It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juror: 'No doubt' that Zimmerman feared for his life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The whole point in many state CCW laws is to put the fear of getting shot in criminals mind.

Texas and Florida are a couple of those states.

Racism plays into this case in that black criminals have a greater fear of getting shot.
If they were not criminals they would not need to fear.

Blacks have a completely different mind set
Just watch the show Hardcore Pawn on Reality-TV

Only blacks try to DEMAND that the pawnshop buy or take in pawn items for the price the they want.
Pawn shops as with any business have the right to refuse any business.

This mind set is not racist its just that these people are morons

so you have come to the conclusion that black people are morons from a reality show? so what should i think of white people from honey boo boo or duck dynasty, do you realize how ignorant your post was? i feel you made a very uneducated statement and i am trying my hardest not to start name calling but that statement you made has to be one of the most uneducated statements i have ever read and you got 3 stars for it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

This lady was dense. I couldn’t believe her reasoning.
Wasn’t Trayvon afraid for his life?
Zimmerman had the gun!

If he was afraid for his life, why didn't he go straight home, lock the door, and call 911????

Nope, instead TM choose to confront Zimmerman.
And yes, I believe from the facts at the trial, that TM was the aggressive one that started the fight.

Bad judgment call for Zimmerman? ---YES--
[as well as TM]
Hateful and ill willed?? -- NO--

I watched the trial and there was no compelling evidence to convict GZ of 2nd degree murder.

Following some one is not a crime.
And if some one is following you & 'creeping' you out, don't confront them.
Call 911, not your friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

If anything, Zimmerman was guilty of not using "good judgment," the juror said.

Then that's manslaughter..but thank god his bad judgement only resulted in the death of a black teenager.

Why bring up 'skin' color???

You think that this is the crime of the century?
Kids/people of all races are killed every day.

You're as bad as the MSM trying to make a 'race' issue out of a tragedy.

If the state had settled for 'involuntary' manslaughter, he might have got that.
But to say he purposely went out there to kill a 'black dude' is preposterous and therefore due to lack of evidence, he was found Not Guilty.

Try viewing it from a non-color perspective.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Then that's manslaughter..but thank god his bad judgement only resulted in the death of a black teenager.

Someone important might have died. Thank god that black kid, i forget his name, was there to teach this lesson to Zimmerman before he caused any real damage with his unfounded suspicion.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

but thank god his bad judgement only resulted in the death of a black teenager.

Is race the only thing that matters to you? Would you be equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it! Bad judgement does not equal manslaughter. There are other facts that had to be considered, and at the end of the day Zimmerman was found not guilty based on those facts.

The prosecution chose all women because they would be "emotionally charged" and they were sure it would lead to a conviction. Even after all the evidence rigging by omission, and seeking an "emotionally charged" jury it all still blew up in their face.

If he were white (and the jury were the same women), I believe whole heartedly that Zimmerman would have been convicted for manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Add that to the news that came out today that TM was using elicit substances and the autopsy reports showed that his liver was damaged from continued use, which by the way had a side effect of causing anger issues and violence.

So again .. the forensic evidence discredits the pro-Martin 'witness testimony' .
CNN Jeantel Interview
The woman who was on the phone with Martin just prior to his death said that he smoked *that which shall not be named on ATS* maybe twice and week, wasn't into drugs, and was never violent. This woman lied on the stand and lied in the interview. If the autopsy showed the liver messed up .. and we have social media postings by Martin himself showing that he luv'd street fighting .. then this woman has been disgraced as just a chronic liar ... but she isn't bright enough to know that she has been caught and should shut up.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I read the article. My thoughts match hers. She said that both Martin and Zimmerman were to blame for what happened. She said that they didn't believe Rachael Jeantels testimony. They said that Lead Detectice Serinos testimony was vitally important. And she said that they would like to have found Zimemrman guilty of something for making stupid decisions, but that you can't do that with what they were given to work with.

But I especially liked that she said the jurors thought that both Zimmerman and Martin were to blame.
She said BOTH could have walked away but didn't. I completely agree with that.

Two people with 'attitudes' coming together on a dark rainy night and both making bad decisions.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Not exactly.
Florida Manslaughter Laws
If you are saying Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter ... then so is Martin.
Both of them made the bad decision not to walk away. BOTH.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Add that to the news that came out today that TM was using elicit substances and the autopsy reports showed that his liver was damaged from continued use, which by the way had a side effect of causing anger issues and violence.

So again .. the forensic evidence discredits the pro-Martin 'witness testimony' .
CNN Jeantel Interview
The woman who was on the phone with Martin just prior to his death said that he smoked *that which shall not be named on ATS* maybe twice and week, wasn't into drugs, and was never violent. This woman lied on the stand and lied in the interview. If the autopsy showed the liver messed up .. and we have social media postings by Martin himself showing that he luv'd street fighting .. then this woman has been disgraced as just a chronic liar ... but she isn't bright enough to know that she has been caught and should shut up.

What Martin did in the past has nothing to do with the case. Did Zimmerman run a background check on Martin before confronting him? And Zimmerman's past shows him to be a violent person as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Not exactly.
Florida Manslaughter Laws
If you are saying Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter ... then so is Martin.
Both of them made the bad decision not to walk away. BOTH.

Did Zimmerman die? Did you actually read the link? A person has to be dead before being guilty of Manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I still can't believe how disrespectful the prosecutors have been about the jury's decision. But this juror just confirmed that prosecution case was weak and that it ultimately came down to if Zimmerman feared for his life.

I have no doubt he did either, but again, he put himself in that situation whilst ignoring the advice of the police to not continue his pursuit.

I've already read of another case where the "stand your ground" law is trying to be applied. A man breaks into a house to rob the place, the owner has a gun, the robber shoots the owner and claims his life was in danger and "stand your ground" should apply.

Funny, that's verbatim what some posters here said would start happening the instant this story broke.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I read the article. My thoughts match hers. She said that both Martin and Zimmerman were to blame for what happened. She said that they didn't believe Rachael Jeantels testimony. They said that Lead Detectice Serinos testimony was vitally important. And she said that they would like to have found Zimemrman guilty of something for making stupid decisions, but that you can't do that with what they were given to work with.

But I especially liked that she said the jurors thought that both Zimmerman and Martin were to blame.

Two people with 'attitudes' coming together on a dark rainy night and both making bad decisions.

i had made a post where i compared some of my answers to your 20 questions thread. i used 2, 6, 8, and 13. and comments i made in other threads. my answers and comments pretty much went right along with hers.

but when switch back and forth in the taps, i lost the post and wasn't gonna retype that whole thing again. damn big ol fat fingers.

when i was writing that post, a thought came across my mind about how no matter what side your on, how much people think a like.

then i started thinking how some people thoughts are just plain out,.... well you know.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Nice I like that you get your opinions on an entire race from a scripted "reality" show...

The fact you think hardcore pawn shows real and factual events make me wonder who really is the moron here.

As for Zimmerman, the only real question in the case is simple;

Are "stand your ground laws" constitutional, it's the only question that actually has baring on the verdict that no one really cares to ask because playing on race is so much more dramatic.
edit on 16-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

i can agree with this. it is just sad that we will never get trayvons version of events because he has been forever silenced.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have no doubt he feared for his life. The sad things is that all of it could have been avoided, had Zimmerman followed the proper neighborhood watch protocol and had he done as instructed. Stay in the car.

That one bad decision cost one person his life, and the other his quality of life for sure.

That being said, Zimmerman probably would have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter, had the prosecution not been so determined to go overboard on the charges.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
just a heads up,

just saw that more of the interview with, juror B37 will be on CNN tonight on anderson cooper.
check local times.

should be interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

He probably did fear for his life.

I think an important lesson in this story is thus: You shouldn't simply attack people that are annoying you, or that you don't like. They may have a gun, kill you, and get away with it.

Because Martin threw the first punch, I can't fault Zimmerman.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Is race the only thing that matters to you? Would you be equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it! Bad judgement does not equal manslaughter. There are other facts that had to be considered, and at the end of the day Zimmerman was found not guilty based on those facts.

The prosecution chose all women because they would be "emotionally charged" and they were sure it would lead to a conviction. Even after all the evidence rigging by omission, and seeking an "emotionally charged" jury it all still blew up in their face.

Would Zimmerman have been equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Would Zimmerman have been equally as outraged if Martin was white? I highly doubt it.

if GZ would have seen anybody, black, white, pink, or polka dotted, at night in the cold rain wearing a hoodie, wandering around looking at houses,( i mean come on even chickens got enough sense to get out of the rain) that took notice of him and started to leave the area at that moment, he would have called 911 and done the same thing. a dark rainy cold night is perfect cover for those who are up to no good.

also it is a known fact, that there had been a string of burglarizes in the neighborhood. and the description given of the suspects, were black teens, so who wouldn't on a cold, dark, rainy night, knowing what has been happening, not be suspicious. GM wasn't outraged, he was not ranting and raving or carrying on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join