It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jury says Zimmerman feared for his life but Trayvon didn't?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I ask again.

DID TRAYVON MARTIN HAVE ANY RIGHT TO STAND HIS GROUND?

No. He absolutely did not have any right. Had he confronted Zimmerman BEFORE losing sight of him and before making a deliberate decision to HUNT HIM OUT...then he would have had all the right of any other citizen to give GZ a "what the hell??" moment of verbal confrontation.

When he broke contact and had every opportunity to simply walk away, but then CHOSE to extend the confrontation with the "creepy ass cracker"? He lost every shred of defense argument or basis. When he initiated the felony assault? He started a chain of events that led to him losing his very life.

That lady the Prosecution had to "help" his case did more to give Zimmerman a full walk out the door than any other single person I heard testify.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

LOL,

So old jolly Zimmerman had the chance to walk away and stop following Trayvon, but that's fine because he's good hearted Zimmerman.

Trayvon had every right to confront the creepy cracker who was following him for no reason. Trayvon didn't know if this guy was going to try to follow him home. Trayvon didn't know why he was being followed.

ARE YOU SAYING IF I'M BEING FOLLOWED I HAVE NO RIGHT TO STAND MY GROUND AND ASK WHY THE HELL ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME BECAUSE I'M BLACK?

Again, Trayvon had no right because you're making the assumption that Trayvon didn't see old jolly Zimmerman as a threat because he's this black, unruly thug. The fact that he called him creepy shows he was scared.

WHO WANT A GUY THEY SEE AS CREEPY FOLLOWING THEM?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Trayvon had every right to confront the creepy cracker who was following him for no reason. Trayvon didn't know if this guy was going to try to follow him home. Trayvon didn't know why he was being followed.

The law says otherwise, as did a Jury in a fair trial. He was acquitted. No hours, days or weeks of bellyaching about it will change that. If he were found guilty and everyone on the other side spent days whining about it...they'd be told to get over it and deal with our justice system for how it functions. It would be logical advice, too. It's just as logical from the current side of things.

Trayvon Martin committed a Felony Assault on Zimmerman. We know this by medical and eyewitness testimony offered in open court and ironically, his OWN words to his girl before going to initiate the fight he wouldn't walk away from. One attack too many for his judgement and he won't be starting another. That's for sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Prosecution should have argued race once the defense introduced this racist narrative.

The defense narrative was old jolly Zimmerman was innocently following Trayvon while whistling the National Anthem and this scary black 17 year old thug attacked poor Zimmerman out of the blue and Zimmerman had to defend himself.

This has to be countered with the obvious fact that Trayvon had every right to defend himself from the guy he saw as creepy following him.

AT THE VERY LEAST IT'S MANSLAUGHTER!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sadly, racist are so glad Trayvon is dead because he's just a black thug who attacked Zimmerman for no reason.

The law does not state that Trayvon had no right to confront a guy he saw as creepy following him.

Show me the law. State the law that says Trayvon has no right to defend himself or confront someone he sees as a threat following him.

Again, you're making the assumption that the black animal Trayvon couldn't have seen old jolly Zimmerman as a threat.

IT"S SIMPLY RACISM!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Give that tired old line a rest, will you? Despite your OP making it very clear you're convinced otherwise..Race had nothing to do with this.

How could the prosecution even mention race when the Department of Justice by way of the FBI had already determined race was not a factor in an official investigation? If that screw up of a prosecutor had even mentioned it, the defense would have gotten a BIG grin for the door she just opened and blown her case to pieces. Even she knew better than to touch that one, given the level of who already found it wasn't relevant.

Not every event on Earth to happen to a black, brown, yellow, white or red man is a racist event. Not every event between people of difference races...is a racist event. This event, by all known evidence and active investigation on THIS aspect specifically, shows no racism to have been in play by Zimmerman. If anything, the 'Creepy ass cracker' comment was the only racist reference made that night ...and Zimmerman wasn't the one calling people racial slurs, now was he?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wrong!

Again, the Prosecution didn't have to call Zimmerman racist. All they had to do was counter the racist narrative put forth by the Defense that old jolly Zimmerman was just following Trayvon and singing the National Anthem and the unruly black animal attacked goodhearted George for no reason.

You have to counter that with the obvious narrative that Trayvon had every right to confront Zimmerman who he saw as creepy.

Where is the law that states Trayvon had no right to confront a guy following him that he saw as creepy.

Again, the racist has to make the assumption that Trayvon couldn't have seen old jolly Zimmerman as a threat.

IT'S SIMPLY RACISM!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I said the Juries verdict was racist. Of course race played a part in this. and to try and act like it didn't is just silly.

Yes, you did say the verdict was racist. And to say that it was is just silly.
The jury came to the correct conclusion based on the LAW.
This country isn't a grab the torches and pitchforks mob rule.
At least, it's not supposed to be.

HOW DO YOU KNOW TRAYVON WASN'T SCARED FOR HIS LIFE?

BECAUSE HE DIDN"T GO HOME AND CALL 911 WHEN HE WAS ABLE TO.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

All they had to do was counter the racist narrative put forth by the Defense that old jolly Zimmerman was just following Trayvon and singing the National Anthem and the unruly black animal attacked goodhearted George for no reason.
I entirely missed even a subtext message of suggesting it was racial in Trayvon the black guy attacking the Hispanic. I've heard plenty theorized about Zimmerman personally seeing this through a racial prism, but I've not heard it suggest the other way. I guess I missed that defense message?

You have to counter that with the obvious narrative that Trayvon had every right to confront Zimmerman who he saw as creepy.

Trayvon DID have every right to verbally confront Zimmerman. For that matter, he did still have the right when he went back to find Zimmerman by his own choosing. Still had the right to verbally confront him. Although he exercised what turned out to be fatally bad judgement in going back.

What he did not have the right to do was commit felony assault and he created the situation which killed him, in doing so.

Where is the law that states Trayvon had no right to confront a guy following him that he saw as creepy.

See Above. Confrontation comes in two flavors. Violent and Verbal. He had right to the latter. No one has right to the former.

Again, the racist has to make the assumption that Trayvon couldn't have seen old jolly Zimmerman as a threat.

IT'S SIMPLY RACISM!!

Yes, apparently your mind is made up and further discussion or consideration of facts won't impede that progress.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Romeo1

Trayvon...could have backed off waited for police or explained who and why he was there.

Zimmerman was TOLD to back off by the cops, and didn't.

Zimmerman was advised to back off by a dispatcher, not the cops, and he did walk away, in which he was then ambushed.

Gs
edit on 18-7-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

LOL,

So old jolly Zimmerman had the chance to walk away and stop following Trayvon, but that's fine because he's good hearted Zimmerman.

ARE YOU SAYING IF I'M BEING FOLLOWED I HAVE NO RIGHT TO STAND MY GROUND AND ASK WHY THE HELL ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME BECAUSE I'M BLACK?

Again, Trayvon had no right because you're making the assumption that Trayvon didn't see old jolly Zimmerman as a threat because he's this black, unruly thug. The fact that he called him creepy shows he was scared.

WHO WANT A GUY THEY SEE AS CREEPY FOLLOWING THEM?

Following him for no reason huh? How about suspicious behavior and how about the fact when Trayvon was suspended from school, they found over 15 pieces of woman's jewelry and a quote "large flathead screwdriver" in his backpack... This thug WAS out robbing houses after all. If he will attack someone on the street just like that, imagine what he would do to someone who came home (in private, no witnesses) to find him in their house.

You obviously did not watch the trial, read the police report, or check out any of the other facts,

Gs

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Romeo1

Trayvon...could have backed off waited for police or explained who and why he was there.

Zimmerman was TOLD to back off by the cops, and didn't.

Actually he did. If you read the actual full transcript you can hear the dispatcher say "we don't need you to do that" and he replies "ok".

(That's not an order either it's for liability)

And the he proceeds to arrange a place to meet the police to give them details of what he saw and a description of the Martin.

During the later exchange he says he does not want to say his address out loud, because he feared Travon would here, and he lost track of him.

It was then Travon sprung up on him as he describes, 'from behind the bushes' and the confrontation happened.

Don't believe everything you see on CNN.

George Zimmerman's 911 call transcribed

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman:

OK. [2:28]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, sir, what is your name? [2:34]

Zimmerman:

George. He ran.

911 dispatcher:

OK, what’s your apartment number?

Zimmerman:

It’s a home. It’s 1950 – oh, crap, I don’t want to give it out – I don’t know where this kid is [inaudible] [3:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

www.examiner.com...
edit on 18-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is just the blindness of racism. This is why they needed a black person on the Jury.

What racist conclude is that Trayvon was just this wild black aggressor attacking poor Zimmerman out of the blue and Zimmerman is this jolly fat man who was singing the National Anthem and Trayvon just attacked him.

Trayvon had every right to confront Zimmerman who he saw as creepy because Zimmerman was following him for no reason. In Zimmerman's mind he was being Dirty Harry and following a criminal in a hoodie but Trayvon was just walking home from the store.

ZIMMERMAN CAUSED THE FIGHT TO OCCUR BETWEEN HIM AND TRAYVON BY FOLLOWING HIM.

Here's the definition of Manslaughter.

The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

Again, Zimmerman can be doing something lawful like following Trayvon yet he's still guilty of Manslaughter.

Racist just see the black kid as the aggressor because he's black and racist assume he's a thug that deserved to die. The racist never stop to ask how did Trayvon feel being followed by a guy he saw as creepy for no reason. Trayvon felt threatened and was upset for being followed for no reason. So according to the letter of the law, Zimmerman is guilty of Manslaughter.

I remember recently every time I went into my Bank, the white security guard would follow me around the bank. If I filled out a deposit slip, I looked up and he was there. When I stand in line at the bank, he was there and I wasn't wearing a hoodie. I told the Bank Manager and that security guard is no longer there.

Racist don't understand how Trayvon could feel threatened and upset about being followed by creepy Zimmerman. They can see how Zimmerman should have been scared of the black 17 year old but they can't see how Trayvon can be scared of fat, jolly Zimmerman.

This happened in a Bank and it has happened in stores, I can imagine how upset and scared Trayvon felt when he was being followed by a guy he saw as creepy. White racist can't understand this and this is why you needed blacks on the Jury.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

What racist conclude is that Trayvon was just this wild black aggressor attacking poor Zimmerman...

Actually, no it's not. When the story first came out I remember saying, "We probably shouldn't comment until all the facts are in."

Well, they are in.

Trayvon's "Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Juice" (What Trayvon was carrying) is the mix for lean. Google the quoted text and see what comes up. I didn't know what "lean" is until this story. It's a mix for (that which we do not speak of on this forum).

His online social profile, he portrayed himself as "gangsta". He bragged about beating people up. His texts and online comments suggest he was selling drugs and involved in illegal gun sales. Fitting in with his gangsta attitude and profile.

I think it was 45 mins he spent, getting back to his house which was a 10 min walk. Suggesting he was "lurking about" on a rainy day, overcast (I presume but do not know for certain).

So him being "Suspicious" seems like an accurate description, based off the time he spent walking home by itself. Add in his gansta attitude and chip he carried on his shoulder, yeah he probably did come off that way.

What is this, "Gangbangers have rights too! Just because they sell guns, drugs, get in fights, doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered "suspicious"!" Okay...

The neighbourhood Zimmerman lived in was a gated community of middle class income earners, it reportedly went to hell since the housing crash. Many units became rentals and there were weekly home invasions and robberies. So people lurking around are indeed suspicious.

Tough ____! Sorry bud, but if my neighbourhood was getting burglarized every week, I would want people walking around it keeping eyes on people roaming through too! That's not illegal, it's called protecting your community.

Martin was home already, he turned back to confront Zimmerman. Zimmerman was waiting for the police to give a description to them.

Sometimes it's as simple as, "if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck..."

Nothing to do with him being black either. One of the kids caught involved in the neighbourhood robberies was white, and I'm sure Zimmerman and others thought those "punks" were equally suspicious.

What's next, someone protesting about the people down on skidrow being called crackheads after they proclaim themselves to be. Dear god...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join