It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronal mass ejection heading toward Earth - Canada...Look Out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hephalump

Ok, thanks. That answer was fast. Got to love ATS

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If anyone can capture some great photos please post some so we can get a sneak preview.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I live in Labrador, Canada so the Northern Lights are a part of life here, if the skies are clear tonight I will try to take some photos and post them! Even though I have seen them all my life they never get old! I have seen some amazing colours, I love to watch them dance!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

thanks for the heads up! I'm on the East coast and we've been under somewhat of a heatwave as of late (ya, we actually get warm weather in Canada) and the skies have been, but for last nights severe storms, completely clear, think I'll grab a beer and sit out on the deck tonight.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As we are looking at the skies what do you think to this cloud?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Pardon me for asking and perhaps..being a little blunt.. but what are they talking about?

The top one is where you see Solar Flares register and get the M / X strength readings the media reports. Everything has been pretty quiet here lately? The lower one is just a composite of several feeds and generally shows activity/energy levels in space for planning and protection on events.

I hadn't seen a strength rating on this either? Any other info available?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Damn that's nice man thanks!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Northern lights. It's on my 'bucket list' to see them. I have no control over when they happen though. It seems that when ever there are northern lights in our area, it's always raining or cloudy. Maybe this time it'll be different ...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yah CME's are really not a huge deal. I mean they definitely could be for electronics but they would never harm us as humans with the exception of astronauts, a CME could expose an astronaut in space unprotected to deadly radiation. I actually am pretty sure if you look it, up one of the earlier Apollo missions to the moon for landing didnt go as planned because there was a CME headed their way and if it got there while they were on the surface it would have killed them. I live in NJ i just wish i could see some lights tonight i cant though i already checked, my area needs a level 7 intensity to be visible tonight only a 5.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

J's on my feet.. An I never seen the northern lights or whatever but in Mississippi there has been some cool looking green lights in the sky at night time. Looks a little different than th pics I've seen here though.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamkgonz
Yah CME's are really not a huge deal. I mean they definitely could be for electronics but they would never harm us as humans with the exception of astronauts, a CME could expose an astronaut in space unprotected to deadly radiation. I actually am pretty sure if you look it, up one of the earlier Apollo missions to the moon for landing didnt go as planned because there was a CME headed their way and if it got there while they were on the surface it would have killed them. I live in NJ i just wish i could see some lights tonight i cant though i already checked, my area needs a level 7 intensity to be visible tonight only a 5.

i wouldnt be so sure of that. high energy particles dont play friendly with dna and we kinda have that all over in our body. most major evolution periods throughout history have radiation traces around that time so its not impossible for it to reach us. especially seeing as how a small number of high energy particles blast completely through our atmosphere and straight through our planet every single day. when there is that many of them and a hole in our protective layer something is bound to go through. i wouldnt want to be outside in that area i know that much.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
reply to post by MadMax7

J's on my feet.. An I never seen the northern lights or whatever but in Mississippi there has been some cool looking green lights in the sky at night time. Looks a little different than th pics I've seen here though.

those green lights in the sky might actually be the northern lights in a sense. back when i lived in michigan and there were some good solar storms the northern lights dipped down to where i was and they didnt have any of the fancy colors but we got the green ones which was way better than nothing. i was hoping for the full on northern lights but hey ill take what i can get.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thanks! Another mystery demystified. ...My phone and TV went out yesterday, thought I was cut off because I hadn't paid my bill. Turns out it was 'the network' but I made a payment anyway. lol

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I go to Youtube to suspicious0bservers to see the solar and weather every day .....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They're cool. I saw them many years ago when I drove from Virginia to Alaska....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

yup I do the same.... is a great channel for learning how to read all the space weather related data and keeping up on current events

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I haven't seen any lights outside yet...have you?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChehystPewpur

Originally posted by DarkNite
reply to post by MadMax7

those green lights in the sky might actually be the northern lights in a sense. back when i lived in michigan and there were some good solar storms the northern lights dipped down to where i was and they didnt have any of the fancy colors but we got the green ones which was way better than nothing. i was hoping for the full on northern lights but hey ill take what i can get.

Yeah, I've seen them in Oklahoma. But they were more orange than anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

So you've seen them in Oklahoma? I really have no clue but Isn't this unusual for the US?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by smurfy

Pics or it didn't happen

Here's one pic for the 17th, you'll find it in the NL gallery at Spaceweather.com

Bangor Co Down, is approx 32 miles north of my location and also on the east coast.
edit on 24-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

<< 1   >>

join