It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why such large spaces under the signature line?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
On some posts there is a small amount of space under the signature line, on others, this space is very large.. mostly noticed either way on posts that have no signature file.

Just wondering why this happens and to say i find these large spaces very annoying.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I've never been able to figure that out. I've heard different theories but none have been conclusive. If you find a definitive answer please do let me know.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The area for posting is set to the length of your profile (background/avatar) at a minimum. If the post isn't long enough to push the signature line down towards the bottom of that area, you'll end up with a larger space under the bar. Posts longer than the user's background should always have the same standard space underneath the bar.

I'm not sure if that was what you were after.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

This makes sense.

I had wondered about this too!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

The area for posting is set to the length of your profile (background/avatar) at a minimum. If the post isn't long enough to push the signature line down towards the bottom of that area, you'll end up with a larger space under the bar. Posts longer than the user's background should always have the same standard space underneath the bar.

I'm not sure if that was what you were after.

Yup, Zarni nailed it.

And users without the background stretched and showing will not have as "long" of a signature on a short post.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ahhh.. Interesting.

Thanks for the answer Zarniwoop.

top topics

join