It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan plant admits radioactive water leaked to sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

TOKYO (AP) A Japanese utility has said its crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is likely to have leaked contaminated water into sea, acknowledging for the first time a problem long suspected by experts. Experts have suspected a continuous leak since the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant was ravaged by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

visit link
We all knew that this was a fact not a rumor , but now it has been confirmed .
I hope all nuclear power plants will be upgraded or shut down, these types of accidents could be a threat to life as we know it

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

I guess the sushi is off the menu then

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

That news was made public the day it happened 2 years ago.

Why are they making light of it now?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just pump loads of iodine into the sea it will make the water taste like crap but should get rid of the radiation.
edit on 22-7-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Just pump loads of iodine into the sea it will make the water taste like crap but should get rid of the radiation.
edit on 22-7-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

That won't really help.

They give people iodine pills when they are going to be in areas that are contaminated with radioactive iodine. The iodine pills load the thyroid gland up with non-radioactive iodine, so the body doesn't sequester radioactive iodine in the thyroid gland. This prevents the person from getting thyroid cancer.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
HEre's a couple more links:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

...TEPCO had said, however, that it cannot make any final judgment because it has not accumulated necessary data.

The utility says the level of radioactive tritium has been rising near an embankment at the plant's port...

www.abc.net.au...

...Now the company has admitted that radioactive water from the site has leaked into the sea, although a spokesman insists the impact on the ocean will be limited.

Earlier this month TEPCO revealed that groundwater samples taken at the Fukushima plant showed that levels of radioactive caesium had increased by more than 100 times in just a few days.

The company acknowledged that it had no explanation for the soaring figures...

One says tritium, the other mentions caesium...not sure if that indicates anything, but it struck me as a bit odd, I am sure that we have enough nuke capable folks around here to clear up any confusion if there is any...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My understanding is all the big tuna they have tested in the North Pacific is contaminated with Fukishima radiation. The Fukishima meltdown will take generations to clean up.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its quite obvious water would be irradiated...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Think food chain and you get the point.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just found a new article about this over on RT earlier, thought I'd share for anyone interested.

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Never understood why they cant just build a nuclear power plant 1000s of feet below the earths surface like in an old mine shaft etc. and least if anything goes wrong you could just fill the entrance in and quarantine it.

new topics

top topics

join