval" that's exactly what they are doing. Well, it's either that or this is simply an effort to nurture a humanitarian atmosphere of tolerance amongst our species in an attempt stop the targeted beating, imprisonment, torture, rape, murder and other delightful dalliances of hatred dealt out based upon nothing bar a particular sexual preference which you purposefully chose to present in a particular light due to an outdated and spitefully self-centred personal opinion.

I imagine then your bedroom habits are completely 'acceptable' eh? Well good for you Johnny, you're not a wrongun, have a star. Oh, and feel free to place it on the lapel of the next gay you see.

join