It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Defenders In The Senate Flip Out Over Amash Amendment To Stop Dragnet Surveillance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Debating it now live on cspan.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The amendment was put to a voice vote and defeated. God bless Amerika

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yea I heard it on radio. The same bull# speech about hindering us and our allies. It's ridiculous. Things like this need to catch mainstream media so the sheep can get behind things like this.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Statement by Amash

"We came close (205-217). If just seven Representatives had switched their votes, we would have succeeded. Thank YOU for making a difference. We fight on to defend liberty."

Damn, that was close

clerk.house.gov...

217 scumbags

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Well it looks to me that the White House and the Democrats are all in favor of the spying on American Citizens.

Which is Ironic considering they threw a fit when Bush was doing the same thing.

I think all elected / appointed government officals should have cameras in their offices, hallways, their personal residences, cars etc that transmits live with audio 24 hours a day.

Whats good for the goose.....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If the are not allowed to collect, what would be the purpose of the two billion dollar complexes now being finished?

If the are not allowed to collect, how will they control the worlds economic direction?

If the are not allowed to collect, the "terrorists win."

Numbers one and two are the most important, but number three will be the reason it all stays.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What people doesn't get in their big heads is that the so call NSA gestapo surveillance is nothing but corporate backed and pay for, yes this corporate American and special interest groups the ones paying the whores in congress to bend over and keep screwing the people in the nation for the corporate interest that pays them.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, my my. More Dems voted for it than Repubs and more Repubs voted against it than Dems.

Ayes R-94 D-111
Nays R-134 D-83

Geez, you should see the comments on Politico and TheHill. I think mutiny among the Repubs is about to explode.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Alexander and Finestein and Chamblis will just trot out that anyone voting for the amendment is "supporting terrorism."Sadly a majority of the country will buy it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What people doesn't get in their big heads is that the so call NSA gestapo surveillance is nothing but corporate backed and pay for, yes this corporate American and special interest groups the ones paying the whores in congress to bend over and keep screwing the people in the nation for the corporate interest that pays them.

What I don't think people get is that the NSA has dirt on everyone in DC why else would the Chief Justice Roberts vote for Obomba care when he wrote the defending argument against it and then switched his vote. The shadow government the people who really run the world has all the dirt on everyone and can and will use it when the time best fits their timetable.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Dianne Feinstein and Saxby Chambliss.

Remember those two names especially, so we can work on some kind of plan to kick em out of the Senate, hopefully never to be heard from again

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Too bad the vote didn't go but there was a lot of support for it. I think I have a built in auto seizure function in my nervous system when anyone mentions the word republican to me. I tend to discard any prominent republicans as hatemongering, woman bashers who want to take away our freedoms, but.. I have been dead wrong here. Amash is the man. .U*P)(*&^&(Jnm sorry...just had another seizure. It's going to take a while to reprogram my brain. I need a new mantra...it's only the ones on Fox and Talk radio and a half the ones in congress....maybe that will help. "They're not all like Hannity and Limbaugh...they're not all like Hannity and Limbaugh....They're...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It would be interesting to see thelist of "no" voters including how much each received in political donations from the likes of BAE, MITRE, Boeing, Raytheon etc. How much you wanna bet that more of that money went to the "no" voters?

Is anyone here able to gather that info? Not sure where to start myself but that would make a GREAT post!!!

And 12 scumbags that did not vote:
Barletta
Beatty
Bustos
Campbell
Coble
Herrera Beutler
Horsford
McCarthy (NY)
Negrete McLeod
Pallone
Rokita
Schock

Just losers. Fire them
edit on 25-7-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Hmmm... maybe... but are you saying the NSA is for Obamacare?? What's your logic?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Too bad the vote didn't go but there was a lot of support for it. I think I have a built in auto seizure function in my nervous system when anyone mentions the word republican to me. I tend to discard any prominent republicans as hatemongering, woman bashers who want to take away our freedoms, but.. I have been dead wrong here. Amash is the man. .U*P)(*&^&(Jnm sorry...just had another seizure. It's going to take a while to reprogram my brain. I need a new mantra...it's only the ones on Fox and Talk radio and a half the ones in congress....maybe that will help. "They're not all like Hannity and Limbaugh...they're not all like Hannity and Limbaugh....They're...

And from what I understand, folks like Alan Grayson arent finished with the NSA issue. Also Ron Wyden and Amash continue to press the privacy issues as they have been doing for years. Yes, theres hope!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

What purpose does it serve to not vote?! I never understood this unless you are opposed on both fronts, but this is a pretty cut and dry situation. This is why I am getting my academic "degrees" so that I can have the credibility to back me when I come after so many of these ingrates. I grow weary of corruption, lazy humans voting in lazy and selfish humans to control the many aspects of their daily lives. We need to take back what is ours.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 8bitPaladin

In this day of high tech, they surely can get a vote in no matter where they are. I don't get it either. With all the responsibility they are bestowed with, to voice their constituents wants and needs, it should be criminal to not participate. Gets me mad thinking about it...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitPaladin

What purpose does it serve to not vote?! I never understood this unless you are opposed on both fronts, but this is a pretty cut and dry situation. This is why I am getting my academic "degrees" so that I can have the credibility to back me when I come after so many of these ingrates. I grow weary of corruption, lazy humans voting in lazy and selfish humans to control the many aspects of their daily lives. We need to take back what is ours.

Not voting has many purposes, in this case it's a way of being able to say to their constituents that they didn't vote for the bill while also being able to say to the more security minded of them that they didn't vote against it. By doing nothing they can claim they did both. It's a purely political move that happens quite frequently.

If a revolution ever comes though, by not voting they'll be seen as collaborators.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by xavi1000

It would be interesting to see thelist of "no" voters including how much each received in political donations from the likes of BAE, MITRE, Boeing, Raytheon etc. How much you wanna bet that more of that money went to the "no" voters?

Is anyone here able to gather that info? Not sure where to start myself but that would make a GREAT post!!!

And 12 scumbags that did not vote:
Barletta
Beatty
Bustos
Campbell
Coble
Herrera Beutler
Horsford
McCarthy (NY)
Negrete McLeod
Pallone
Rokita
Schock

Just losers. Fire them
edit on 25-7-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

Cowards is more like it.

I wonder how it feels to sell out your Country.

I hope they sleep well....They know what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

It is so funny to me that individuals are so unbelievable selfish that they find political stability much more important then silly little things like "human rights" and a general sense of "honor" to ones country and its peoples. Our politicians are a group of children scrambling for the marbles that got loose because the bag ripped open. We need to slap their hand and tell them to fix the bag, pick up the marbles later.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join