It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KTVU San Fran News Station gets pranked on Asiana Pilot Names (worth a laugh)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Apparently someone decided to get a few laughs at the news reporter here.
Everyone here has probably heard Asian names butchered to where it sounds comical, purposely even. There is no doubt that this is deliberate, although I'm not sure who is the mastermind here.

For simple T&C conditions, I wont list the names here, but they are clearly visible and audible in the video.

The newscaster later apologized, and claimed that these names were reported in error, no mention of a prank, and claimed that the names were actually verified by the NTSB.

Thought I'd share.
edit on 12-7-2013 by youdidntseeme because: apology vid

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Think of how many people in this organization this filtered through and still it reached the air. She Ron Bugandy'd " He'll read anything off the teleprompter". "Go **** yourself San Diego."

Media at it's best!

I just can't believe nobody saw Sum Ting Wong with this

edit on 12-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Really? She didn't see that there was Sum Ting Wong when the pilots name was listed as "SumTing Wong"??

You only need a very small understanding of romanization of Asian language to understand those are not legit names. Not to mention it was a Korean airline, expect names like Yoon, Joon, Dong, Sung, etc.

Almost always a double "o" somewhere.

Ho lee kap she got trolled.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The way she reads it too, she rehearsed the names!
Even changing the pronunciation of Ho Lee F's name to make it sound less offensive.

I'm still laughing over here.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Some frat boys somewhere are having a laugh.

Well played.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
[just saw another thread on this - this one was first. Kudos]

I am a grown ass man, and I still find this hilarious.

Happened to the "Heroes" on Colbert report, and he read them on air (and laughed):

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

"Ho Lee Fuk"......
ROTFL!!!!!

That is sooo funny!

The apology was your typical pass the buck baloney. Did someone at the NTSB really confirm those names? I really doubt it.
edit on 12-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm surprised that she didn't catch those names. It's obvious that they were fake. It reminds me of this clip of Saturday Night Live when Robert Deniro was on it:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The saying "The problem with people getting dumber, is that people keep getting dumber", Can be applied here. ~$heopleNation
edit on 12-7-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

You think that someone would have read those aloud before posting them on the teleprompter.

Good lord, dense, just dense.

is it a FOX News affiliate?

Bay Area Fox Affiliate Pranked Into Reporting Fake Names Of Asiana Pilots

OMFG IT IS A FOX AFFILIATE! I KNEW IT!

FOX News, once again failing at fact checking.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
To all those that started threads on this, and with the additional stuff S&F. Tothetenth is busy tonight, but I'm sure he/she still had a titter.
It will probably be the last prank to come out of California for a while now that JN is taking over there. Still, enjoy the Ice cream.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
OMFG IT IS A FOX AFFILIATE! I KNEW IT!

FOX News, once again failing at fact checking.

Yeah but KTVU channel 2 NEWS is very, very left-wing. CNN is full of morons as well because they all are.

I actually was interviewed by that gal years ago when she was investigating health food violations at a certain Burrito shop out here in occupied California. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Cmon, with as bad as FOX News is at reporting fact, tomorrow on FOX & Friends (they have friends?) they will probably report this as fact, blame Obama personally for the airline crash, and somewhere along the line make a racist statement about asian airline pilots not being able to see clearly.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Wow. Not doing my local Bay Area proud there, KTVU lol. Maybe if Dennis Richmond was still anchor, that wouldn't have happened.
I don't want to make light of a tragedy, but that was undeniably amusing.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Cmon, with as bad as FOX News is at reporting fact, tomorrow on FOX & Friends (they have friends?) they will probably report this as fact, blame Obama personally for the airline crash, and somewhere along the line make a racist statement about asian airline pilots not being able to see clearly.

Oh I am not defending FOX NEWS at all. I am simply informing you that KTVU Channel 2 NEWS is very, very left leaning. It's just a known fact out here. Watch it some time and you will understand. I myself don't participate in the fake left vs right, two party circus side show.

I just report, and you decide! LMAO!
~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Yeah I grew up watching Dennis, I liked him. They fired Elaine Corral years before they let Dennis go. There was a cruel rumor that some people said it was because of her hairdo. That is very mean if true cause she did her job very well. ~$heopleNation

edit on 12-7-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Wake up all MSM outlets are equally as bad. The exact same documentary they did about FOX could be duplicated with all of them. Or do we have to film it before you will realize?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sum Ting Wong

Wi Tu Lo

Ho Lee Fuk

Bang Ding Ow

Hmmm, I bet she read "Blood on the Hurdles" by Tu Hung Lo after she discovered her broadcast blooper.

Verfied with NTSB eh? I bet somebody got fired.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Tu hung Lo? They call me Tu Hung Long. My China town gangsta name is Cung Uf Sung Yung Gyee! No disrespect, just saying. I bet there are jokes about our western languages in many different Asian Countries.

Let me make myself perfectly clear though, I respect their languages, their food and traditions ect all over Asia. I have studied Martial Arts during my life and have many friends that I care a lot about who educated me in it. I love the various cultures all over there in the North and South.

It comes down to the cultural ignorance of the talking heads in the media at the end of the day, not a few laughs here on ATS. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Tu hung Lo? They call me Tu Hung Long.

The funny thing here being that this is closest to Viet, it is pronounced Doo How(ng) Law and Doo Haw(ng) Lao(ng).

Unless you have the o with the hat on the last word., ô. And you need a th like Thu, to get a t sound.
edit on 12-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join