It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if the Zimmerman trial represents our judical system.. well its broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So I watched the trail from the start did my own research into the circumstances and found my own verdict, however I watched to see if any of the items I found made it into the arguements. Only like two were ever discussed and both in vague detail. I do understand the judge has hamstringed the defence as best she could with out screaming hang Zimmerman from the gallows and they have done well to push along his claim to innocence. My real beef comes from the issue that the states case rests not on who swung first but who noticed race first. From this I gather should a black man attack me to the degree I fear for my very life I cant shoot him if I notice or speak on the fact that he is black.

Say what you will but the states case is so flimsy they actully pulled the race card with a white prosecutor who freakin quoted MLK to stir racial emotions. This whole pony show has disgusted me,when oj simpson killed that girl and her buddy race was absent in the media but let a white looking hispanic guy kill a black guy and sweet Jesus. Now if you think trayvon was the agressor you a racist cracker who is late to the clan meeting cause all black folk know a black man would never harm a white guy. Also apparently the law dosent matter when a wannabe thug meets a wannabe cop didnt matter trayvon attacked him cause a lady on the phone says"we dont need you to do that" .

My question is why does it matter a young adult made a stupid decision that cost him his life. Zimmerman was in his right the whole time maybe not morally but legaly. It is because trayvon is black it is because sharpton and jackson saw another tragedy to profit from. It is because of threats of violence from an ill informed black community who believes what ever they are sold by a man who isnt white. Its because our president made an ill informed comment that would give him a hella black eye in the media if Zimmerman walks.

This is the truth as I see it flame or support ive spoken my peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

You are right! Seldom is the truth what is told in court. It's who can twist the story to their benefit, lie or not they just want the win. The judge should not have let them change the punishment part and if he has a temper and fights alot then that should be noted. As if zimmerman had done this many times before then that should have be told. They are going to convict him to avoid a riot not to do justice!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Personally i think tits the way they want everyone to feel so the justice system can be changed. How many high profile cases recently where justice wasnt served. Take for example the duke lacross team and the outrage by most colleges by the way they were treated in the end and the malicious actions of the DA. Its all to surreal to acctually be accurate.Personally im begginning to think through intimidation and bribery in this case the jury will bring back a guilty verdict. It will be a long deliberation to feign the appearance the jury struggled to find a verdict. Some other glamor will occur to keep america watching and then the people of intelligence will be shocked and begin demanding a better way justice be served and the barak administration will be more then willing to deliver.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Op, YES!

But, um are you just now coming to the corrupt courts realization?

been hitting that snooze too long? well you ARE awake now.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I guess you are just seeing this now, how about the OJ Trial, Casey Anthony Trial, there are plenty more out there that are high profile were we all knew they were guilty but got off.

I guess it all depends on how deep your pockets are.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

It is not about justice but about the law. The two do not necessarily coincide. No one seeks justice in a court room, they seek to develop a solid probability in the jurors' minds. In order to do so, they need to sell a story. Whether that story is reality, who cares?

HOPEFULLY, if and when our day ever comes, those laws and judicial procedures more closely resemble a cogent system than what old dude has going on in Florida right now. Hey, wasn't the Casey Anthony trial in Florida too? And the 2000 election fiasco too? Hmmm.....

new topics

top topics

join