It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was asked/told by my Apt.Mgr today to 'Take down my USA Flag'.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Put a Confederate flag in its place.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Put a Confederate flag in its place.

Or the "Don't Tread on Me" snakey flag. Haha!

Joking of course, don't do this for real unless you like living in a cardboard box.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

Tell him to $&@! Off, you have that right!

Move out ASAP!

Jesus. You are weak for a patriot, IMO. You dad would roll over in his grave if he heard you did that. Is he still alive? If so, what's his say?
edit on 25-7-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

If this was a property you owned, and, say the neighborhood home owner's association voiced a complaint, that would be another issue altogether.

All in all, you should be able to fly any darned flag you want. What if you were gay and wanted to fly the rainbow flag, or had friends and/or family that are gay and wanted to show support?
Whatever the case, not being your property, it's best not to go out of ones way to cause trouble.

Some people, however, want to turn everything into a cause, and for those that are reading that would, well, it's a matter of looking for trouble and finding it.
Those that do should maybe try sleeping in their car or a cardboard box or something for a little while as practice for what they might be inviting.
On top of that there's always lease agreements, and if the property gives the boot, they may also sue for remaining months left on lease, keep your deposits and any other unpleasantness they might could get up to.

Personally, I'd prefer not to invite trouble anywhere near where I live.
With apartments, they have keys to your place and all your stuff!!!
I thus recommend, not rocking the boat.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I'm curious now, what flag does he fly?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I would assume that in a city that claims that it is the most American city in the country, you would be able to fly our nations flag. Apparently not.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Stick up a Jolly Rodger. then the next time when he comes to the door dress as a Pirate and say things like "Yaaaar me hearties" Then make him walk the plank right out yer bedroom window whilst poking his butt with a Cutlass..

Or to avoid any hassle, just stick yer Stars and Stripes up in the house.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

I'm sure you know this but in case there is a member that doesn't, An American flag not taken down after a certain time in the evening must have a light on it. It's is a Federal crime not to.

Just a heads up to anyone who might not know. Please do not respond with "I did not know that" or type about it lol.

The Rat.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I can't believe we've come to the point that we have to fly the American flag inside our houses.

If you offend someone by flying our countries flag, send them packing. An eyesore? Are you kidding me?

This is disgusting, the American flag is an icon of freedom.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I completely disagree with their wanting you to take it down. I am all for you hanging it right back up and telling them to prove it to you in the lease agreement that you are not allowed to fly a flag.

But, I thought I would throw this out there. I would recommend you keep it inside and hang it up in there, only because people can be stupid, and if he sees that you've hung it back out, he may be a jerk and decide to destroy it in some way. That would be a sad thing, and I would hate to hear that something like that happened to your father's flag.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
what next take down the christmas trees as they offend certain religions . in the uk if someone complains about a flag the police turn up and tell you to remove it and many bars will not let you in with even your own countrys colours on .

i have a hitler european tour tee -shirt and was told to cover it up on the street one day

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet there's a flag section in the renter's agreement about tenants not flying flags on the apartment complex property.

If the OP fly's the Stars and Stripes, then whats to stop a Mexican tenant from flying the Mexican flag, or a gay tenant from flying the Rainbow flag?

Just looking at it from a different perspective.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are federal laws governing when, where, and how you can fly your flag. I'm all for fighting for my civil rights... I wouldn't have taken it down, but you'd have to accept the drama to follow. I'm the bring it on type. Print up the federal laws for American Flag, display your flag correctly and legally, and hand your landlord the federal laws when he complains again. I'm not even sure that a lease provision denying your right to fly a flag would even be legal. I've had a number of lease provisions (which I signed and agreed to) I've fought, and won. If you won't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything. Good luck my friend.
edit on 25-7-2013 by czechosicilian because: Wanted to put more information into my response.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
tomorrow i think ill go to a McDonald's and tell them to take down the golden arch's.

tryin to clean up 'round here. *lifts belt buckle*

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

hahahahahahhahaaaaaa!! that WAS funny

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So glad to not be a renter, and not live in those HOA naziholes. America has turned into a big joke. Even owning in NY was a pile of horsecrap, I had to go ask the town for permissions to put up a shed, or fence, or deck. What a joke, control freak central man.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

OP, your problem was that it wasn't a(n);
Rainbow Flag
White Flag
Obama Flag
Free Tibet Flag
Save The Striped Gnat Flag
Treyvon Martin Flag
Hillary 2016 Flag

I wonder how many Obama-Fascist-Brownie-Points your landlord got?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity....

The comment about "trying to clean up around here"... Has there been any painting, landscaping, carpentry, window work or any other structural improvements/cleanings where it might be a good idea to bring the flag in?

Without knowing the exact conversation, it's easy to jump to conclusions, as our uber-patriot users have displayed on this thread. They have a bad habit of doing that. Bad Patriots! Bad!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bootyac
It was on an open-air staircase...

Much as I sympathise with you, you simply dont have the MORAL right to hang the flag on *somebody elses property*.
The "open air staircase" could not even be said to be part of the property that you are renting.

edit on 25-7-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Man some people have to turn everything into politics lol.

Its like coffee for you guys.

reply to post by Bootyac

OP, what did he mean about

we are trying to clean up around here'
, was it a temporary cleaning? where your flag is in the way?
edit on 7/25/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join