It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KTVU San Fran News Station gets pranked on Asiana Pilot Names (worth a laugh)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
this whole story is one big joke.

no plane really crashed in the making of this comedy.

come on people. you have all been punked!

fess up!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TopsyTurvyOne

oh my GOD.. really? Another one?

I so hate youtube.. the biggest trash can on the internet and everyone is dumpster diving.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The editor or producer of the station should have realized these names were questionable. Any person with common sense, let alone a journalist should have spotted the prank. This really shows someone didn't do their job and do a double check on the names of the pilots. I wouldn't be surprised if the names were not confirmed, and it was used to transfer the blame away from the news station.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyTurvyOne
this whole story is one big joke.

no plane really crashed in the making of this comedy.

come on people. you have all been punked!

fess up!

Maybe do some research yourself, rather than listen to someone's conspiracy-babble on youtube. There are many pictures that are about halfway between the pictures that guy was showing you, where you can tell there is grass, it just blends in. From the shots farther out, it looks like dirt.. it isn't. There was foam sprayed.. after all the passengers were removed from the site. The only people who get punked are folks like you who think nothing ever bad happens, and it's all a joke and a hoax. Accidents really do happen. There really are terrorists and people who are very disturbed who will kill others, and natural disasters and so on. It's a big world out there.. pity some of you choose to ignore it, living on youtube instead, believing whatever tripe some conspiracy minded freak babbles at you.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well that made my day.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You know what they say about "ASSuming" things ... well ... I get to eat the humble pie here as I assumed the error was made in the TV studio's back offices where they write the news and fact check their informantion.

WRONG!

There was only half a mistake there ... their fact checker DID do their job. The TV station does NOT say where or how they got the fictitious names in the first place though.

Guess what?

The NTSB DID verify the names and they have now issued an apology according to the news station.

www.youtube.com...

Seems a newbie "yes man" at NTSB verified it.

The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots. A summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.

Edit to Add:
The old "fool me once ... " saying promted me to dig this up - in case the station fabricated the apology as well.
www.ntsb.gov... Apology verfied by NTSB news release on their website.

This wasn't even main stream news yesterday; now, all the major media have the story after the apologies were made.

I du b-leave der iz sum ting wong wit de wa dat we weed tings zum thymez - eben mi 'ubby miz-red it!

edit on 13/7/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

That bit of info only adds to the humor factor here.

Honestly I thought that was just a bit of damage control by the news station, but hearing that it was, in fact, verified, jusgt makes it so much funnier.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The funny thing here being that this is closest to Viet, it is pronounced Doo How(ng) Law and Doo Haw(ng) Lao(ng).

Unless you have the o with the hat on the last word., ô. And you need a th like Thu, to get a t sound.

Well I don't know much about the Vietnamese language my friend, but I do know that they are some of the kindest and hardest working people that I have ever met. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by boncho
The funny thing here being that this is closest to Viet, it is pronounced Doo How(ng) Law and Doo Haw(ng) Lao(ng).

Unless you have the o with the hat on the last word., ô. And you need a th like Thu, to get a t sound.

Well I don't know much about the Vietnamese language my friend, but I do know that they are some of the kindest and hardest working people that I have ever met. ~$heopleNation

Very dear and loyal friends as well. A little hot tempered, but that's what makes the women so attractive.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by boncho

The way she reads it too, she rehearsed the names!
Even changing the pronunciation of Ho Lee F's name to make it sound less offensive.

I'm still laughing over here.

I don't think so personally. I think she was just reading them for the first or second time. I think the only time she thought about what she was reading was when she got to the "Fuk" part, and she didn't want it to sound like the F word, and this is why she changed her reading cadence a bit. But you might be right too, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The apology was your typical pass the buck baloney. Did someone at the NTSB really confirm those names? I really doubt it.
edit on 12-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

2nd
edit on 14-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join