It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help me find paradise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hello ats'ers,
So I've been thinking on living in the wild off the land for a short period of time like 2-3 months, for my spiritual journey. But the only problem I have is deciding where to go in the U.S. I'm looking for a place that has lots of wooded lands, and good enough resources on the land and of course some type of water system like rivers or lakes. Also I wouldn't want to be seen by any other people so I would have to go off the beaten trails. P.S if their are laws against it that's fine I'm not the type of person that follow laws real good.

If anyone can help me find my paradise I will greatly appreciate it(: future thanks to everyone..

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well if you dont "follow Laws real good" then maybe the Paradise you search will involve Bubba, a jail cell and oatmeal as a lubricant...Best of Luck..S

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I do obey most laws due to my moral beliefs. I'm more talking about illegal hunting and fishing and building a small home if that land doesn't allow it for survival purposes.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ConfusedPeasant

Have you ever tried living in the wilds all on your own. Have you ever built a house, even a small one...
it's not something i would consider, but i have a feeling it's gonna be one of those.. "sounded like a good idea at the time" things, but by all means go for it, preferably somewhere closer to home first.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I have in the local woods in my town. A couple of friends and I built a simple log cabin. Lasted lil over a month before group of kids found it I'm guessing and threw parties in it and ruined it a little. But we knew it was only a matter of time before something would happen. And I wouldn't be going alone I would be with 2 others. Which we always do survival type things and practice our skills when we get the chance too.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
When I read your post I *immediately* thought about the movie "Into the Wild".

www.imdb.com...

if you have not seen this movie, you MUST do so, take my word. You might learn something.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You can live in any national forest for up to three months before having to move on.

Then you just move to another forest and set up camp.

Or just re-enter the same forest and set up camp.

Or just tell the ranger "ok" and just keep on camping.

Live up in the beautiful northern forests in the summer and migrate to the southern forests for the winters.

Make sure to "check in" with society at least once a year at Burning Man in the black rock national forest.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
dude

edit on 18-7-2013 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Thank you very much didn't know that you can do that at national parks for that long. And not sure what burning man is but I will look it up.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Oh yah I've seen that one, (started my inspiration) amongst many others like alone in the wild,

edit on 19-7-2013 by Gazrok because: Fixed vid link

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They have a lot of state and federal land up here in the Upper Peninsula. Don't be burning down our woods though. They have regulations on wilderness camping in these areas, but they are mostly to leave the area like you found it. I'm sure there might be rules online under Michigan.gov. You won't be alone out in those woods though, there are lots of skeeters this year.
Lots of blueberries and raspberries this year. Lots of sugar plums. You could actually get a little fat roughing it out there this year.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why not do it and get paid.

Workamping might be something you want to try if you need to get away from it all (well, most of it). You do have to wear a uniform while on duty, but don't think they pee test people if you are into that sort of stuff.

If not, GA has some of the most "It's my property, let me do what I want" relaxed laws I've ever seen. Just make sure you purchase the ground (water, mineral, whatever) rights so you can dig a well, mine or whatever those rights cover.

It's Number 9 so far.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Avoid parks where it SNOWS....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yah I don't think I would want to do it in the freezing cold of winter. Yet.

And nice picture by the way.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As a few othere have said I'd check the laws on livng for long periods in the wild...

But regards your question ...

Anywhere with flowing water...wood land...and few people to bother you .

new topics

top topics

join