It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Rebels Counter-Attack Across Iraq as U.S Troops Enter Fallujah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Since the the beginning of the long awaited U.S offensive against rebel held Fallujah what appears to be a co-ordinated counter-attack by insurgents seems to be underway in the Capitol Baghdad and across the country.

Since the offensive began:

TUESDAY: 45 Killed in Attacks on 3 Police Stations in Baquba

Insurgent attacks and clashes killed 45 people in the Iraqi city of Baquba on Tuesday, a hospital morgue official said.

Guerrillas attacked three police stations and a river bridge in the city, 40 miles northeast of Baghdad, and fought gunbattles with Iraqi police and National Guards.

Reuters

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

TUESDAY: Car Bomb in the Northern Iraqi City of Kirkuk

A suspected car bomb exploded at a big Iraqi National Guard base near Iraq's northern city of Kirkuk on Tuesday, police said.

They said later that there were no casualties in the blast at the main entrance to the base in the K-1 oil pumping station area, about 10 miles northwest of Kirkuk.

Reuters

MONDAY: Eight Killed in Attacks on Two Churches.

Car bombs at two Baghdad churches and outside a hospital treating the victims of those attacks have killed at least eight people and wounded dozens as a wave of blasts struck the Iraqi capital.

A car bomb exploded outside St George's Catholic church in southern Baghdad just before 6.30pm (1530 GMT), followed minutes later by a second outside St Matthew's church.

english.aljazeera.net

MONDAY: Black Watch Soldier Killed by Roadside Bomb.

A soldier from Britain's Black Watch regiment has been killed and two others wounded in Iraq after a bomb exploded near their camp, the British defence ministry says.

A ministry spokesman said the bomb had been left by the road near Camp Dogwood on Monday.

english.aljazeera.net

MONDAY: 3 Killed as Suicide Bomber Attacks U.S Convoy

A suicide bomber blew up his red Opel car near a U.S. convoy on Baghdad's main airport road on Monday, killing at least three people, witnesses said.

A Reuters photographer saw American soldiers taking three bodies from a four-wheel-drive vehicle wrecked in the blast and loading them on stretchers into a military ambulance.

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 11-14-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Did everyone expect the Mujahideen to be incapable of defending themselves? That the might US would just come in and steamroll over them, slaughtering all of them?

They are much more intelligent and capable than many give them credit for, and everyone will learn an important lesson in this battle.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Zarqawi group claims Iraq attacks

"Al-Qaeda lions launched an attack in Baquba, where mujahideen were able to raid three police stations and kill more than 45 policemen," said a statement from the Al-Qaeda Organisation of Holy War in Iraq.

The statement, which could not be immediately authenticated, was posted on militant websites.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Did everyone expect the Mujahideen to be incapable of defending themselves? That the might US would just come in and steamroll over them, slaughtering all of them?

They are much more intelligent and capable than many give them credit for, and everyone will learn an important lesson in this battle.

To call these fighters Mujahadeen is an insult to the Mujahadeen, hehe...they're largely a mish-mash of foreign terrorists, islamic militants, Taliban (ex-Mujahadeen), former Baathists, ex-Iraqi soldiers, and a smaller number of Iraqis just looking to vent.

Such relatively minor scattered attacks really aren't mounting to any resemblance of a "victory" for the insurgents here....
At least they're attacking military targets instead of random civilians though, so I guess that's a little evolution of morals.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
"Relatively minor-scattered attacks?"

Perhaps you've been feeding off the US-Military propaganda machine. These aren't just a couple "fellas" with guns running around and taking a few shots, and then getting instantly killed by the "mighty" tanks of the "Coaltion."

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226 These aren't just a couple "fellas" with guns running around and taking a few shots...

Time will tell.

No, it sounds like a couple of fellas sneaking around and leaving bombs in various places because they don't have the numbers and skills to actually take the fight to the 'Coalition'.

If they were the fine upstanding people you claim they are, we would be seeing them and not just the bombs they set in public places to catch the nightly news.

And yes, time WILL tell.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There would be no suicide bombings... no violence... no battles.. no children being shot to pieces if the American imperialists never went in to Iraq.

I would not shed a tear if Bush was taken out tommorow.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
There would be no suicide bombings... no violence... no battles.. no children being shot to pieces if the American imperialists never went in to Iraq.

There wouldn't? Where have you been for the last thirty years? Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No, it sounds like a couple of fellas sneaking around and leaving bombs in various places because they don't have the numbers and skills to actually take the fight to the 'Coalition'.

If they were the fine upstanding people you claim they are, we would be seeing them and not just the bombs they set in public places to catch the nightly news.

What are you saying? You expect them to present themselves to the coalition forces wearing a giant target painted on their t-shirts yelling 'i'm over here'?? Wake up!!! Just because they're not american doesn't mean they're stupid!!! They're fighting for something they believe in against a far superior force, what do you expect!!! Welcome to 21st century warfare, sorry if the enemy isn't polite enough for you.

Respect your enemy.

-raven

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No, in war, shoot your enemy.

I'm extremely tired of people portraying these slimes as some kind of robin hoods. From the information I have seen, a large number of them aren't even Iraqis. I have no respect for them or their tactics.

I find nothing respectable in blowing up car bombs at random times in random places simply for the television coverage it generates. Maybe you can find something to be proud of in this? If so enlighten me.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven2012
Respect your enemy.
-raven

I dont respect ANYONE that TARGETS children or beheads prisoners, you can hero worship this scum all you want to, they would butcher you in a minute.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

Yes, I am sure there will be many lessons for everyone involved.

As for the brave mujahideen opposing our forces, I will memorialize them thus:

They died fighting against a better future for Iraq and its people.

I'm sure the people of Iraq will remember them and their contributions to peace when this war has finally ended.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Respect your enemy.

-raven

Kill your enemy, enslave his women and children. Lay waste to his lands,slaughter his livestock and poison his water. This is the nature of the beast called WAR.

Above all.....TAKE NO PRISONERS!! Before the coalition attacks it should be broadcast and spread about on leaflets, that we will take no prisoners, and it will do no good to surrender.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You know, reading alot of your posts I have come to a conclusion about humanity.

Here it goes!

Humanity will never ever move out of this kill mentality. We as a living being have stopped growing and started to move backwords. We continue to teach our children it is easier to hate than to work out our differences. I am know ashamed to call myself human and have lost faith in the human race. Thanks/

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven2012
Respect your enemy.
-raven

This is what you respect?

MONDAY: Eight Killed in Attacks on Two Churches.

original news source:

Car bombs at two Baghdad churches and outside a hospital treating the victims of those attacks have killed at least eight people and wounded dozens as a wave of blasts struck the Iraqi capital.

A car bomb exploded outside St George's Catholic church in southern Baghdad just before 6.30pm (1530 GMT), followed minutes later by a second outside St Matthew's church.

english.aljazeera.net

Or this?

Insurgent attacks and clashes killed 45 people in the Iraqi city of Baquba on Tuesday, a hospital morgue official said.

The sooner these cowardly terrorists are eradicated, the sooner the Iraqis can start to rebuild their nation.

The good thing is that the old saying "for every one you kill, ten will replace him" is no longer true. It's just a mathematical fact. It may have held true in the past, but not anymore because of the technological onslaught they are about to receive. There will be no more breeding-age terrorists left. This is why they are so desperately trying a last stand.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You're all missing the point of my quote. Respecting your enemy isn't about respect for his actions or what he stands for, it's about respecting they're their ability to kill you and a reminder to not underestimate their intelligence and will to do so. It was posted in response to someone who was pissed off because the insurgents weren't fighting the way the coalition wanted them to.

-raven

[edit on 10-11-2004 by raven2012]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think we all understood your post. We just didn't agree that the slime deserved any kind of respect. A better way to put it would be KNOW your enemy or UNDERSTAND your enemy. The things these barbarians are doing make them sub-human.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90

I would not shed a tear if Bush was taken out tommorow.

Yeah right GULF WAR I and II did not happen neither right? cause to me that is a lot of violence...battles.....dead children....

I am sure you won't shed any tears for George , so wont't he.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
I think we all understood your post. We just didn't agree that the slime deserved any kind of respect. A better way to put it would be KNOW your enemy or UNDERSTAND your enemy. The things these barbarians are doing make them sub-human.

Ya! Like the way they took their prisoners, put bags over their heads, tied their hands and stuck them in positions simulating homosexual acts! Or like the way they rounded up anyone with a similar sounding arabic name, dumped them in Guatanamo Bay and held them without rights for two years. OR the way the they tortured, raped, humiliated and possibly murdered prisoners of war and then took digital photographs and spread them around the internet......
man, those bastards!

Wait....
aren't those
OUR
"sub-human barbarians"????

Are we learning yet?

there is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
While these attacks have merit, calling them counter attacks to the attack in Fallujah sounds like your trying to give them more significance then they deserve. I don't see how you can call other attacks in Iraq as a counter attack to Fallujah. The attack in Fallujah is a huge offensive & a very significant battle and will be remembered as such. The insurgent attacks & suicide bombings etc. are happening on a regular basis and while they may have been stepped up a bit more than usual, there is nothing much different than before the Fallujah attack.

I would call them desperate attacks to distract attention from the bloodbath of dying insurgents in Fallujah while their headquarters is being scuttled, though more likely just an attempt to take advantage of areas with less troops while they still can.

The battle in Fallujah is almost over and will most certainly be a great loss for insurgents, though by far not the end of the insurgency. Deaths in Fallujah thus far are estimated to be 500-600 insurgents and about 25 Allied forces. Had they not had a month warning before attack I'm sure the numbers on both sides would have at least quadrupled

While many insurgents have left Fallujah - the goal of emptying Fallujah of insurgents has worked whether they left or stuck around & died. The allied forces won't be leaving Fallujah anytime soon thus the insurgents can no longer use Fallujah as it's headquarters regardless if some decide to go back.

I'm just wondering which city is the next Fallujah and when will we run out of the next Fallujah's.

If this were a football game & the allied team just scored 4 touchdowns in a row and the score was 56 to 3, and you're yelling, hey but the insurgents center just made it back from the snack bar with 4 jumbo hot dogs and it will surely give them enough energy to score a field goal on their next set of downs.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by outsider]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join