It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panama president tweets picture of North Korea 'missiles' ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Panama president tweets picture of North Korea 'missiles' ship

www.bbc.co.uk

Panama's president says his country has seized a North Korean-flagged ship carrying "undeclared military cargo".

President Ricardo Martinelli said the ship, held in the Panama Canal as it sailed from Cuba, contained suspected "sophisticated missile equipment".

He posted a photo of what looked like a large green object inside a cargo container on his Twitter account.

The president said the 35-strong crew had resisted the search and the captain had tried to kill himself.

'Very worried'

The ship, the Chong Chon Gang, was stopped near Manzanillo on the Atlantic side of the c
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsinfo.inquirer.net
www.newsdaily.com
sg.news.yahoo.com
news.uk.msn.com

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hi guys I did a search and was surprised not to find this, If I missed it my apologies and please remove this thread

Well now
What have we here ?

Seems our fat little Korean friend is attempting to smuggle weapons in behind our backs. No surprise there to be honest, the worrying part is the use of the word 'sophisticated'.

I would guess these would be of Russian origin but that is just a guess.

Cody

ETA Photo

www.bbc.co.uk
edit on 16/7/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What do you mean 'our'?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Was Posted here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it is breaking News, so.........

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I spent an hour and a half on this last night trying to ID that container for what they carry. I couldn't find any kind of ID guide to shipping/transport containers for getting an idea of what it is, that way. Some missile shipment containers look similar...but then, not really. One actual Missile looks much like that in fact, with a sharp pointed warhead to fit on the end, but the surfaces on it are clean and definitely not squared on the sides of the body.

That could be anything from a submarine propeller shaft to a Surface to Surface missile. I wish they'd give a bit more detail. Heck, it's probably labeled very clearly on the container somewhere for the Panamanians to have read within a few moments. I hate suspense. lol....

** Oh, I will add that I checked the Maritime ship tracking services and looked at every vessel in the Panama Canal zone that is registered on the maps. 2 of them, in port on the Atlantic side are mere numbers and not names with nothing available. One of them must be this ship because nothing else from the anchorage on the Atlantic to the anchorage on the Pacific approaches is North Korean flagged. That was kind of odd. I'd been hoping to confirm vessel name and backtrack it's previous movements that way.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that this is a US ship, posing as a N.K. ship and will be found out to have connections to russia or maybe even the country snowden goes to. Then we will see us declare war on N.K. and one of Snowden's home country.

Or this is just a sugar powered rocket ship, and they are just going to space. ( seems legit )

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Seems our fat little Korean friend is attempting to smuggle weapons in behind our backs. No surprise there to be honest, the worrying part is the use of the word 'sophisticated'.

well they have to get weapons from somewhere
you say that like theres something wrong with it
its ok for america to have weapons and not north korea?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

My bad

Please remove thread mods, or redirect posts to original thread members

Cody

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I know that I am going to probably catch some heat for the following statement, but my conspiracy mind is working away on this.

The container that the missile pod is inside of looks like a standard shipping container like you would see in any port at any given time. There was a theory that was floating around here last year that it may be possible for North Korea to pull of a coordinated nuclear air detonation over strategic points here in the US, by using unmarked shipping containers as the launch platforms from within our own borders.

Is it possible that they weren't smuggling these home, but rather onto other ships that were destined for US ports? It would seem that doing something like this would be possible, while not the simplest thing to pull off, it would be far from impossible. Again just thinking here.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I do believe the two thread rule applies in this case so I'll continue

Cody

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit if you couldn't do it
I doubt it is possible good work as always

Cody

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I'm not convinced of the theory, the logistics would be a nightmare.

You'd have to prep the missiles and erect the launch pads without detection firstly.

They can't even do that at home

Just a thought

Cody

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Hi guys I did a search and was surprised not to find this, If I missed it my apologies and please remove this thread

Well now
What have we here ?

I would guess these would be of Russian origin but that is just a guess.

Cody

ETA Photo

www.bbc.co.uk
edit on 16/7/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

Does anyone else see where it was made? Looks like it says "property of the united states military" on it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As requested by the OP.

Please add to the ongoing.

abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread959450/pg1

~Tenth

top topics

join