It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Snowden, Booz Allen Wins Navy Cyber Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

After Snowden, Booz Allen Wins Navy Cyber Work

blogs.wsj.com

Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. was one of 13 companies to win part of a $900 million contract to provide the U.S. military with support for its expanding cyber operations, the Defense Department announced Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What?

Let me wrap my head around this. Booz Allen Snowdens 'former employer' wins a government contract to provide the US military support for expanding cyber operations?

WHAT?

Booz Allen which everyone should admit is about as inept as they come get's a new government gig?

Geezus. this is dumbfounding how the hell is this even possible?

Booz Allen get's $5.76 billion dollars in the 'defense business'. ??

They should go bankrupt as they are clearly incompetent for government work er wait my bad incompetence is clearly a required/desired trait for government work.

Sorry but true.

Bet not a single thing has changed at Booz Allen nothing at all their
lackadaisical security screenings, their abject failure of what real 'security' means.

blogs.wsj.com

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess this is why Government has SO much failure in it's efforts and people. It rewards it so well and so consistently, who'd want to aspire to anything else?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is insane! The first time its a mistake, the second time its a choice.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Don't know why we're so surprised anymore, i'm not.

This time is the rise and fall of America as we knew it and the transition period of now and it's replacement with a ruthless Technocratic oligarchy that can use all of these constructs to the fullest extent of their abilities to root out any and all opposition. From that point it just expands endlessly until someone can fight it.
You should vote instead they'll ya.

The world needs an ongoing social revolution to defeat the ideas behind it before it ever goes physical out of necessity.

I really don't mean to derail neo's thread in such a manner but every time I read something like this about expanding cyber "security" knowing full well the implications into the future are just nightmarish, it feels like an obligation to speak something about it takes over me.
edit on 17-7-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
After Snowden...Booz Allen was probably one of the cheaper bids.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You under estimate the power of hookers and blow.

Applied to the right congressmen. Anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well lets focus on Bradley Manning. We can't blame the US Army for it now can we? Snowden is the most recent case. What about the many from the past with several different organizations and branch of services? I'm not a fan of BA but as someone suggested, they could have been re-awarded after a significant cutback in the bidding price since the snowden fiasco. Regardless of the security structure, someone at somepoint has to have full access to the system simply because it is required to perform technical work (upgrades, configuration changes, maintenance etc etc) on a system be it database or operating system. I'm just wondering if Snowden was working onsite or offsite as a contractor. It makes a big difference. Several companies have facility clearances so that the contractor/employees can work remotely on government projects. Scary IMO regardless of the sensitivity of the systems/data. Ofcourse they should perhaps implement physical security and/or checkpoints along with scanners at their facilities to ensure employees are not bringing their own equipment to work to steal/copy information onto. The rest is pretty much cyber security initiatives.
edit on 17-7-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Okay...So where does this leave Snowden....hmmm....has this all been a setup....Is Snowdon Really a plant....

Is this a case of showing necessity.

The whole world has gone insane there Is no bringing it back.....We can now declare Conspiracy as being completely bonkers.

something is afoot I can feel it.....looks forward to G4S next big gig after failure after failure.

edit on 033131p://f36Wednesday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 033131p://f38Wednesday by plube because: FFS (Fat Finger Sydrome)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
something does not feel right about this snowden case he has not told anything new that was already out there .

not heard a peep about bradley manning lately maybe its all smoke and mirrors to deflect attention .

but maybe it was to gage how people would react to being spied on well it worked they do not care .

any mass marches on washington or london or paris nuh eat your pizza drink your beer and go back to sleep .

the goverment loves ya

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Well lets focus on Bradley Manning. We can't blame the US Army for it now can we?

I can for an organization that is supposedly all about OPSEC seems to me they need to practice what they preach.

Same way Booz Allen is incompetent they both are.

NATSEC national security well they need to practice it or just call it what it is

National Insecurity.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
You under estimate the power of hookers and blow.

Applied to the right congressmen. Anything is possible.

I put that on my Christmas list to Santa Claus. All I got was the Victoria Secret catalog.

From the first time I heard about Snowden, I thought something didn't feel right.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
but maybe it was to gage how people would react to being spied on well it worked they do not care .

And that is exactly what I think this whole Snowden affair has been about. And Booze Allen's latest contract is probably pre-negotiated for using their name & employee for the intentional leak.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

I agree, people voting and supporting DNC and RNC picked candidates is insane.

Gov't hiring BAH again , not so much insane but predictable. BAH spends vast amount of money in lobbying, and hiring/recruiting high level gov't officials after their retirement or resignations from the public sector. Rub my back and I will rub your back . Pretty simple and straight forward motive: MONEY.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by geobro

And that is exactly what I think this whole Snowden affair has been about. And Booze Allen's latest contract is probably pre-negotiated for using their name & employee for the intentional leak.

In order to believe that , you would have to believe that the gov't is scared of the voters or their opinions . From their actions and demonstrations of being more slick than my best non stick frying pan, I don't think they care.

Nor did they not know that the public is distracted enough to not care about being spied on as its being demonstrated. Nor are they concerned about altering the public opinion if it has to.

The only thing I'm seeing and is sticking out to me about this is : Putins hesitation to not FULLY throw this at Americas Face and request not to harm America or its relations with America?

Putin does not appear to me as the roll over type nor the type to show the world that he cares about his dependence with America. Him not wanting to displease America smells far more fishy to me than Snowdens motives.

Makes you wonder if World conflict is artificially made around the world and each countries higher ups are in cahoots with each other. Crazy idea I know.

edit on 17-7-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I fully believe they are not scared of the voters. Why should they be?

This type of information has been slow leaking for years. The only two groups that gave a hoot about it was conspiracy theorist & geeks. The average person didn't care, so it's not like it was a big gamble.

----

Just saw your edit....

When Snowden first arrived in Russia I believed that was an intentional move to help kick off a new Cold War. But with Putin's recent reactions, I'm not sure what to make of it.

edit on 17-7-2013 by OneisOne because: Add for reply edit.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Things that make you go hmmm...

You know...I've always had a little voice in my head that said this whole Snowden thing was a set up from the start. Seeing this information really makes me think they leaked the Prism stuff on purpose, to gauge public response.

Since the outcry has been..well smaller than non issues with Zimmerman for example, I would think they are feeling pretty damn good about themselves right now.

Snowden IMO was just a scape goat for a planned and successfully executed government propaganda campaign.

The even repealed the Propaganda Laws recently.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by interupt42

I fully believe they are not scared of the voters. Why should they be?

This type of information has been slow leaking for years. The only two groups that gave a hoot about it was conspiracy theorist & geeks. The average person didn't care, so it's not like it was a big gamble.

Thats my point. I don't think this was purposely leaked in order to get the people use to being spied on. They already are. If anything this leak just reinforced that Americans don't care about privacy and I don't think they had to go through that trouble to validate it.

IMO I think Snowden acted on his own and falsely assumed that he could get asylum from USA known adversaries. However, the real story for me is that the Adversaries are cooperating with our gov't.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

What?

Let me wrap my head around this. Booz Allen Snowdens 'former employer' wins a government contract to provide the US military support for expanding cyber operations?

WHAT?

Booz Allen which everyone should admit is about as inept as they come get's a new government gig?

Geezus. this is dumbfounding how the hell is this even possible?

Booz Allen get's $5.76 billion dollars in the 'defense business'. ??

They should go bankrupt as they are clearly incompetent for government work er wait my bad incompetence is clearly a required/desired trait for government work.

Sorry but true.

Bet not a single thing has changed at Booz Allen nothing at all their
lackadaisical security screenings, their abject failure of what real 'security' means.

blogs.wsj.com

Connections and context ...
oathkeepers.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Facts:
F1. Snowden releases documents presented as detrimental to America.
F2. Snowden is Still alive.
F3. Snowden is not in the clear as of yet.
F4. Americas adversaries haven't cleared Snowden as of yet.
F5. The released information hasn't been really detrimental to America.
F6. The media has been playing ball up to a point by selecting what it releases.

a few Motives:
1. Start WW3
I would expect to see some serious hype and strong damnation about our adversaries and putting them on the forefront of the axis of evil.

The stories appear to be more about Snowden being a traitor than having an angle to generate conflict with a foreign country. The issue appears to me as being actually handled very politically correct with foreign nations.

Which leads me to think Snowden acted alone.

2. Get people used to being Spyied on.
See my post above, in summary the vast amount people are and have been proved already to being used to being spied on nor care about being spied on prior to this incident (Patriot act).

3. Snowden acted on his own
I tend to believe he actually acted on his own to release the data. What I find interesting is how this is being handled by world leaders. Putin being verbally cautious of its relations with America with a WORLD audience is interesting to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join