It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids Hidden in Satellite Images

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

It is possible that the Egyptians may have used the technique of using natural formations and carving them into pyramids with a tunnel down to the tomb beneath, the only way would be to try GPR and if they were built then the level of erosion would have left a tumble of eroded blocks around them, most likely natural but interesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Blue Shift

Correct except for those pyramids used primarily as tombs. These are not in cities but in necropoleis (plural of necropolis) or cemeteries near cities.

Either way, they tend to show a relatively high amount of activity, with the associated roads and paths and others ways people went back and forth to these places. I don't see any of that here.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

They indeed did such places had a lot of activity around them as you say that is why Osmie failed to convince people those hills in Bosnia were pyramids. There was simply no culture association with them.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Definately do look like some Pyramid Formation! Can see the Brickwork, perfect lines and Indentations already from some of the photos!

Every Month there is something new being discovered.... things are being revealed to us slowly.... I wonder if one day someone will find the missing link: A Spaceship buried deep in the Sea or underneath Sand or Rock!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Every Month there is something new being discovered.... things are being revealed to us slowly.... I wonder if one day someone will find the missing link: A Spaceship buried deep in the Sea or underneath Sand or Rock!

Yeah and the revealing is being down by a group of people using a magical formula called the 'scientific method' coupled with doing hard work in the field aided by many new technologies which makes the field searches easier.

Expect lots of new stuff from now until several more centuries in the future, maybe not a spaceship but certainly new cultures, villages perhaps even a twon and new perspectives on our rise to civilization.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

The only thing that is a bit boring is that you hear these very interesting finds from time to time but then something rarely happens. Years go by and just plain nothing...

What happened to Houdin's theory of how the pyramids were built? He found what seems to be an unknown room far up in the pyramids. And he have a pretty solid theory of it all. But he never got the ok from Egyptian authorities to continue to investigate it. He said he only need 18 hours, but no.

National Geographic News 2008

Theories that would just take hours to prove or debunk with the right equipment and manpower, but it takes decades to achieve every little thing.

edit on 7/18/2013 by Chazam because: Added source

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
reply to post by Hanslune

I read that there has never been a mummy actually found inside a pyramid. Is this true?

Edit: nvm!
edit on 17-7-2013 by denybedoomed because: Eta

Yes it is and it turned out later she was a queen.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

He needs to convince a reputable organization to sponsor him. Independent researchers aren't given opportunities on Giza. You'd have to ask him why he has not been able to do this.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed

I read that there has never been a mummy actually found inside a pyramid. Is this true?

Edit: nvm!
edit on 17-7-2013 by denybedoomed because: Eta

The China Pyramids aka Pyramid Mounds resemblance of Pre Columbia Pyramids were Actully Burial Mounds of royals to Generals from small to huge

Another Hidden Pyramid one to look at is the Bosnian Pyramid not sure if they found if its Natural or actually Built Pyramid

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by ratcals

It is possible that the Egyptians may have used the technique of using natural formations and carving them into pyramids with a tunnel down to the tomb beneath, the only way would be to try GPR and if they were built then the level of erosion would have left a tumble of eroded blocks around them, most likely natural but interesting.

I seem to recall Hanslune posting a link to a pdf that discussed the rock formations under the pyramids at Giza - they were all built around existing natural outcrops.

I seem to recall the main chambers were actually dug out of the natural rock, rather than forming part of the manufactured section of the pyramid. I could be wrong on that, however, it's been a while since I read it...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

Here you go

page 21

edit on 30/7/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

I take exception to the wording "undisturbed pyramid tombs", so far there is no evidence that pyramids except the ones in China have been used as tombs. I also note that China's pyramids are only so in top structure as the content inside has very little in common to any other pyramidal construction and more with other common burial mounds (Americas, Japan and Egyptian tombs the mastabas )..

edit on 30-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
I just wanted to post this link to point out things like this are found from time to time.

BBC Link

I'll second that just for folks who are skeptical about armchair archeologists finding things on satellite images. Here are 6 mind blowing things found on Google Earth.

www.cracked.com...

I do hope those guys have good luck with the pyramids.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by ionwind

I take exception to the wording "undisturbed pyramid tombs", so far there is no evidence that pyramids except the ones in China have been used as tombs. I also note that China's pyramids are only so in top structure as the content inside has very little in common to any other pyramidal construction and more with other common burial mounds (Americas, Japan and Egyptian tombs the mastabas )..

Except the burials found in them I guess, I would suggest looking at Pacal burial in the pyramid called the Temple of Inscriptions at Palenque. An intact (unlooted) pyramid was found containing the sacrophagus of Neferu-ptah - link below. Not to mention Cestius pyramid which was built specifically as pyramid....the pyarmids in Sudan too.

The pyramid with a mummy inside

The story that pyramids haven't been found with bodies is a fringe meme that has no validity but gets repeated endlessly.
edit on 30/7/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

pyramid-of-neferuptah-hawara-egypt_ 400_300.jpg

Again this is a pronto-pyramid. Calling it a pyramid is a forcing the issue. It shows an evolution from the simpler Mastaba but in itself does not correlate with claiming that the great pyramids were tombs (I could point several obvious differences), the most obvious is that the great pyramids' architectonic is superior.

Two hypothesis must be considered since dating is fuzzy (Exact Date Pinned to Great Pyramid's Construction?). They may be only attempts to copy, like the Pyramid of Cestius you mention or part of an evolution in construction that may indeed have a link to death rituals but again I object to the assumption that it must be so, since there are no records to support it and there are indeed some specific distinctions for example (not supporting the view only showing a distinct approach):

Egyptologists are fond of saying that the Great Pyramid is mute, with no Hieroglyphs cut into its walls. But this is really not quite true. Every upper passage, chamber, gallery and shaft inside the Great Pyramid of Giza is an incredibly old, unmistakable, megalithic Hieroglyph for the words seba and rut for "Ensouling Star door" and "Tunnel Opening gate." They are unmistakably reproduced in the Pyramid Texts of Saqqara. Egyptologists should have told the world about these architectural hieroglyphs long ago. It might have removed much needless speculation about the Great Pyramid.

Egyptologists are also fond of imagining that they have already translated the Pyramid Texts, but this is not even remotely true. Already in the first third of the twentieth century, the great German scholar Kurt Sethe was deciding to dismiss the first 212 Utterances of the Pyramid Texts ostensibly because they were supposed to be just "largely ritual formulae." These mostly non-ritual texts covered more than the North walls of the Saqqara King's Chambers -- with the "Eye of Heru" being written out 80 times, where it had survived. In 1969, R. O. Faulkner published the last attempt to translate the Pyramid Texts. But Egyptologists still believe that these North wall writings of the Saqqara King's Chambers are just "offering rituals."

They are wrong on both counts. These texts are neither "offerings" nor largely "rituals." The "offering" idea hangs precariously on the supposed meaning of the imperative phrase Me-en-ek as "Take-to-yourself (the Eye of Heru)," when it could just as well mean an archaic "See for yourself (the Eye of Heru)" in which case there would be no offerings in the mostly non-ritual writings on the wall. The few ritual writings which are actually there are divided off to themselves by 390 separation lines, unmistakably sculpted in the solid rock. But Egyptologists have chosen to ignore them and have tarred all of these texts with the same ritual brush.

On the South walls of the Saqqara King's Chambers, Egyptologists think they see "resurrection ritual." But these texts are strictly non-ritual and do not contain any ritual separation lines. The word sedjeb for "restore (to life)" is a causative verb se-djeb (a) for "make clothed (with a body)" which any Hindu Sanskrit scholar would recognize as the verb "reincarnate."

We do not have to guess about the significance of these texts. They are self-explanatory. For example Utterance 302, out of a total of 700, begins (on the North wall in the Queen's Chamber) with the expression Djed medu for "Said (in the Queen's Chamber facing North) were the words:" --- "whenever the Sharp-pointed Star gleams (two palm-widths before the brow), it is because the Two Sets of Nine Spinal gods have purified in the Ursa Major Polestar, that Star which knows not sweeping. --- " But the Great Pyramid speaker is describing the Northern sky as it looked 26,000 years ago!

Egyptologists see only "protective spells" on the West wall of the Saqqara King's Chamber. But the verb to protect is nowhere to be found. Worse still, there are no actual spells. Some important details about seeing with the Eye can only be found on this wall. But these details have been lost to the world, because Egyptologists have not been able to conceive of the non-ritual Eye of Heru. All that they know about now is the ritual Eye as a ceremonial offering. The lost knowledge of the Star Opening of the Eye at two palm-widths is still accessible to the entire world on this West wall.

From The Great Pyramid Texts By Clesson H. Harvey (retired physics and chemistry teacher, Clesson H. Harvey's education includes courses in Tibetan and ancient Egyptian religion)

more...

edit on 31-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

As for

Pacal burial in the pyramid called the Temple of Inscriptions at Palenque

You are again forcing the issue.

In 1952 Alberto Ruz Lhuillier removed a stone slab in the floor of the back room of the temple superstructure to reveal a passageway (filled in shortly before the city's abandonment and reopened by archeologists) leading through a long stairway to Pakal's tomb. The tomb itself is remarkable for its large carved sarcophagus, the rich ornaments accompanying Pakal, and for the stucco sculpture decorating the walls of the tomb. Unique to Pakal's tomb is the psychoduct, which leads from the tomb itself, up the stairway and through a hole in the stone covering the entrance to the burial. This psychoduct is perhaps a physical reference to concepts about the departure of the soul at the time of death in Maya eschatology where in the inscriptions the phrase ochb'ihaj sak ik'il (the white breath road-entered) is used to refer to the leaving of the soul. A find such as this is greatly important because it demonstrated for the first time the temple usage as being multifaceted. These pyramids were, for the first time, identified as temples and also funerary structures.

From Wikipedia -Palenque

It clearly denotes that the tomb is not inside nor the main point of the structure, the structure is a monument, not the tomb itself that resides "outside" the structure, even if linked to it. In any case I think it is acceptable to expect the evolution from monumental structures to tombs this has continued to almost today, in Cristian temples the nobility is often entombed inside the Church/Temple and we have a generally global history regarding burial rites that involve structures but limiting all ancient structures to tombs is to me just wrong. Remember than until recently Stonehenge was regarded as a burial site also...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The photos describe natural geological formations. It may be that there are ancient tombs in them, but these have not been constructed by man. I think some people who see “pyramids” need to get out of the house, lest they mistake Mount Fuji as an ancient "cone"!

Regards

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You are again forcing the issue.

Oh I am eh, lol, Ah dude I've been to Palenque and I've been down and inside that tomb. (actually standing just at the entrance to the chamber - I was not august enough to be allowed in being a lowly grad student at the time)

The illustration above gives you a better idea of where the tomb is located you may have been deceived by the term 'back of'.

Sorry I cannot find a good English language illustration of the tombs location but these two should do

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Again this is a pronto-pyramid. Calling it a pyramid is a forcing the issue.

I think you mean proto but no it was a pyramid.

Dating is fuzzy depending on your definition of 'fuzzy'. Are you saying a score of years off, a century, centuries off or thousands of year off?

Ah the old 'Egyptologists' have gotten it all wrong and here is why gambit. If you want to go over all of this I would suggest you do so under one of the existing pyramid threads or start another. There may not be one for that particular author. We look forward to it

edit on 31/7/13 by Hanslune because: added sentence

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ok I stand corrected on Palenque, I did believe that the tomb was outside the structure. (Thanks for the images, I can read Spanish).

The error I took exception continues to be valid, we shouldn't over generalize (this case the fault was mine but if I understood correctly this was the only exception in the American pyramids right ?).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join