It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News uses photo of Obama speech about Zimmerman to incite hate over economic address...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
It's the context in which the picture was taken that incites the hate.

OOOOOOOHH ... now I get what you are thinking. I don't think you are correct in the assumption of 'inciting hate' but now I can see how you are thinking and putting the two together.

Do you understand now?

I understand that YOU think it's inciting hate. But I can't see it doing that. Here's why ...

- Do you really think that Obama's statement about the Zimmerman trial incited hate? People either already like or dislike Obama. Nothing he said was going to bring people to him or push people away. People already have made up their minds about him. The Zimmerman statement isn't going to change people one way or the other.

- There are TONS of pictures of Obama out there ... tons of them. Americans aren't going to connect this picture of Obama with anything. To Americans .. it's just another picture of Obama flapping his gums and making a statement about whatever .... Most don't even pay attention to him anymore. And I'd bet a box of donuts that 99% of the people wouldn't know (or care) where the picture of Obama is from.

Like I said .. he looks presidential .. he's in a suit .. he's not got a strange look on his face ...
it's just a stock picture of Obama. I"m not seeing 'hate'.
I now understand why YOU are making a connection .. but I don't think 99% of Americans would.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

At this point, there is no need for pictures to incite hatred for 0bama. He is doing that all on his own.

And as for the whole "he should adopt all Conservative Policies" statement? I welcome that. I would love to see you proven wrong.............again................here on ATS.

But, isn't that your end goal anyways?? To have a country filled with feel good do nothings?? So, why not push for that???

There is this statement that comes to mind, in regards to you and others like you. Doth protest too much.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

What has the Prez done to "expand manufacturing" in this country? Let's see, he presided over a bailout of the auto industry... that's gone so well that Detroit is still going bankrupt. What else has he done? Oh yes, he strengthened Unions, which is more of the reason why manufacturing is messed up in this country. People no longer take pride in a job well done, but instead take as much down time as they can on the job. I saw it when I worked temporarily for a very large corporation. I literally had people telling me to just chill for the last half hour of a shift. Not a one of them stood up for me in the end.
Let's see, he presided over forced purchase of an insurance product. Let's see how that has gone? Premiums went up immediately and employers are dropping out of insurance programs like flies.
Let's see. How about the tax base? He immediately tried to sack small business owners by raising taxes on anyone making over $250,000 annually.
The first two years of his Presidency, I saw more businesses along the main tourist strip in Orlando fold up than I ever saw in my whole lifetime. I saw major chains closing down extra locations.
Nothing he has done has been to improve business in the US.

However, he did give American tax dollars to promote a foreign oil company in Petrobas, a nationalized oil company.
Businesses are not hiring because they are unsure of what is going to come in the future. People are being conservative with their cash. Unemployment is the highest it's been since the Great Depression. This administration is cracking down on business even more with stupid regulations and Agenda 21 demands for "cleaner energy". Obama attacked the coal industry, interfered directly with American offshore drilling, and the environmentalists opposed the coal industry in Montana. They are attacking the production of natural gas supplies through opposition to fracking with bogus claims.
I have no incentive to listen to anything he says.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If you haven't noticed the seething, mouth foaming, unbridled RAGE hate for absolutely every single thing this president dares to do, speak, think,

Um yah, not that people didn't do that for Bush Jr and even portraying him as a monkey to ridicule. Goes two ways.
Some people do not want to see our country go the way of the Marxist. Is that so hard to understand?

I'm not sure what you think is wrong with the photo. I mean it has a pic of Obama looking all Presidential with the flag and typical Presidential background. Even the article states material was taken from the AP. There is nothing wrong with the article.
If you want spin from evil minds, just try some commentary from Ed Schultz.
edit on 24-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What has the Prez done to "expand manufacturing" in this country? Let's see, he presided over a bailout of the auto industry... that's gone so well that Detroit is still going bankrupt.

The auto industry isn't Detroit. GM may be headquartered in Detroit, but they aren't the city.

What else has he done? Oh yes, he strengthened Unions, which is more of the reason why manufacturing is messed up in this country.

Hard to disagree with you there, Unions are an aging dinosaur, that only hurt the people in the long run.

Let's see, he presided over forced purchase of an insurance product. Let's see how that has gone? Premiums went up immediately and employers are dropping out of insurance programs like flies.

That's free enterprise baby. Can't blame the president for what a private company does with their prices.

Let's see. How about the tax base? He immediately tried to sack small business owners by raising taxes on anyone making over $250,000 annually.

And yet, he still signed to extend the bush era tax cuts.

Businesses are not hiring because they are unsure of what is going to come in the future.

That's cause businesses are afraid of doing something called business, instead they want tax break after tax break after tax break. They work their employees harder, longer and for less pay, making the company more money and more money, but they don't want to pay their fair share of the tax burden. Instead they want to hide that money overseas so they don't have to pay a dime in taxes anyway.

Obama attacked the coal industry, interfered directly with American offshore drilling, and the environmentalists opposed the coal industry in Montana. They are attacking the production of natural gas supplies through opposition to fracking with bogus claims.
I have no incentive to listen to anything he says.

Yea the BP oil spill was such a scam.

Tap water that catches FIRE is good for you right?

Some people do not want to see our country go the way of the Marxist. Is that so hard to understand?

Yea, it is hard to understand, because Obama isn't a Marxist, he's a Corporatist Oligarch. There's a major difference.

I'm not sure what you think is wrong with the photo. I mean it has a pic of Obama looking all Presidential with the flag and typical Presidential background. Even the article states material was taken from the AP. There is nothing wrong with the article.

It was a psychological ploy, using the recent statements by Obama that outraged the right (like every statement that Obama makes outrages the right) The photo itself isn't the real issue, it's the caption of that photo. The psychological effect it had was to force people who already didn't like the president to immediately hate the idea presented in the article without looking at it on it's merits.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Tap water that catches FIRE is good for you right?

Yeah, because that wasn't shown to be a load of BS or anything.
Maybe get your stuff straight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join