It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Torture Murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The Torture Murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom

www.trutv.com

On the night of Saturday, January 6, 2007, Christopher Newsom and his girlfriend Channon Christian went out together for the last time. Newsom was a 23-year-old carpenter; Christian a 21-year-old senior majoring in sociology at the University of Tennessee. The couple had been dating for about two months and seemed very much smitten with each other. That Saturday night, the couple had eaten a romantic dinner at a Knoxville restaurant. Channon last spoke with her mother Denna at roughly 12:35 a.m.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I just wanted to know where were the riots and lawlessness when these to beutiful children where bretally murdered. I did not want to go out and picket and riot. ZMy family stayed glued to the TV and cried because we could not believe monsters could do this to another human being.
This was a big case here and I give the parents of the victims all of my blessings for being strong.
I know this is past the mods 36 hour rule but we have to compare this to the Zimmerman trial.
Why do these people take to the streets and raise cain for this horrible mistake of a murder.
When these two young kids died years ago we just went to church and raised money and awarness in my community.

Something is deffinatly wrong with the way the people are being so aggressive over this.

www.trutv.com

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I had no idea these two were literally tortured for days and murdered. How #ing sad...

This wasn't on my news at all...

The mainstream media didn't touch it I guess?

If you want to talk about injustice, google crime statistics by race. Check out how many white people are assaulted, raped, and murdered daily by black people. Check out how many white women are raped by black men, (versus black women raped by white men).

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Jesus, what the hell is wrong with those people? And really, where is the media coverage on this, a real outrage. I got a little bit through page 2 and had to stop reading. I have much too vivid imagination and empathy to be reading that.

Finished reading it after a bit of a break, what a tragic turn of events. Stupid judge........
Is it because there was no real racial angle? I mean I would hope cases like this are extremely rare, it was horrible. Tortured for day, you would figure that grizzly angle would be exploitable to be put up on the national MSM....
edit on Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:36:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Dude, I had to stop reading that after page 2. I found it to be disturbing in the highest order.

It just goes to prove what we already know; The justice system is a failure and it does not rehabilitate hardened criminals. When they are let out they go on to do things like this and then they are back on the prison merry go round again.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Page one and two are the nasty graphic parts, it's safe to keep reading.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks for the heads up, I made it all the way though after the gore

I have just one question though - perhaps it's my literacy, but am I interpreting what I read correctly when I say that it would appear nobody was charged for raping Chris Newsom?

I read that they found evidence he too was raped and sodomised with objects before being shot execution style, yet every person person charged was had the charges dropped, or there was no DNA evidence to match them to him.

It might be a seemingly small detail and uncomfortable to think of because he is male, but I think whoever did this should be charged with every single crime they committed. I would imagine for Mr Newsom being raped and sodomised would have been 1,000 times worse torture to endure than being shot in the back of the head (being shot would have ended his suffering)
edit on 15-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7
If you want to talk about injustice, google crime statistics by race. Check out how many white people are assaulted, raped, and murdered daily by black people. Check out how many white women are raped by black men, (versus black women raped by white men).

While I was working on my BS in Criminal Justice: Emphasis in Law Enforcement I often would make use of the FBI's Uniform Crime Report (UCR). It's an annual publication, made from data from all police jurisdictions and breaks each type of crime down to the lowest common denominator.

www.fbi.gov...

I really like to read the UCR's histograms and look at overall trends for certain crimes. To summarize the findings, generally speaking, each year we are living in the safest year since data collection began. Sort of blows the MSM's constant yammering about crime out of the water.

Another great source for population growth and eugenics/selective population controls are:

Birth Rates: www.cdc.gov...
Abortion Rates (including by race) www.census.gov...

*note: abortion rates are trending down too.

Something that is also interesting is that according to the CDC teen pregnancies are at record lows and the trend has been nearly constantly downward for years. Blows your mind when you think that teen pregnancy rates AND abortion rates in general dropping:

www.cdc.gov...

*note: the fact that I am linking a .gov site pertaining to abortion is in no way indicating I wish for this to degenerate into some off-topic b.s.

If anything, what all this data that is floating out there unnoticed says is that although the MSM makes the claim that we are living the end of days, in reality things have never looked better. What destroys this is the constant hyper-sensationalistic coverage of every tragedy. Kids apparently aren't out breeding like rabbits, there appears to be no explosion of teen mothers and our streets haven't been safer.

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos
On the night of Saturday, January 6, 2007, Christopher Newsom and his girlfriend Channon Christian went out together for the last time....

I remember hearing about it shortly after Law Enforcement discovered the bodies and was furious, not only at the fact that these men brutalized the two young people, but the fact that one of the men's 'girlfriend', Vanessa, was apparently involved in the crimes too. How any woman could be an admittedly willing participant, rather than sympathizing with her fellow woman blew my mind.

I was also impressed that wikipedia gave a decent play-by-play of what occurred, trials and appeals included. Normally their crime descriptions are vague, but this one was pretty in depth:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
reply to post by TKDRL

I have just one question though - perhaps it's my literacy, but am I interpreting what I read correctly when I say that it would appear nobody was charged for raping Chris Newsom?

This is actually more common than you would think. Male sexual assault goes unreported at rates greater than females, as there is the mentality that a man who has been raped somehow loses a portion of their masculinity. The courts and police will often ignore anti/peri-mortem sexual assault if possible to maintain some sort of honor and preserve masculinity of the victim. Usually just because a male victim was sexually assaulted in the first place it was an afterthought by the perpetrator, not the motivator.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Funny, Obama doesn't mention that the attackers in this case could have all been his sons.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This case got very, very little attention because it didn't further the agenda of evil whitey carrying a gun. Come to think of it, this is a really good reason why one would want to carry a weapon.

Disgusting and outrageous!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lipton
This is actually more common than you would think. Male sexual assault goes unreported at rates greater than females, as there is the mentality that a man who has been raped somehow loses a portion of their masculinity. The courts and police will often ignore anti/peri-mortem sexual assault if possible to maintain some sort of honor and preserve masculinity of the victim. Usually just because a male victim was sexually assaulted in the first place it was an afterthought by the perpetrator, not the motivator.

I get that men and perhaps the families of the deceased would be motivated to hide it for fear of being thought of as gay, I really do. It's just such a shame that male pride dictates that we ignore rape when it happens to a guy - it is just as traumatic and just as wrong for a man as it is a woman.

But more importantly what message does this send those with a criminal mind? Basically they could think 'in for a penny, in for a pound' By not charging anyone for the sexual atrocities committed to this poor young man it is sending the unspoken message to these sick individuals that you can do this sort of thing to someone before you kill them and it will get ignored. i.e it's a sort of 'free crime' you can commit to degrade the person and you will get away with it scott free.

And that to be completely honest, alarms me greatly.
edit on 15-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Something that is also interesting is that according to the CDC teen pregnancies are at record lows and the trend has been nearly constantly downward for years. Blows your mind when you think that teen pregnancy rates AND abortion rates in general dropping:

Wouldn't that automatically follow naturally though?

If teen pregnancy rates (and pregnancy rates in general) are dropping, it stands to reason fewer abortions would be performed on fewer pregnant Women, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

I remember when this happened. It's disgusting. No one should ever experience what those two did. Yet, time and time again when a black man is killed the African-American community is up in arms demanding blood. Even if the person was in the wrong, like Trayvon or countless other criminals. You'll often hear their mothers on TV saying, "Oh he was a good boy!".

Yet, here we have two truly innocent people murdered in the most gruesome way possible... Not a single f*** was given.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm soo glad you posted the "Knoxville Horror". This case is one of the foulest, most disgusting things that I've ever heard. And to boot, the MSM kept mum on it, so racial tensions didn't rise.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
just seen this on another site !

something needs to be done, furthermore i would have them all executed in the same way they murdered that couple.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos

I just wanted to know where were the riots and lawlessness when these to beutiful children where bretally murdered. I did not want to go out and picket and riot. ZMy family stayed glued to the TV and cried because we could not believe monsters could do this to another human being.
This was a big case here and I give the parents of the victims all of my blessings for being strong.
I know this is past the mods 36 hour rule but we have to compare this to the Zimmerman trial.
Why do these people take to the streets and raise cain for this horrible mistake of a murder.
When these two young kids died years ago we just went to church and raised money and awarness in my community.

Something is deffinatly wrong with the way the people are being so aggressive over this.

www.trutv.com

maybe you should start protesting on the streets etc in the USA, it seems it's becoming the only way to get things done !

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I mentioned this on another thread about why there was no national outrage or coverage of this. In all my 38 years in Knoxville there has never been a more horrific murder/rape/torture combination then this one. very limited national coverage. The only time Nancy Grace commented was on the re-trials. Yes, the parents had to sit through this twice! The judge who presided over the initial trial was found guilty of(among other things) being on high doses of pain killers during this trial. So the parents had to endure it again. And they have had to face the courts trying to get records released to no avail. And the second time around the defense tried to limit the information allowed, as in no color photos, no mention of the rape to the guy, etc etc. It was horrible. Thankfully these scum are locked up. Oh, and the tax payers paid to have the female assailants hair friggen colored and re-done so she would look like a normal person in court for her re-trial.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just read about this a couple weeks ago and was very disturbed. This has got to be one of the sickest crimes ever commited against another human being. I can't imagine the horror they endured, so sad for them and their family.

I loathe the media and all it stands for........because truth is no longer their main objective it's ratings....ratings....and ratings only.

For the black community my opinion is that it was a good thing this was not made as public as most of us wanted on our first knee jerk reactions. I believe that if this was made as public and pushed as vehemently racist as the Trayvon trial..... innocent black men and possible women would have been hung on the streets, there would have been deaths. Not protests, not broken windows and stolen tv's but people actually going out and killing other innocent people.

It's much easier for them to push the whites hate blacks, blacks need to stand up to whitey etc...etc.... It causes a ruckus.. some riots but some very good ratings as well. People wouldn't have stayed glued to the screen like they did with Zimmerman they would have gone out and started something . That's not a good thing.

en.wikipedia.org... Rosewood Massacre

What happened to this couple is not okay, what happend to the black teenagers killed by other black teenagers all over the USA is not okay.....murder is not okay, it should not be acceptable ever. The media should display the same amount time, effort and truth only into every story and then move on. No murderers should be glorified ever, no one life ended by murder should ever be treated as less than any other soul taken from earth to soon.

The media needs to be showing what NASA is doing, who one the best teacher award, how community's can help each other etc...etc...... But no one wants to watch that and the networks know that.

edit on 15-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
When I read about this a few years ago the article I read said the the perps actually admitted to the police that they did it because they were white.

I don't think hate crime charges were brought against them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join