It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

Since the general consensus on here is that your looking at whether you can get in trouble or not ill let you know the legalities of what you'll be doing;

CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. 7701, et seq., Public Law No. 108-187 states;

A message cannot be sent to a harvested email address.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Skaffa

Not true......I ended up here searching for obscure prophecies and for the aliens and UFOs. There are countless reasons why people end up at ATS; the forums you have mentioned are only a small portion of the site. Many here would have no earthly idea what you are trying to get at, and newer members might be completely confused by the lack of information in your OP. Just my $0.02.

Well i wasn't asking them.
One informed answer would've been enough, but seemingly here on ATS, "deny ignorance!"
people don't take too kindly to people trying to spread the word =.=

Guess it's just me tho. Thanks anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
And how do you know that your emails wont go to minors and cause them trauma ? But honestly i think most of the emails will end to the spam folder..

That is absolutely true. If I recieve an e-mail from a stranger it gets deleted.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If these are your customers then you can, but you must state that it isn't a commercial message and you also have to give them an option to opt out of anymore emails from you. You have 10 days to comply with their opt out request otherwise you can be charged with a misdemeanor under the CAN-SPAM Act.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

One informed response? You've had about 10 they just werent what you wanted to hear which is "go ahead and spam people, you'll be bettering their lives.."

link   
reply to post by Skaffa

Already 3 pages yet you haven't divulge and just want people here to guess what you want to spread, isn't that ironic?

link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber
reply to post by Skaffa

Since the general consensus on here is that your looking at whether you can get in trouble or not ill let you know the legalities of what you'll be doing;

Thank you!
Seeing as they did agree and subscribe to my emails personally,
and ill add the option to unsub, and it won't be a commercial email.. it's legal.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Why didnt you just come right out and say from the start that you wanted to find a legal way to spam people? Also if this is actually for your own company, a mailing list I'm worth it's weight in gold so why would u want to spam people therefore losing members of your mailing list to get out a message that most people won't even read?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marhaba
reply to post by Skaffa

Already 3 pages yet you haven't divulge and just want people here to guess what you want to spread, isn't that ironic?

I asked one question.. expected one answer:
Inform about America derailing. Wise thing to do? yes/no? Thank you!

If you keep asking me questions ill keep answering them, but i was not planning on giving you guys the whole content of the email.. since i haven't even started it and didn't want to go into that yet.

i get that i shouldn't have been vague about it,
but is this really not making sense?

Why would i do this.. well i don't see many others doing anything about it.. and most of the ones that do seem like total headcases.. like i do now probably.

Besides.. i already sold the company.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

I would think that someone with enough business sense to have a MILLION customers wouldn't make this kind of mistake. Betrayal of a customer's trust by spamming a non-solicited personal message.

Then again, I wouldn't think they would be asking for advise on a conspiracy forum either.

But that's probably just me.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

It makes sense what your doing but as for if its wise or not I'd say no. I don't think your the head of a company with a mailing list of over a million emails anyway and I think you obtained the list from somebody else. Or you work for a company with this list and I doubt they would be happy about you doing it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Stealthbomber

I would think that someone with enough business sense to have a MILLION customers wouldn't make this kind of mistake. Betrayal of a customer's trust by spamming a non-solicited personal message.

Then again, I wouldn't think they would be asking for advise on a conspiracy forum either.

But that's probably just me.

Like i said.. sold the company.

Is is THAT insane to sacrifice something trying to change things?
edit on 9-7-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

Okay, so then the list isn't yours anymore, therefore yes it would be illegal.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Skaffa

Okay, so then the list isn't yours anymore, therefore yes it would be illegal.

The list is still mine.. i never sold the list and never will.

Why the hostile vibes? Am i annoying you? Why are you here then.

Just trying to help!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

I've sold a company that included an active email list and website. It was included in the sale...in fact it was part of the reason I got my asking price.

If you sold the company...you don't own the email list anymore. It would be spam you are sending out.

Des

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

There's no hostile vibes, you said you sold the company so they arent your customers anymore. I'm trying to help you so you don't go out and get charged for spamming people. It's annoying me that you can't give us a straight answer on what you want to do and keep changing things and adding in bits where you see fit.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't know why people come on here asking questions and when they don't get the answer they seek they want to argue, you asked a question, yes it's illegal! Take the hint dude.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

I got curious with your thread because you said you have real evidence and there might be a possibility i could be on your mailing list that's why as of now i'm getting intrigued.
If you could put your "evidence" here later and if i believe it or just make me think for a moment, then i might help you spread it but if it sound dubious to me, it will go to junk and will be submitted/reported as a spam accordingly.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Skaffa

Thread closed, to be removed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join