It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[EWC] Electric Sin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Electric Sin

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars

Davis softly sang the words to the old Frank Sinatra song under his breath. He didn’t have to worry. The song was approved and singing was allowed. His favorite fedora though, remained in a box hidden in his closet. Wearing period hats was considered extremist activity.

Let me see what spring is like
On a, Jupiter and Mars

Davis was thirty years old. He was a computer whiz and programmer with few equals. He worked at the NSA Headquarters in Utah, sifting, collecting, analyzing data.

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

He liked his job. He told himself this over and over, every day. He had to. It was the law. Disliking your job would put you on a terrorist watch list and get you sent to any number of “Education Facilities” across the nation. Ever since Madam President took the oath, things have accelerated in the realm of data trolling and information analysis.
But he still had trouble with The Boss.

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more

The Boss. Capital letters, on all documents and in speech when the name was uttered. There was only one time that he ever came close to actually being near The Boss. It was when Madam President came to visit The Facility. He was one of several top computer aces privileged to go with the president’s entourage. He was standing outside the main office down in the lowest sublevel of The Facility. The sickly sweet smell of brimstone coated the back of his throat like a fresh coat of paint.
He remembered Madam President violently opening the outer door and stumbling away. Loose bowels decorated the light blue pantsuit she was wearing and as she wiped away tears of blood from her yellowed eyes, she softly whimpered and was led away back to the presidential limo. Her heavy shoes left sooty remains in the carpet. They looked like cloven hoof prints.
She never returned.

You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

Davis turned away from those thoughts and returned to focus on the work and the job that he loved. Today was website day. Here, he got to visit different conspiracy sites and target individuals that might be trouble later on. He was already developing a file on a “Beezzer” who was just a bit too opinionated.
He hoped that The Boss would be happy.

In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Loved it Beez!

BTW Hillary knows who you are talking about and you just made the list.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Thanks Heff for making me laugh even more.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Loved it Beez!

Thank you!

*uh-oh*

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks Sonnny. Hope you enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Im still waiting on the book..........

I didnt forget.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

Im still waiting on the book..........

I didnt forget.

A work in progress, trust me.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was hoping that he was a rebel, not a 'fraidy cat.

Good story though.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I was hoping that he was a rebel, not a 'fraidy cat.

Good story though.

Thanks! Maybe in a longer version Davis will/would. But for the sake of tempo, he had to capitulate.

top topics

join