It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Verdict in the Zimmerman Trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Your whole argument is based after the fact that Zimmerman judged that this random kid was potentially threatening to the peace of the neighborhood (what irony) and so he started following the kid. Now you fail to put yourself in the kids shoes. He notices a suspicious person following him now. You claim it would be best if he went home and called 9-11 that probably would have been best yes, but him not taking this course of action does not warrant him being killed. Which is what you are arguing. You can say its a tough guy thing, or something racist, but some people are brought up to protect and defend themselves and handle situations on their own. Violent conflict could have been prevented in this situation let alone a death. It was a misunderstanding, but I dont believe you can argue that the kid deserves to die, which is what you are doing. If your child was in the same situation would you believe he deserved to die,shrug your shoulders and let the killer walk completely innocent? Im not asking you to change things around like "I would never let my son wear a hoodie, or he wouldnt be in that situation to begin with". Im asking exact same situation, how would you feel, and what would you do, shrug your shoulders, or see the need for justice?

Now you fail to put yourself in the kids shoes.

in my younger days i was way worst than anything TThug ever thought. i was teen feet tall and bullet proof. and i gonna leave at that.

but him not taking this course of action does not warrant him being killed

if he chose a course that involved violence what ever the outcome he brought it upon himself. ever heard the saying, live by the sword die by the sword.

Which is what you are arguing

no i'm not, i'm saying that zimmerman had the right to respond with deadly force after being attacked.

but some people are brought up to protect and defend themselves and handle situations on their own

i was brought up the same way, i also was brought up to use common sense.confronting someone with out someone else with around there is no one to help. is stupid, you don't know have any idea what they may have on them and running back to where you last saw the source the of fear. ie "creepy azz cracker" is not common sense. when you had to run by your own house. to do it.

Violent conflict could have been prevented in this situation let alone a death.

yes it could have on both sides, it was just as much TTHugs responsibility as zimmermans to avoid violence.
if he would have just stepped into the front or back door of the house he was staying in, and not went back to where the "creepy azz cracker" was and confronting him. he would still be alive and GZ wouldn't be on trial.

It was a misunderstanding, but I dont believe you can argue that the kid deserves to die, which is what you are doing.

like i said earlier, no i'm not, i'm saying that zimmerman had the right to respond with deadly force after being attacked.
again live by the sword die by the sword, if you chose to act violently and attack someone what ever comes is brought on by you. TThug lived in Florida should have known it is a right to carry state, you just don't go jumpin on someone. never know who has a cc permit.

If your child was in the same situation would you believe he deserved to die,shrug your shoulders and let the killer walk completely innocent?

first i've told my kids that the first thing to do is run, avoid the situation, call 911. not to run out of sight, then make their way back to where they got scared or the last place they saw their source of fear. and try to attack that source. then if all else fails then fight.

i' m asking exact same situation, how would you feel, and what would you do, shrug your shoulders, or see the need for justice?

now this is where i think TThugs text and photos, and school records should have come into evidence.
TThugs folks had to know what kind of person their child was. it is plain to see that he was violent and that he liked to fight.

knowing that if i my child had behaved the way that they had to know TThug behaved. well first i wouldn't let my child behave that way. but yes i would want to know what happened, be i also know that if you continue to fight and start sh@@ with people, that one day your gonna run into someone that puts a end to to it.

that wouldn't make the pain go away, but i wouldn't won't to railroad a guy for protecting himself.

edit on 12-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I completely respect where your coming from and your opinion on the matter. I can only admit to myself that this is no easy case, situation, or decision. Especially to be left up to 6 random people (if the jury is in fact random people). Do you think there is some absolute justice, a real answer that transcends belief and opinion that is appropriate for this case? Or do you think it should be a sort of democracy, what people think should occur, jurors (I guess this is what law is all about). Seeing what side has the best evidence for their case. Since this is not such a black and white thing (lol) but there is this grey area of events and motives and decisions and laws, is there any chance the appropriate thing to do would be meeting half way in some way? Or you think that would be completely unfair to Zimmerman because you are convinced he is completely innocent. And you dont see that as being completely unfair to the parents of tthug? Hm, it is a tough situation, thats for sure.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I completely respect where your coming from and your opinion on the matter. I can only admit to myself that this is no easy case, situation, or decision. Especially to be left up to 6 random people (if the jury is in fact random people). Do you think there is some absolute justice, a real answer that transcends belief and opinion that is appropriate for this case? Or do you think it should be a sort of democracy, what people think should occur, jurors (I guess this is what law is all about). Seeing what side has the best evidence for their case. Since this is not such a black and white thing (lol) but there is this grey area of events and motives and decisions and laws, is there any chance the appropriate thing to do would be meeting half way in some way? Or you think that would be completely unfair to Zimmerman because you are convinced he is completely innocent. And you dont see that as being completely unfair to the parents of tthug? Hm, it is a tough situation, thats for sure.

yes there is absolute justice, but sometimes that doesn't come until the end of your life. when your life is over there is a absolute power that judges what you did in life, and you will answer for it. you can call it what ever you want, I call it God.

you see that's what the beauty of our justice system is suppose to be, there is doubt on both sides, in this kinda case it is better to let a guilty person walk than to imprison a innocent man. and no matter what the circumstantial evidence says, there is still room for doubt.

sometimes the system does work.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It just bothers me that you can easily let this guy walk innocent after taking a young mans life, in the name of our great law and justice system, yet there are jails packed with people doing years for much less then killing a kid.

You are saying I can carry a gun, walk around town, start a fight, wait till the guy tries to punch me and then kill him and this is totally acceptable in society?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

ATS had a mock trial about this case last year and I was the jury foreman.
At the time we had little "evidence" to really go by. I based my decision on
the 911 calls where Zimmerman was told to back down and let the police
do their job.He didn't do what he was told to and he shot that kid.
I vote that he is GUILTY of murder.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He'll be declared Not Guilty. Weird plot twist. Then riots. And more riots.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

Whats your opinion?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Whats your opinion?

Same as my prediction.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Annnnnd.....my prediction of verdict is true.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

We are so proud of you
You should be a lawyer, this country needs more innocently killed kids.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

We are so proud of you
You should be a lawyer, this country needs more innocently killed kids.

Bitte, bleiben sie leise. They haven't released the plot twist I spoke of yet. Patience, my young fungus.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Are you going to impress me with details of your plot twist prediction? Or are you practicing on becoming a palm reader? Oh and does your german tell me you are not from this country, my bad.
edit on 14-7-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Guilty.

He killed an innocent young man. He was not a law officer. The kid was not doing anything wrong. He could have called the police on the kids if he was really worried. He suspiciously followed the kid leading into a confrontation. And then he killed him. If this event transpired the other way around, (the kid on neighborhood watch, and zimmerman 'a suspicious fellow' in the neighborhood, the kid would be guilty for his actions). Justice for the loss of this kids life must be served in some manner, as much of a bad situation and accident as this was, accidentally killing someone when the situation could have been prevented, still should have a punishment in some sense.

Ive heard talk of stand your own ground and self defense and people using these terms to claim zimmerman is innocent and should walk a free man. If that is the case, then those same people would have to agree that if the kid killed zimmerman, the kid would be innocent and a free man for standing his own ground and defending himself.

Look, I DON'T have all the evidence. And seeing as this thread won't solve or fix anything I'm just going to give my opinion. If I'm wrong I have no problem with others filling in the details.

I didn't hear anything about Zimmerman catching Trayvon breaking into a house or damaging property or even scratching a car with a key. Nothing. So, here comes Trayvon walking along and possibly munching on candy Skittles. For some reason the gun-toting Zimmerman confronts the young man and the skirmish takes place on the sidewalk. No evidence that Trayvon was doing anything wrong. He may have been highly offended that Zimmerman was questioning him on why a black kid was in his neighborhood. I dunno.

I am left with the opinion that Zimmerman was looking for a confrontation, and found one.

Again, if I'm wrong and there is evidence to the opposite, please feel free to enlighten me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join