It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my phone flashing "in use"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What else is weird its only for 8 seconds or so... and you say multiple times a day. Always at the same times, just wondering?

No, not at the exact same times. Usually around 8:45- ish a.m., 2:40 to 3:20 p.m.,once around 8:15 p.m., 10:45 to 11:20-ish p.m. and the latest I have seen it (because I was up) was 1:20-ish a.m. That was when I heard the line 'open' when it was flashing.

Maybe the static thing is the problem? We do have a 'box' in the front of the house at the road where they work on the phone line. No internet by phone, we have wireless, with an antenna and router.

AT&T won't come fix it for free if there is a problem.I use an outside company, Budget Home Phone, for my service. I will probably just call and ask them if they know of a problem. I don't feel very hopeful, tho. The ladies who answer the phones are just over 70 miles from me in Shreveport!! I don't know how 'techie' they are!!

Thanks for your help!!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Thanks for trying to help! If i find out what the deal is, I'll let you know!!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Maybe the static thing is the problem? We do have a 'box' in the front of the house at the road where they work on the phone line.

Yah, call them. They can test your line and eliminate the possibility that its your Vtech phones or not. Or just live with it.

Sorry about the cost. Here in the city they maintain their line in to the house for free.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
If you were concerned because of technical issues you would have used a different site IMO.

But no...you are thinking that you are being watched and listened to because the NSA is out there. Ask yourself, why? Are you important? And if you are indeed a danger to all, why would you be on here talking about it?

So, either you are right and they have you in their cross hairs or your phone needs replacing.

Or...

aw crap, I don't know. Just take the light out.

Peace

Such things are no longer just paranoia with the latest reveal. The fact is that they are watching us all no matter how important or not we are. It is a nice way to datamine so that they can control us sheeps even better in the future and predict our behaviour.

And the OP was just asking questions anyways and even pointed out himself that he thinks there is another reason for the phone behaviour.
edit on 26-7-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Do you have an electric company's "smart meter" newly installed? These work off of radio waves, usually around 400 MHz. It could be a harmonic that's interfering with your phones ability to transmit and possibly keeping the line in an "in use" status while the meter transmits.

If so, call your electric provider and tell them what's happening to your phone and ask them if they would take a look at it. It could be a faulty power meter that took a little too much lightning.
edit on 26-7-2013 by NightFlight because: spellink

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

OMG the NSA is watching you..... Head to the hills, destroy all electronic devices you own and go buy a case of aluminum foil so you can make hats out of it.

Serious now, sounds like your phone could be malfunctioning or, your neighbor somehow ran a wire from your line to theirs and they're using your phone line.

Look on your bill for any calls you didn't make. There is also a chance there is a switch problem with your phone company and a simple phone call to them may resolve the issue.

edit on 26-7-2013 by KnightFire because: typo

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Either a phone is off the hook, someone you live with is using another line, you are hooked up to something else and don't know it, because you are online, so that would mean somehow you must have a filter, or modem hooked into a phone jack somewhere, and filters go bad regularly. Or someone in your building is using your phone line, maybe the wiring is messed up, or perhaps they are stealing your internet connection, even through wifi. If the NSA was listening to you then you would know it, they listen through collection stations, unless you have a wire tap, in which what are they watching you for? Perhaps you aren't telling us your a criminal or they think your a planning something? Or perhaps you are on this sight to much and need to go out and stop being paranoid. If you have nothing to hide who cares if they are "listening" which they probably aren't, so enjoy life, because they won't waist their time on someone who obviously isn't doing anything wrong, to many people to listen to in this country.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join