It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk thinks he can get you from NY to LA in 45 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

(CNN) -- Elon Musk wants to revolutionize transportation. Again. The serial entrepreneur envisions a future where mag-lev trains in enormous pneumatic tubes whisk us from Los Angeles to New York in 45 minutes. Need to be in Beijing tomorrow? No problem. It's a two-hour ride away. As crazy as it sounds, Musk is merely updating an idea that's been around since the early 1900s, and at least one company is working on a functional prototype. But according to Wired sources, his involvement won't be nearly as hands-on as Musk's other endeavors at Tesla Motors and SpaceX

Source
edit on 19-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Wow! I am thrilled to death that this is coming! I wish the world would stop fighting wars that cost millions of lives and trillions of dollars and instead focus efforts on projects like this that will bring the world together.

Focusing on space travel as a global initiative to colonize the Moon and Mars etc would be great as well.

I am so excited about this. I could go home to the Midwest USA from Vancouver, Canada and have lunch with my Mom every day if I wanted! What would it feel like to be going 4000 mph? You could eat breakfast in China, play golf in Florida and then be home for dinner with the love of your life in Portland, Oregon! Holy Moley! This is the coolest project I have seen in 20 years.

How do you think this will influence togetherness of the planet? When you can be anywhere on the planet in just a few hours where would you go more often? This is exactly what the world needs. It costs 1/4 as much to build these as it does a highway! Enough said. Lets do it!

edit on 19-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: fixed caps

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

Wow! I am thrilled to death that this is coming! I wish the world would stop fighting wars that cost millions of lives and trillions of dollars and instead focus efforts on projects like this that will bring the world together.

How do you think this will influence togetherness of the planet? When you can be anywhere on the planet in just a few hours where would you go more often? This is exactly what the world needs. It costs 1/4 as much to build these as it does a highway! Enough said. Lets do it!

edit on 19-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: fixed caps

Unfortunately I don't think we're ready to use anything this positive to enhance ourselves as a species.

The only ones allowed at first will be the elite because of the cost and the ability to use yet one more tool to keep us under their thumbs. . And then Military/Govt. would use it to move troops around at break neck speeds for war.

Nope...I don't see anything positive coming out of this until mankind stops all their crap.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've heard theories that these kind of tubes already exist for 50 years. I have never seen definitive evidence that tubes connect the DUMBs around the nation. Is there any proof that the gvmt already uses these other than the b/w photo of a big drill?
I'm sure if these are that cheap to make and are that efficient the military would already have them. This project is intended for civilians.
edit on 19-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
45 minutes from NY to LA plus about 4 hours for 'security' probably...

At least with Elon involved it stands a chance of actually happening.
edit on 20/7/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes, but I want them to actually pull out of their underground stuff, the teleportation, opening portals, for that is where its really at. We should be in a free world, without scarsity, where a child can go to school, lets say in Japan or Italy (of course all toxins would be cleaned up AND they have the techology), and you could all meet after school for dinner on the beach in France and stay overnight at a friends in New Zealand. That is the world that needs to be, clean high technology and training learning for all people, and abundance for all.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I thnk it's an awesome idea, but think that we'll have too many problems in the coming decades to be putting much interest in such exotic modes of transportation.

The company has been around for a while, and I've enjoyed their videos, but don't think it's going to happen due to the destruction we've already done to the planet. The need for high preceision in these tracks won't be made feasible considering all the damage we're causing to the environment.

Hope I'm proven incorrect.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well as far as the cost goes Musk believes that he can finance this with cost per ticket of half or less of what a current planet ticket for the same distance would cost. This would be for an initial project say between LA and San Francisco.... Intercontinental might never follow but it would still make sense for planes to cover the intercontinental gaps with continental travel then being done in this way...

Stellar

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Sounds like he's wanting to reinvent the wheel.

Or . . . being tasked with surfacing . . . in a manner of speaking . . . what's already long been in use.

what the elite and their military gophers have been using between DUMBs for many years.

(DUMB = DEEP UNDERGROUND MILITARY BASE)

Search Dennis Balthaser and his research into such.

new topics

top topics

join