It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Lunch Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Help.....Need your input from around the US and the world on the lunch programs at your kids schools.

How many of you use the program and what is the price per lunch meal, I am currently paying $2.25 per meal and they want to raise it to $2.50.

Have any of you out there ever use the Farm to School lunch program, and what are you paying for those meals, we are being told it would cost us $3.50 per meal.

Does anyone know were the food comes from under the Federal Lunch Program, is it one company supplying the food?

I have tried to find answers out but the information must be buried, found the program on line but the vendors list is no-where to be found.

Help and thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Think each school district picks a food vendor on their own. You'll have to ask your school who got this years bid.

[edit] Not sure if I read my son's school thingie right, but this year it is free for them. Something about our school district being a POS and got extra monies from the govt. The lunch bidding is still open for my area.

[edit 2] We don't have Farm to School program here. Guess we aren't 'hick' enough.

edit on 24-7-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

edit on 24-7-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit 2 as above

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Paying $1.95 per lunch this year, in middle school, and high school will be $2.25

I've never heard of the farm to school program.

My kids almost never eat at school. They hate the food, it is unhealthy too.

We make chef salads, chicken wraps, etc. to take to school for lunch.
edit on 24-7-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I always enjoyed school lunches. Too many folks are so picky these days. Wow, still pretty cheap too. You can't even make food at home that cheap, almost. The entitlement generation I suppose.

I'd recommend contacting someone in the school board, and see if they can provide a contact for you. Elected officials, so technically work for you. Make them earn it.

Farm to school program: www.farmtoschool.org...
edit on 25-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join