It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share A Powerful Quote by God from Any Religion.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danny85
i dont really know what religion these are from, i remember hearing them at one point in my life and they have stuck with me.

The First:

If you are guilty of killing one man, you are guilty of killing all men.

the second

Blessed are the poor, blessed are those who care for the poor.

I dont remember where they come from, if anyone knows (They might be worded differently) please reply and let me know, its bugged me for years. i hope i haven't just made them up out of the blue and if i had, i would like to take credit for them...

From the style, they may have come from either the Bible or Quran. Can't say for sure, but good post either way.
edit on 16-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Danny85

I am betting the god of search engines called GOOGLE could help you find where those quotes are from. (Just a suggestion)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

What a merciful and loving god!

But seriously, this is my favorite.

Luke 6
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

I really can't understand how people believe these two people were the same.

edit on 15-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

In the old covenant they were under "scar for scar, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" system of law. I notice what you also did was take things out of context. What did the Amalekites do to warrant being utterly destroyed? The Lord never pronounced judgement on innocent people in the OT. The Amalekites did something to Israel, what was it?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

"Jesus came so all men might have the right to be the son of God."

Mike

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

i dont really know what religion these are from, i remember hearing them at one point in my life and they have stuck with me.

The First:

the second

I dont remember where they come from, if anyone knows (They might be worded differently) please reply and let me know, its bugged me for years. i hope i haven't just made them up out of the blue and if i had, i would like to take credit for them...

Second one comes from the bible. Jesus has a soft spot for widows, orphans and the poor and downtrodden.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And now for something completely different.

A powerful video by God!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A little sikh

Ong namo guru dev namo

Ong is the primal sound, the source or potential from which everything flows.
Namoh is to vow. Guru that which brings light. Dev is Divine.

In fewer words "I bow to the divine which brings light"

Prayer in sound brings it to the next level of beauty.

Ek Ong Kar Sat Gur Prasad, Sat Gur Prasad Ek Ong Kar. (Translation: There is one Creator of all Creation. All is a blessing of the One Creator.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

What a merciful and loving god!

But seriously, this is my favorite.

Luke 6
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

I really can't understand how people believe these two people were the same.

edit on 15-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Pointing towards the same but misunderstood by the views of the authors. All spiritual text point at the same place if you can understand the maps. A person who follows the spirit of love an unity does that regardless of what garment (religion/view) the person wears.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It might not be religious but it is about seeking "what is" over anything else wherever it leads. Albert Einstein was in his own way a seeker of hidden things. A few quotes:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The First:

the second

Is the first derived from?

Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Sanhedrin

FOR THIS REASON WAS MAN CREATED ALONE, TO TEACH THEE THAT WHOSOEVER DESTROYS A SINGLE SOUL OF ISRAEL,39 SCRIPTURE IMPUTES [GUILT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD DESTROYED A COMPLETE WORLD; AND WHOSOEVER PRESERVES A SINGLE SOUL OF ISRAEL, SCRIPTURE ASCRIBES [MERIT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD PRESERVED A COMPLETE WORLD.

www.come-and-hear.com...

How it could have been written if the priest where not dualistic to their tribe.

For this reason was man created alone, To teach thee That whoever corrupts/destroys a soul of god/"the existing one". Scripture imputes [guilt/karma] to him as thought he had corrupted/destroyed a complete world. And whoever enlightened/saved a single soul of god/"the existing one", scripture ascribes [merit] to him as though he had enlightened/saved a complete world.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
S&F OP. I enjoyed reading everyone's contributions to this thread. Here are a few of my own favorites to continue...

"I am that which is, has been, and shall be. My veil no one has lifted. The fruit I bore was the Sun". ~ The Goddess Isis of the Egyptian Pantheon. This quote was found inscribed at the base of the Statue of Isis in her temple in Philae. An island in the upper mouth of the Nile north of Aswan.

"Who is stronger than hope? Death.
Who is stronger than will? Death.
Stronger than love? Death.
Stronger than life? Death.
but who is stronger than death? Me, evidently."
~ The Goddess Morrigan/Morrigu from the Celtic Pantheon.

"At the end of Day a day of Judgement there shall be. The Earth shall quake and the rivers change course, and there shall be a darkness at noon and a fire in the heavens in the night. the day of the returning celestial God will it be. And who shall survive and who shall perish, who shall be rewarded and who shall be punished? Gods and men alike, on that day it shall be discovered. For what shall come to pass by what had passed shall be determined, and what was destined shall in a cycle be repeated, and what was fated and only be the hearts will occurring for good or ill shall for judgement come. The record read, the past remember, the future as prophecy understand. Let the future of the past, the judgement be. These are the words of Enki, first born of Anu.
~ Lost Book of Enki as translated by Sitchin

"Only when you take it away, will they know what they had." ~ Astarte of Greek Pantheon

"A day can press down all human things, and a day can raise them up. but the gods embrace men of sense and abhor the evil." ~ Athena of the Greek Pantheon

"Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness, win sorrow beyond what is given.." ~ Zeus of the Greek Pantheon

"A religion without a goddess is halfway to atheism." ~ Dion Fortune (I know, not a deity, but I just love that quote!)

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Nice compilation of quotes. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is becoming one of my favorite threads ever on ATS.

I have another one to share, which I could've sworn I already saw someone post, but after looking over the entire thread three times, I'm sure it's not here.

1 John, 4:20 "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen."

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
This is becoming one of my favorite threads ever on ATS.

I have another one to share, which I could've sworn I already saw someone post, but after looking over the entire thread three times, I'm sure it's not here.

1 John, 4:20 "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen."

Great post. Love is alot more than what some people think

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
“There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.”

“Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.”

“And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.”

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

It's been awhile since I read my hard copy of the Quran and Hadiths. For those who believe in it, I would say that's pretty powerful. Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

since its the holy month of Ramadan this thread made me dig a little more into the translation other then the little recitation i have been doing.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

en.wikipedia.org...

Thought i'd take a different approach then the usual...

edit on 15-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Interesting really, reading that, it seems satan gave mankind what he has today and he says enjoy! This is what you have bought into and this is yours enjoy!
The other side is saying, if what you chose when you left the garden is not working out, there is a way to go back, you will be placed under rules but you will no longer be ruled by unjust and greedy men and you will have health and a simple life without science (no knowledge of a higher kind I assume).

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Akragon

Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

en.wikipedia.org...

Thought i'd take a different approach then the usual...

edit on 15-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Interesting really, reading that, it seems satan gave mankind what he has today and he says enjoy! This is what you have bought into and this is yours enjoy!
The other side is saying, if what you chose when you left the garden is not working out, there is a way to go back, you will be placed under rules but you will no longer be ruled by unjust and greedy men and you will have health and a simple life without science (no knowledge of a higher kind I assume).

What does science have to do with it. Are you talking about the apple that came from the knowledge of good and evil? For me that is a symbolic text of where the mind choose ego and judging right and wrong over symbiosis with god where they instantlly knew.

And why care about science if you are in a place where you can manifest what you need and instantly be where you wanna go and just get the information you want directly from god conciousness. Understanding and knowledge is not bad as long as it is used responsably with regard for symbiosis with everything that is.
edit on 17-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join