It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Semitic display at Roger Waters concert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

www.ynetnews.com

Pig-shaped balloon with Star of David alongside fascist symbols released during British musician's concert in Belgium. ‘I really love his music,’ says Israeli viewer, 'but this time he crossed the line’
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Toward its end, a black balloon in the shape of a wild pig was released to the sky, on it a Star of David, in the company of symbols of dictatorial organizations and regimes from around the world.

Love the man, his music and his messages..(The wall) was played when the Berlin wall fell, now he shows star of David (instead of soviet red star), I wonder what is going to be..?

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Roger has been on this campaign for a while now. In 2006 he toured the West Bank and before he left he spray painted "we don't need no thought control" on the Israeli's wall.

Last Nov. he addressed the United Nations as a juror on the Russell Tribunal on Palestine.
He is also exploring the idea of releasing a single urging musicians not to perform in Israel.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So, while we dig deep to try and find a way to set aside ancient racial divisions here in the US, it goes on elsewhere... no surprise.

Oh yes, there is Israel and there are the Palestinians and there is a political war going on for the hearts and minds of a world... because both sides know that public opinion counts.

Division is critical... people must be divided... people must be encouraged to take sides because if they don't, they might be inclined to be critical to BOTH sides and we can't have that. History is more than clear that there are NO good guys here... so... you will be led to a position of division.
\

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Good, we need more anti zionist displays

once we get the zionists out of banking only then will things return to normal.

that's the whole start of the hate for zionists.

Rothschild family sent members into several countries to start up banks there was a US film warning against it, there was films in other countries warning against it and speculative banking, the most heinous was of course the Nazi propaganda film The Eternal Jew, but it used portions of film from the US movie on the biography of the Rothschild and how they took over the banks in several countries.

Zionism needs to be stamped out and bankers executed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Could it be that he's protesting Political Zionism rather than the Jewish People themselves??

Consider the other symbols/messages that were with it.

Rogers’ concert took place as part of the music festival in the city of Werchter, and it opened his European tour. Next to the Star of David, on the wild pig balloon, there was also a sign of oil conglomerate Shell, and a graffiti message stating, “Everything will be okay, just keep consuming,” and “What’s wrong with people?

Sounds more like he's speaking out against "consumerism" and "corporatism" to me. Which in many peoples opinion are closely tied to the Zionist movement in it's political form.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There are all kinds of symbols (religious) on that pig, why are the only Israelis feel insulted and react to it? It is like when accusing criminals for their wrong doing they are the only one feeling insulted and reacting accordingly.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
Good, we need more anti zionist displays

once we get the zionists out of banking only then will things return to normal.

that's the whole start of the hate for zionists.

Rothschild family sent members into several countries to start up banks there was a US film warning against it, there was films in other countries warning against it and speculative banking, the most heinous was of course the Nazi propaganda film The Eternal Jew, but it used portions of film from the US movie on the biography of the Rothschild and how they took over the banks in several countries.

Zionism needs to be stamped out and bankers executed.

Zionism is a political movement based on Jewish self-determination, and a Jewish homeland. How do you plan on stamping out an idea?

Execute all the bankers? I know several people who work in banks. They are mothers, fathers, sons and daughters. I find your obvious hatred disturbing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
There are all kinds of symbols (religious) on that pig, why are the only Israelis feel insulted and react to it? It is like when accusing criminals for their wrong doing they are the only one feeling insulted and reacting accordingly.

The links you provided don't have any pictures of the pig. So where are the other religious symbols?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Whatever happens dont let them listen to 'In the flesh'
off 'The wall' album ,that would pretty much offend anyone who is jewish, gay, black,stoned and spotty

edit on 25-7-2013 by 12voltz because: no need

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Video clip of the pig in concert. It's covered in various symbols. Might have to watch it a couple times to pick them all out though.

Link to Video
edit on 25-7-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

This is my interpretation of that song/scene;
As a youth, Pink hated authority, from his teachers to the government who "took his daddy away".
As an adult and wildly popular artist, he became an authority figure himself. This is the inescapable irony that broke him mentally. Or at least one of the "bricks in the wall".

The song you quoted (before your edit) is not Roger's opinion personally, but a demonstration of the messages that had begun to manifest in Pink's music. Some will say that the character of Pink is loosely based on Sid Barrett, nonetheless, it's meant to be an example of how an artist who finds himself in a position of power is prone to becoming authoritarian when it comes to personal opinions and bias.

And the irony continues with Roger's political campaigning. Irony that, I'm sure, is not lost on Mr. Waters

edit on 25-7-2013 by tanda7 because: spacing

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I can see the crossed hammers, hammer and sickle, Shell, a man holding a gun to another man's head, and the Star of David. That's the only religious symbol I can see. It wasn't even an Israeli flag, for that thin veneer of anti-Zionism. It was the world recognised symbol for Judaism. On a pig of all animals. I wonder what would have happened if they'd displayed a crescent moon or other Islamic related pictures?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Boo f hooo

If you draw Mohammed as a pig than its freedom of speech...

use a giant, pig-shaped balloon emblazoned with a Star of David and symbols of dictatorial regimes and it gets labeled as anti semitic

Oh really ?!

Is that how freedom of speech works ?

Bash Muslims and Christians all you want, but Jews are no go

edit on 25-7-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary29
reply to post by mOjOm

I can see the crossed hammers, hammer and sickle, Shell, a man holding a gun to another man's head, and the Star of David. That's the only religious symbol I can see. It wasn't even an Israeli flag, for that thin veneer of anti-Zionism. It was the world recognised symbol for Judaism. On a pig of all animals. I wonder what would have happened if they'd displayed a crescent moon or other Islamic related pictures?

It's also the world recognised symbol for Zionism too. But at this point we're just splitting hairs really and it doesn't make any difference. More to the point I think for anyone who actually listens to the music and understands the message being delivered by Waters and/or Pink Floyd would understand quite clearly the intent. Their message is and has always been against the many forms of manipulation, corruption, and tyranny against people, whatever form it may come in. I think maybe you aren't understanding what he's trying to say but instead are coming to the wrong conclusion based upon your attachment to that symbol. Also, they always use a pig.

I'm sure if they had a crescent moon that Islamic talking heads would be crying and complaining in the same way as others are about this. Once again choosing not to even look beyond their own view point as what is being said, which once again should be understood by actually listening to the music and lyrics. After all in today's world it's impossible not to offend someone whether or not it was intended or not.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

The pig balloon he's been releasing forever i think. However the symbols are new, and it seems one could argue (easily enough) that Israel is an evil regime because of their treatment of Palestinians. I mean they are pretty mucb imprisoned and oppressed (can anyone really argue it)?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary29

Zionism is a political movement based on Jewish self-determination, and a Jewish homeland. How do you plan on stamping out an idea?
I don't see the ADL supporting Christian self-determination or homeland.
The Israelis seem to like to emphasize how Iran is an Islamic state, as if that was not allowed. How is it that a zionist state is then OK?

Execute all the bankers? I know several people who work in banks. They are mothers, fathers, sons and daughters. I find your obvious hatred disturbing.
I wish you were kidding.
Of course no one is talking about those people. The problem is a global banking cartel run oddly enough, by Jews, that seems to be determined on placing the entire world into slavery and stripping every country of its sellable assets. Those are the enemy, the ones who use their self-printed money to buy politicians that go with their agenda and do despicable things like killing a million Iraqis and a half million Syrians as pawns toward their ultimate goal of breaking the back of Iran to take their gold and force them to accept their paper money.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

It's also the world recognised symbol for Zionism too.

Look at an Israeli flag, it is the symbol they chose to represent their so-called state.
It is not as if there were NAZI's pointing a gun at them to make them put that symbol on their flag.
It is the symbol of Zionism.
Being anti-zionism is not Anti-Semitic, even if the zionists want people to think that it is.
It is a symbol of brutal repression, lies, false flag terrorist attacks, ethnic cleansing, and genocide.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Pink Floyd used huge inflatable pigs in their shows for decades. Roger Waters continues to use them in his current shows.
That being said - somebody was clearly being provocative.

It once famously "escaped" in 2008 .......

Roger Waters' Inflatable Pig, Lost During Coachella, Found in Pieces

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by mOjOm

It's also the world recognised symbol for Zionism too.

Look at an Israeli flag, it is the symbol they chose to represent their so-called state.
It is not as if there were NAZI's pointing a gun at them to make them put that symbol on their flag.
It is the symbol of Zionism.
Being anti-zionism is not Anti-Semitic, even if the zionists want people to think that it is.
It is a symbol of brutal repression, lies, false flag terrorist attacks, ethnic cleansing, and genocide.

Ok. So what point are you trying to make by telling me this??? Or are you just agreeing with me??? Cause you and I are pretty much saying the same thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join