It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Semitic display at Roger Waters concert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Ok. So what point are you trying to make by telling me this??? Or are you just agreeing with me??? Cause you and I are pretty much saying the same thing.

I started out agreeing with you and then kind of got on a roll.
I have a habit of doing that, using a quote from an earlier post as a start point.

edit on 26-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
Boo f hooo

If you draw Mohammed as a pig than its freedom of speech...

use a giant, pig-shaped balloon emblazoned with a Star of David and symbols of dictatorial regimes and it gets labeled as anti semitic

Oh really ?!

Is that how freedom of speech works ?

Bash Muslims and Christians all you want, but Jews are no go

edit on 25-7-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

When the Jyllands-Posten Muhammed cartoons were printed a few years ago there were riots resulting in more than 200 deaths. Churches were attacked. The cartoonists received numerous death threats and threats of violence. Many of them still have round-the-clock police protection.

So, I think you are seriously deluding yourself if you believe a picture of Muhammed on the pig would have been taken as freedom of speech by some members of the "religion of peace".

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by mOjOm

It's also the world recognised symbol for Zionism too.

Look at an Israeli flag, it is the symbol they chose to represent their so-called state.
It is not as if there were NAZI's pointing a gun at them to make them put that symbol on their flag.
It is the symbol of Zionism.
Being anti-zionism is not Anti-Semitic, even if the zionists want people to think that it is.
It is a symbol of brutal repression, lies, false flag terrorist attacks, ethnic cleansing, and genocide.

I fully accept that it is possible to be anti-Zionist without being anti-Semitic or ant-Jewish. However I find that a lot of bigots like to use the anti-Zionist label as a thin disguise for their blatant hatred of Jews.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
roger waters is an ego maniac and a joke.he sued pink floyd over the name pjnk floyd! it was pink floyd before he even came along. if you arent familiar with syd barrett, google is your friend. there is a reason why the rest of the band wants nothing to do with him. please david gilmore,nick mason,rick wright do one more tour!!! there is no roger waters without pink floyd. there is an awesome pink floyd without roger waters. what does that tell you? if the star of david means anything to waters (which is doubtful) it just means an attempt to draw attention to himself. roger waters is a phony and he is about one inch deep when it comes to anything but himself.
ETA i am a member of the fellowship of christians and jews and stand up for israel, however i despise zionism and wish for a peaceful and equitable solution for jews and palestinians.

edit on 26-7-2013 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Unfortunately Rick Wright died a few years ago, so it's highly unlikely we'll see anything from Pink Floyd again.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary29

I dont know how i missed that,he's the reason I started playing keyboard years ago. F roger waters anyway I'll hold out for a David Gilmore solo show. hmmm maybe I'll throw on a little saucer full of secrets or piper at the gates of dawn. even better opal or the madcap laughs!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary29

I fully accept that it is possible to be anti-Zionist without being anti-Semitic or ant-Jewish. However I find that a lot of bigots like to use the anti-Zionist label as a thin disguise for their blatant hatred of Jews.
I don't personally know "a lot of bigots", so maybe you have a wider base to draw some conclusions from.
My guess is that what you are describing is a hypothetical scenario that conveniently works for zionists, to rally support for the redefining of antisemitism.
I haven't seen any examples of "blatant hatred of Jews" except by characters portrayed by Sacha Baron Cohen, who is of course a British Jewish actor who seems to enjoy making a mockery of supposed fictional bigots.
Years ago while studying Judaism under a local rabbi, I was surprised to find out how much animosity there was between the different sects, and this was not part of a class, but what I witnessed first-hand from people who really had these feelings. Not as bad as what you see between the Islamic sects, where with Jews it doesn't end in violence. But seriously, in the synagogues and temples was where I saw the most of bad feelings about Jews, except for a particular Palestinian who I had a conversation with on the beach who took exception to my rendition of the historical events surrounding the 67 war.
Anyway, as far as zionism goes, I remember the reaction of the rabbi, when the Intifada started, and he was not at all happy by what the Israelis were doing to suppress it, and he was a big Israeli supporter who had gone to school (university) there and was fluent in the official state language. So my perception of right and wrong, I don't think is based on any bigotry, and it took me a lot of years to catch up with the position that the rabbi had, since I was probably myself caught up in a form of zionism, one that was not formed from actually living in Palestine (or what zionists think of as Eretz Israel).
edit on 26-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join