It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Know Someone Who

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Has recently developed golf ball sized lumps (possibly neck area?) The past few months I know of three people in my area who have developed lumps in neck. One person my uncle already knows it's cancer and has already been prescribed like six weeks of chemo. Another is basically a co-worker I see everyday. I only heard he has a big lump and is scared to get it checked at the moment. Another is word of mouth says again "guy with big lump on neck."

Just here to see if anyone else might have strange coincidence like this?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A lot of travelers from the NW United States have told me stories of skyrocketing cancer rates in their hometowns.

If I were you but I'm not I would suggest taking iodine just for the sake of suggesting something.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
A lot of travelers from the NW United States have told me stories of skyrocketing cancer rates in their hometowns.

If I were you but I'm not I would suggest taking iodine just for the sake of suggesting something.

I'd hate to say that if people are already being treated for cancer then it is likely to late for iodine.

To answer the question in the OP, no I have not heard of any recent cases described as such. My uncle had one many years ago when I was a boy.

Oh crap I didn't even realize this was under "Crisis in Japan".....yes, way tooooooo late for iodine.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is something fitting that description called GOITER. I'd suspect too that since that area is full of LYMPH NODES, it could be cancer or lymphoma.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

perhaps you would be well advised to look closer to home?

Pennsylvania's Nuclear Power Plants

google maps maps.google.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus
reply to post by Mailman

perhaps you would be well advised to look closer to home?

Pennsylvania's Nuclear Power Plants

google maps maps.google.com...

I live within 15 miles of one of those on the list.

Thankfully, no lumps in my throat! But you would be correct, if he is from Pa then the issue would be more local. If anyone is being impacted in the US by Japan's nuclear fallout it is the west coast.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes

I live in Washington state and it is soooo ironic that I stumbled across this thread this morning (oh, I guess it's afternoon now
) - just yesterday at work, a few of us were having a conversation that started with: "Is it just me, or does it seem like more and more people around here are getting cancer lately...".

Seriously. Seceral cases of cancer just in my circle recently. My brother (brother-in-law actually, but he was the brother I never had) just died from pancreatic cancer on April 12th...he was only 4 days older than me. Another friend of mine who is a year younger was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Someone at work who doesn't smoke is currently battling lumps in his lungs, etc etc. I could probably fill a post with names, but you get my point.

I suppose it could just be that as you grow older (I'm 48), more and more people around you die...but still I can't help but see the increase in cancer around here in the time since Fukishima and wonder if there's a correlation. Perhaps I really should look into the iodine thing for me and my family...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Of course, it's all completely related to Fukushima.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto
Of course, it's all completely related to Fukushima.
Glad we got that settled. One in four Americans was getting cancer before Fukushima, but of course none of those cases were due to Fukushima. And it's still about 1 in four getting cancer but now they are suddenly all due to Fukushima.

Seriously though, some Americans could get eventually get Fukushima-related cancer if some of the no safe threshold theories are right which is far from proven, but it would probably take at least a decade for the cumulative effect to be sufficient in most cases, so it's a little early to be blaming any cancers in America on Fukushima. I personally have my doubts about the no safe threshold theories, but until more scientific evidence is presented, there are a lot of unknowns about what a "safe" exposure level is.

According to the EPA, radon gas is your biggest threat, so get your radon levels in your house checked, if you haven't done so.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join