It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariel Castro likely to take plea deal in Ohio abductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ariel Castro likely to take plea deal in Ohio abductions

www.usatoday.com

Castro, a former school bus driver who turned 53 earlier this month, was scheduled to appear in court on 977 criminal counts, including kidnapping, rape and aggravated murder.

He is accused of abducting three young women over an 11-year period, holding them hostage in his home and raping them repeatedly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.chicagotribune.com

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Arial Castro is being sentenced for the kidnapping of 3 women…girls at the time of abduction. He has admitted guilt and is now facing the consequences. He will never be a free man again.

I believe that he did this to avoid the death penalty as it is still used here in Ohio.

He has plead guilty to 930 counts.

The sentencing is going on as I type this.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just fat paws

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Life in prison without the possibility of parole, plus 1,000 years.

At least those poor women won't have to recount their ordeal.
edit on 26-7-2013 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If I lived in this Jurisdiction, my side hobby would become seeing everyone accountable by vote, held to that and removed from office in the next election. Every single scumbag who had anything to do with offering this piece of trash a deal.

What deal did those 3 girls get for over 10 YEARS of nightmare captivity in his little house of horrors? What help or even HOPE did they have, all those years, when even pregnancy was absolutely no hope of outside contact or help? That may have made life worse on them all, not better. Hard to say.

He "owned" 3 human beings in ways even the old time slavery would have called over the top and if not for a fluke of circumstance? He'd still be at it and they'd still be dying a bit each day as his prisoners.

He forfeited his right to continue stealing my oxygen when he chose to all but erase 3 lives from this world without the human decency to just kill them. No, he couldn't have guessed they'd ever be free again, so in his mind, he did effectively end their lives for service to his perversions and personal evils. He's a waste of skin and a total burden on everything around him, just to live.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This event should have recieved so much more attention then the Zimmerman trial. This is absolutely disgusting. I think the judge should throw a twister in there and still give him the death penalty.

The 40 counts they dismissed probably had the death penalty attached while the rest didn't.

There goes more of my taxes, being spent on someone who really doesn't deserve to live in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

NO!!!! Give him to someone like me. I have many many ideas for his punishment.

At the very least, he should be put to death.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Something tells me, in your capable hands or the hands of other vets he wouldn't die. Well.. not very quickly anyway, eh?

I have a hunch, if he knew his fate were to be handing over to folks like me or you? He'd tell them to forget the plea himself and give him the State's version of Death Row with bells on.

I hear it can take a long long time for a man to die, in skilled and capable hands. Days...or even weeks, as I've read about such nasty things. I'll bet hours are like days and days, like years. Kinda like those poor girls must have felt.

Imagine..KNOWING..you live for ONLY one purpose. To serve another person....and he can abuse or kill you anytime he feels the whim, with absolutely no chance anyone will know, stop him or interfere in any way. It had to be hell in ways we can never imagine.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree. I would've loved to see this bastard executed. Somehow, someone will get to him in prison. Much like with Jeffrey Dahmer, someone also doing life without parole and nothing to lose would love the title of the man who killed Ariel Castro.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My opinion...Castro getting life in prison without ever getting parole...is more of a punishment than execution.

For the rest of his life...day in and day out...every second he lives...he will live in guilt and shame...with the knowledge that he is a vile human being.

I think that he will have to spend 23 hours a day alone in his cell; and all he will have is his own company; with his own thoughts. He may go completely insane.

edit on 26-7-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Okay... then drop him off on an offshore island with all the supplies to live and wish him well, while setting up automated systems to turn him to pink mist if he leaves the beach, into the water. There, he can contemplate how he's supposed to even find a way to care when he apparently has no capacity for it or even basic empathy and compassion.

Personally, it burns my buns to think taxpayers will be supporting his every need and desire for the rest of his natural life. People live too damn long in prison with medical care now getting to be BETTER than the crap we're offered out here. (when did that happen anyway?? scary times) Anyway.... Find a way to have him live where we, the taxpayers, aren't supporting it and it wouldn't burn me so much.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by macman

Something tells me, in your capable hands or the hands of other vets he wouldn't die. Well.. not very quickly anyway, eh?

I have a hunch, if he knew his fate were to be handing over to folks like me or you? He'd tell them to forget the plea himself and give him the State's version of Death Row with bells on.

I hear it can take a long long time for a man to die, in skilled and capable hands. Days...or even weeks, as I've read about such nasty things. I'll bet hours are like days and days, like years. Kinda like those poor girls must have felt.

Imagine..KNOWING..you live for ONLY one purpose. To serve another person....and he can abuse or kill you anytime he feels the whim, with absolutely no chance anyone will know, stop him or interfere in any way. It had to be hell in ways we can never imagine.

All I can say is YEP!!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

For the rest of his life...day in and day out...every second he lives...he will live in guilt and shame...with the knowledge that he is a vile human being.

While I state you are being naive, it is nice to see someone that has not been jaded or tainted to the true human condition of someone like this POS.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

This disgusting freak got off with his life but at least he will be caged like an animal for the rest of his time on earth. I’m an advocate of the death penalty but I also recognized the miserable existence this guy will have. He will be kept in solitary (for his own safety) with almost no human interaction FOREVER! That’s a lot of time to feel sorry for himself….years of solitude.

I often think about my family members and what I would do if some animal ever attacked and confined them. I know what I will do….he won't make it to the circus trial.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
My opinion...Castro getting life in prison without ever getting parole...is more of a punishment than execution.

I think that he will have to spend 23 hours a day alone in his cell; and all he will have is his own company; with his own thoughts. He may go completely insane.

edit on 26-7-2013 by caladonea because: edit

The judge upon each of Castros appearences has told him to lift his head and face the bench. He is already ashamed. Of being caught.

And only a insane person would subject these women to the torment they had to go through for ten + years.

In cases like this...Macman has it right. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Its very simple this.

No torture, no deals, just the moment the guilty verdict is passed, the convicted man is taken out the back to a sterile room, and shot. On the opposite wall of the room, a door will open, leading directly to a furnace, and the body will be summarily burned away, any remaining teeth and bones crushed in a compactor, and the ashes and remaining enamel from the teeth flushed into the sewer system, to be mixed with the filth that they are familiar with.

No ceremony, no paperwork, no waste of time or money, and in a case this iron clad, no appeals. Just swift death, and swift justice.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Its very simple this.

No torture, no deals, just the moment the guilty verdict is passed, the convicted man is taken out the back to a sterile room, and shot. On the opposite wall of the room, a door will open, leading directly to a furnace, and the body will be summarily burned away, any remaining teeth and bones crushed in a compactor, and the ashes and remaining enamel from the teeth flushed into the sewer system, to be mixed with the filth that they are familiar with.

No ceremony, no paperwork, no waste of time or money, and in a case this iron clad, no appeals. Just swift death, and swift justice.

That sounds good but what if YOU were wrongly convicted? This guy certainly wasn't wrongly convicted but some people are.

I think the justice system works pretty good in America....better than most countries. This guy got off with his life but he's not going to have a pleasurable existence. He's going to have to watch his back (and backside) forever and he will be miserable (as he deserves).

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
He's going to have to watch his back (and backside) forever and he will be miserable (as he deserves).

The big name criminals ... like he is ... are big targets in prisons.
Someone on the inside will want to make a name for themselves with this fella ....

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Nah, take the cost associated with housing this POS, and give him and the money to me.
I can make a life career out of "taking care" of him.

new topics

top topics

join